X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR'sCock
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

SAMMY HAGAR Says VAN HALEN Is 'Crazy' For Excluding MICHAEL ANTHONY

SAMMY HAGAR Says VAN HALEN Is 'Crazy' For Excluding MICHAEL ANTHONY From Reunion - Sep. 29, 2007
    Mitch Lafon of Classic Rock Revisited recently conducted an interview with Sammy Hagar. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Classic Rock Revisited: What do you think of the current VAN HALEN reunion and Michael Anthony being snubbed?

Sammy: I think they're crazy for doing that. When I got to "reunion" with those guys in 2004, they wanted to throw Mikey out then and I said, "Well, I won't do it without Michael Anthony," and I made sure Michael was still in the band and I guess Dave doesn't feel like that because he let them throw him out and I think that's a mistake. If Eddie wants to play with Wolfie, it's none of my business. He has the right to play with his son. I think that's awesome. I think it's cute. I think it's beautiful and Wolfie, I'm sure, is a good musician. He's Eddie's son and he's been around music all his life. He's a good kid, but Eddie should just do a solo record with him or something like that.

I just don't see doing the VAN HALEN reunion tour with Dave… They've been trying to do this since '95 when I left the first time and it's unfair to the fans. They're going to get away with it because it's finally Dave in the band again and I think without Dave they'd be doomed if Eddie, Wolfie and Alex tried to go out as VAN HALEN like they were going to do. That would be the biggest mistake… EVER! But with Dave coming back in they can pull anything off because people want to see that. Nobody has been able to see that since 1984 and that's a long time.

Having the run I had with the band — I'm totally happy. I'm not interested in doing VAN HALEN. I love my band. We've been together 10 years. We're awesome and we're having more fun than I've ever had playing music in my life. We're not having the success I had with VAN HALEN, but no one has that success. That was the biggest band in the world. So, unless you're VAN HALEN, U2 or LED ZEPPELIN you have to be happy going out and playing 3,000-4,000 seaters and selling them out and having a fan base that love you. The only good news to them throwing Mikey out is that he gets to play with me. He's got his own band, THE MAD ANTHONY EXPRESS. They play old VAN HALEN, ZZ TOP… and it's really good. Then I joined his band playing guitar and we do some early Sammy stuff like "This Planet's on Fire" and "Rock N Roll Weekend" and then Vic Johnson comes out and takes the guitar from me and we do the Van Hagar era — which you are NOT going to hear on this next VAN HALEN reunion tour — believe me. Dave is not going to be singing my stuff. If he could, I still don't think he would. It's not his kind of style.

Classic Rock Revisited: Is that the one downer? That all that music you created…

Sammy: Is gone? No no, it's not shameful. We had 14 number one records. They're doing the Dave thing. This is Dave's trip. Dave has got to be the happiest guy on the planet. And the Dave-era fans are probably happy too. I think that at the end of the night you're going to go, "I heard a bunch of great songs, but I wish I had heard 'Poundcake' or 'When It's Love' or 'Dreams' or 'Right Now'." You're going to miss those songs, but anyways, those are the songs we'll play with THE OTHER HALF, the Van Hagar era, that Mikey and I and Vic and my drummer play and we do a good job. When you hear my voice and Mike's singing together, Mike's bass guitar... All of that is original and when you hear that, it's going to sound a little more like the original than if Dave was trying to sing my songs, which wouldn't sound so good.

Classic Rock Revisited: Which is what you get on the "Livin' It Up in St. Louis" DVD.

Sammy: Exactly. What you see there is what we're going to do and then we take a little break and my band comes out and we finish the show out. It's like a heck of a four-ring circus. It's pretty awesome and the fact that Mike is not in the band — in a certain respect, I can go, "This is wrong," but in a selfish respect I can go, "This is awesome."

Classic Rock Revisited: For the fans, it truly is the best of both worlds.

Sammy: Yeah — B & B! That was the name of the last greatest hits record and last VAN HALEN reunion tour with me — "Best of Both Worlds" — and I think this is clearly the best of both worlds.

Read the entire interview at www.classicrockrevisited.com.
  • metrotac
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2004

Well, they ASKED HIM..

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock

I think that at the end of the night you're going to go, "I heard a bunch of great songs, but I wish I had heard 'Poundcake' or 'When It's Love' or 'Dreams' or 'Right Now'." You're going to miss those songs.
      com.[/url]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• hearboutitlater
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Apr 2004

Cute how he thinks this is just a reunion and not the future of the band... go ahead spammy, keep telling yourself whatever you need to, in one gig with dlr, van halen has made you gone the same way as atlantis...forgotten, irrelavant, and people possibly questioning your existence.

Comment

• delta5150
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2005

I'm definetely not going to miss van hagar material, how dare you, sam the whinner, compare those songs you mentioned songs to songs that changed rock n' roll history, open your fucking eyes! you opportunist

Comment

• m_dixon1984
            Foot Soldier
            • Aug 2004

Believe it or not I actually know someone who said he wouldn't buy tickets to this show because they wouldn't play Poundcake, Finish What You Started, and Right Now.

If it wasn't for the fact that this person is my boss I would have bitch slapped him.

Ordinarily, I would have properly explained the legacy that is DLR and Van Halen but I'm through trying to get through to these losers.

8 days and counting for T.O.

Roth On Mother Fuckers!!!

M
            http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Re: SAMMY HAGAR Says VAN HALEN Is 'Crazy' For Excluding MICHAEL ANTHONY

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
              I think that at the end of the night you're going to go, "I heard a bunch of great songs, but I wish I had heard 'Poundcake' or 'When It's Love' or 'Dreams' or 'Right Now'." You're going to miss those songs, but anyways,
              Ahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaa !!!!!

Not a chance you delusional fuck!

This fuck is in complete denial. Van Hagar is fuckin dead forever. Accept it !
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• General Hina
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

Well in a perfect world Eddie and Alex would have given us a real CVH reunion with MA and then after the tour they could have parted ways and introduced Wolfie on a new studio CD and tour. That would have been perfect!!!

Dave is back but Ed and Al atill don't give a fuck about the fans.

Over & Out,
                General Hina

Comment

• speedking
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hearboutitlater
                  Cute how he thinks this is just a reunion and not the future of the band...
                  You are out of your mind if you think Ed and Al think that the current band is the future.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

When the tour is over...however long that takes, Ed will go back into seclusion and then there will be a management statement that DLR has left the band.

Ed and Al fucked the fans in '96 by passing up a TRUE reunion and they did it again this year by not including Mike.

I am no fan of Sammy, but he's dead on with his observation of the current state of VH.

Comment

• Halen High
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA
                    Exactly! Hagar is delusional if he thinks CVH fans are going to miss crap like 'When It's Love' and 'Right Now'.

It's obvious from these interviews that Hagar is really hurting over this. He made plenty of money off 2004, but he hates the fact DLR is back and the Van Hagar era ended so miserably and is all but forgotten.

And he could refuse to have questions relating to the current VH tour included in any interviews. All he's doing is giving the tour more positive publicity by constantly reminding people that he and his corny songs are gone.

I don't recall Dave talking about the VH 2004 fiasco at all.

Comment

• Isaac R.
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Dec 2006

Honestly, who gives a fuck what Sammy Hagar thinks

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by speedking
                        You are out of your mind if you think Ed and Al think that the current band is the future.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

When the tour is over...however long that takes, Ed will go back into seclusion and then there will be a management statement that DLR has left the band.

Ed and Al fucked the fans in '96 by passing up a TRUE reunion and they did it again this year by not including Mike.

I am no fan of Sammy, but he's dead on with his observation of the current state of VH.
                        Dave said at the press conference there will be a new album and world tour in 2008. We all know that doesn't mean it will happen, but the intention is definately there. Dave would not have been allowed to state this at a presser with worldwide media coverage if it wasn't cool with EVH and AVH.

And Sammy is hardly 'dead on' with his views on VH 2007.

Comment

• General Hina
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                          Exactly! Hagar is delusional if he thinks CVH fans are going to miss crap like 'When It's Love' and 'Right Now'.

It's obvious from these interviews that Hagar is really hurting over this. He made plenty of money off 2004, but he hates the fact DLR is back and the Van Hagar era ended so miserably and is all but forgotten.

And he could refuse to have questions relating to the current VH tour included in any interviews. All he's doing is giving the tour more positive publicity by constantly reminding people that he and his corny songs are gone.

I don't recall Dave talking about the VH 2004 fiasco at all.

1st) Right Now is one of the greatest VH songs ever recorded. Lyrically and Musically it is just awesome.

2nd) The Sammy era ended just as miserably as the DLR era AND the 1996 Dave/VH fiasco.

3rd) I've always read and heard Sammy say that they should get back with Dave because the fans deserve it. And Sammy has said that before he was in VH he always listened to CVH on his tour bus.

Over & Out,
                          General Hina

Comment

• Hummarstra
                            Commando
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by speedking

THIS IS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

I have to agree. But, Dave deserves to retire comfortably after all he given to rock and roll. That goes for Ed and Alex, too.

Comment

• kenny8
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jul 2006

I don't hate Hagar, I just don't care about the guy like I don't care about numerous other bloated phoney rock acts.

But he can't help having a shot at Dave when he can though. "If Dave could sing his songs he wouldn't"

And his good buddy Mikey didn't spare sticking the knife into Hagar's back on the VH3 tour whenever he got the opportunity.

The thing Hagar fails to realise is that whilst his VH stuff was popular for a time, it has not aged well. Shit, disco was popular at the time too but nobody wants to hear that crap anymore either.

The disgrace that Brian May wants to foist onto people as Queen is a joke, but even he knows there's no point playing "Back Chat" or any of the stuff from that era that has dated

Comment

Working...