X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by binnie
    I think the Alvarez fighter would pose a considerable challenge for Floyd (size + power).

I'd be amazed if Alvarez is the opponent lined-up for Floyd's scheduled September bout. Wouldn't they wait until 5.5.14 to get the extra Cinqo De Mayo PPV numbers? I suspect so.......

I think one of the following will be next: Devon Alexander, Marcus Maidanna or Amir Khan).
    I agree, if he sticks to the plan to fight in September it will be a glorified sparring session with somebody that has no business being in the ring with him. I'm just looking forward to a Alvarez fight, I think Floyd will smoke him.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I think Floyd beats Alvarez - but it wouldn't be easy. Alvarez is naturally much bigger and stronger (he'd be about 175lbs on the night), has decent power (although this is overstated) and picks his shots very, very well (he isn't a straightforward slugger). I think the fight will happen, but it will happen in May next year.

The boxing websites are coming out with their usual shit, stating that Floyd should fight Martinez or Golvolkin. These guys are middleweights - Floyd is a small welterweight. What do people want? Then they mention Pacquiao or Bradley - logical fights were it not for the Bob Arum factor. Arum and Mayweather loathe one another, and that makes doing business impossible. And boxing, sadly, is business.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by binnie
        I think Floyd beats Alvarez - but it wouldn't be easy. Alvarez is naturally much bigger and stronger (he'd be about 175lbs on the night), has decent power (although this is overstated) and picks his shots very, very well (he isn't a straightforward slugger). I think the fight will happen, but it will happen in May next year.

The boxing websites are coming out with their usual shit, stating that Floyd should fight Martinez or Golvolkin. These guys are middleweights - Floyd is a small welterweight. What do people want? Then they mention Pacquiao or Bradley - logical fights were it not for the Bob Arum factor. Arum and Mayweather loathe one another, and that makes doing business impossible. And boxing, sadly, is business.
        I never thought paq-fraud had a chance anyway, after his last few fights it would almost be a waste of Floyd's time to beat the shit out of him.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

Would be funny if Floyd destroyed Bradley before Paq got another shot, you know that would burn his ass.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
            I never thought paq-fraud had a chance anyway, after his last few fights it would almost be a waste of Floyd's time to beat the shit out of him.
            I agree.I doubt i would pay for this fight after Manny's last few.His day's as a top dog are pretty much done after the vicious KO.
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Well, Pacman would be the biggest money fight. I always thought it would be interesting - Manny's is very fast, and has this awkward, erratic rhythm that makes him difficult to time.

Pacman is - without question - an ATG fighter. He is at his best, however, against fighters: guys who stand in front of him and try to trade, and against whom he can use his faster feet and hands to overwhelm. The guys he looks less impressive against are boxers - like Juan Manuel Marquez. And Floyd presents all of those problems.

The fights has all of the makings of a classic boxer/fighter match up, but it will never happen now unless Arum decides he wants to sacrifice his big cash cow......

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

It will be interesting to see where Manny's head is at in his next fight.Physically i think he has a few more years in him but i wonder what (if any) psychological effects the KO has had
                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                  Missed my 8th round or sooner prediction but Floyd is beating this boy like a drum! Best in the world. Period.
                  He embarrassed the shit out of Guerrero, as Binnie pointed out - he exposed every one of his flaws, and pot-shotted him ALL NIGHT. It was a beautiful sight. Dude puts on a boxing clinic every time he gets in the ring. Ghost, busted...
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I feel the need to point out that I really like/respect Guerrero. Perhaps the arrogant douche stuff in the build-up to this fight was just nervous or over-compensation. Who knows?

Either way, I'd love to see this raise his profile into some more big fighter. Guerrero-Bradley would be EPIC. I also think he could beat just about everyone at 140.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I have more respect for Guererro's WIFE for all she's been through, but the douche act pretty much ruined him for me - and I WAS a fan. A fight with Bradley would be interesting, because he's got the power to hurt Bradley, and UNlike Floyd, Guererro would connect with him ALL NIGHT as opposed to missing all night like he did Saturday.... did he tag Floyd ONCE in 12 rounds? 'Cause if he did, we didn't see it...
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Aside from a few body shots, he landed nothing of note..............

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Could a beating like that , being so schooled knock Guererro's confidence ?
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            Could a beating like that , being so schooled knock Guererro's confidence ?
                            He was looking REEEEALLY frustrated and desperate towards the later rounds... definitely didn't help his confidence looking like an amateur all night.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

OK, just spoke to my friend who's into MMA, and he said he thought the ref was bought off, shouldn't have broke the clinches as soon as he did...not sure how that would've HELPED Guerrero, but kinda interesting he'd say that....?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jhale667
                                OK, just spoke to my friend who's into MMA, and he said he thought the ref was bought off, shouldn't have broke the clinches as soon as he did...not sure how that would've HELPED Guerrero, but kinda interesting he'd say that....?
                                Would have helped Floyd close his eye up even faster. He couldn't hit him, a ref can't help with that.

Comment

Working...