X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    I think Floyd said he wants 150.The only problem with Mayweather Martinez would be Martinez getting cut against Matthew Macklin.2 months might not be long enough if he gets a deep one
    I'll throw this in for shits and giggles , Macklin might trouble martinez or at least not make it the walk over it first appears .
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Macklin is a decent fighter, and Martinez seems to have problems getting 'up' for fighters he thinks are beneath him.

If a fight with Floyd is signed, however, I see Macklin getting step-aside money....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
        Who's hating?

I thought I was being pretty pro-Floyd.....
        Nevermind.

Ol' Dloc was sauced on the Crown Royale. Haha!!

Please, carry on.
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

I hate to interrupt this discussion about a fight that isn't yet taking place, but it looks like the new NBC sports network has boxing on tonight, very imaginatively named "Fight Night". Anybody watching?

And by the way, I hate Floyd. I just want to see somebody, ANYBODY beat the shit out of his thug ass, so I hope he gets it on with Pacquiao.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by gbranton
            I hate to interrupt this discussion about a fight that isn't yet taking place, but it looks like the new NBC sports network has boxing on tonight, very imaginatively named "Fight Night". Anybody watching?
            Wish i could.This is a great idea though,get boxing back in the public eye.Main event of Bryant Jennings and Maurice Byarm for 10 rounds,I have heard of neither of these guys.They will need better fight cards to keep interest up.
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Wish i could.This is a great idea though,get boxing back in the public eye.Main event of Bryant Jennings and Maurice Byarm for 10 rounds,I have heard of neither of these guys.They will need better fight cards to keep interest up.
              It would be so nice for network television to get behind boxing again and have some big fights for free. I remember as a kid watching Ali vs Spinks 1 and II on network television. Not to mention Wide World of Sports on Saturday afternoon was always good for some big fights like Camacho vs Haugen a couple of times.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Agree that a wider public interest would be great. However, it's all about $$$$. PPV allows for bigger purses.

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

They were two undefeated Philly heavyweights who gave a fairly entertaining fight. I don't think either guy has a huge upside. I was a little iffy on the commentators, Freddy Roach had good stuff to say but sadly stuggled to get off at times. Flores speaks well but makes ridiculous faces on camera and clams up during the fight.

In a couple of weeks they do have Jab Judah scheduled for a main event.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                    That's bull.

All the drug-testing and so on has just been grand-standing - I really don't think that either fighter fears the other.

Mayweather is the one trying to make the fight right now. I've always said that the person blocking this fight is Bob Arum - his hatred of Money is legendary......
                    Is it bull? Then why has Merriweather used every trick in the book to avoid Pac in the past two years? The drug-testing BS isnt proof enough that he's been ducking him?

Only reason Floyd wants to fight now is because he's off to jail and wants one last big pay day IMO
                    http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

The drugs testing has all been about hype and getting inside Pacman's head, IMO.

Team Pac has not done themselves a lot of favours in being so slow to comply, either.

Mayweather may be a spectacular asshole, but I honestly don't believe that there's anyone he's not willing to fight. It's all about how big the payday is....

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                        Is it bull? Then why has Merriweather used every trick in the book to avoid Pac in the past two years? The drug-testing BS isnt proof enough that he's been ducking him?

Only reason Floyd wants to fight now is because he's off to jail and wants one last big pay day IMO
                        The pressure is on both fighters if the fight even happens anyway.They are probably the two biggest guys in boxing today,So the pressure is on for both guys.This is the chance for both guys to test themselves against a guy who is great.Now imagine the added pressure on Manny having two years of crap from Floyd thrown on top of him,The drug accusations and everything else.If any of that seeps it's way into Manny or his camp's head then it is advantage Floyd
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Am sure I read some were that boxers are defined by the people they fought , I think holmes had that problem that after the golden area he kinda couldnt compete for credability because there wernt any greats at their peak left to fight...even tho i think he held the record for title defences and is now defined as a great heavy weight.
                          I think that apart from money if either boxer wants to be remembered in the terms of a " great" there gonna have to meet ...

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Here, I think it's the opposite - they both have so many Hall of Famers on their resumes they don't 'need' one another to atain ATG status....

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

lol opposite opinions in boxing who would have thought

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

i would imagine that either boxer would love to have the scalp of the other on their record .
                                And IMHO their other fights out there matinez (which would be a great fight) etc but the pac/weather fight is the one thats got every one talking even none boxing fans ... its a marquee fight .
                                I just think i wouldnt wanna retire knowing i hadnt fought possibly the best who was out there and that counts for either boxer.

Comment

Working...