Thread: Dave's stage presence not impressive

juicecrell
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by blonddgirl777
    Sorry but I used to be REALLY be sexually attracted to Diamond Dave so I will certainly miss the all of athletic booty moves...

That said, it will still be an excellent show, no doubt!
    WTF is w/everybody wants DLR 1984??:confused: Let's GIVE THANKS AND PRAISE FOR THIS RE-UNION!! AND BLONDIE!! - THIS response was NOT DI-rected at your post!! BUT WTF!! LOOK OUT FOR THE NEXT TOUR GANG!! I CAN FEEL 1984 ALL OVER AGAIN!!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    only an f'n retard could say something negative about Dave on this tour. He is absolutely amazing. He's sober, singing great, getting all the lyrics rights, and fort those that care, he looks great too. But best of all, I love the sheer joy on his face. He clearly loves and appreciates this crowd and his band like maybe never before.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BrownSound1
    If people are that concerned with Dave's kicks, then perhaps they should jump up onstage and run towards him. I bet they'd find out real quick how good his kicks are.
    fucking hilarious man!!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Ellyllions
    He's just pissed off that the cool kids won't play with him.

I'll tell ya what I saw from Dave at the show...I saw a man humbled by the reception from the crowd. I saw him giggle, play, flash, kick, twirl, pose, and sing. I saw a man appreciative of the people he was on stage with.

I'm telling ya, if you're going to base your opinion on the boots you're missing the whole experience. There's more to this show than just the sound.
    +1 on that one! Dave has plenty of stage presence, trust me...
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Purely based on the many current youtube videos and my old boots, my take is this:

The long hair in the vintage videos contributed to making dave look more active somewhat. A constant extra motion around his head if you will.

Currently Dave no longer appears to run at all, he just walks. That's making a big difference in the perceived energy for me. The way he's walking it definitely looks like he has back issues. Unless he's putting on a special "stage walk" as part of his act, I've never seen him have that walk before, it's almost a bit like a seasoned horse rider, slight bowed legs and all.

He's singing better than ever. Live that is. He's coming damned close to the original studio recordings, and far exceeding any previous live singing ability.

Last point, there is one other reference for a great frontman in his 50's who still has lots of energy plus as strong a vocal ability and range as ever. Paul Stanley.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Smile

Originally posted by samplehead

[Paul Stanley. [/B]
    FORTUNATELY YOU DIDNT SAY "GENE SIMMONS"... CVH RULEZ!!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    x
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 10-05-2007 at 02:43 AM.
    Beware of Dog

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry but I used to be REALLY be sexually attracted to Diamond Dave so I will certainly miss the all of athletic booty moves...

That said, it will still be an excellent show, no doubt!
    So the Yankee Rose video probably got you hot!

I bet you laughed even more when you found out Dave chose a bag of cocaine over your hot friend? If you weren't in there getting any well then, she shouldn't either!
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by naturochem
    You certainly ought to bust a nut at the current tour then!

The US Fest was the absolute worst I've ever seen the band -- my ipod stuck in a coffee can sounds better than the lame ass sound rig they had at Glen Helen!!

I have to admit tho'...it was still quite the fuckin' experience!!!
    What sound system ,I was smashed up against the stage and could have heard Dave without a microphone .
    When he told that dude he would come down there and fuck his girlfreind Dave was only about ten feet away from where I was barely standing.

Waylon F'N Jennings
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stage presence is about more than stage moves.

Dave owns the stage. Most of the Youtube videos I've seen have been following Dave.

Roger Daltrey never moved that much, but the stage was his. Look at a guy like Ronnie Van Zant. He NEVER did anything athletic, but he still controlled and owned the stage.

Dave is more concerned with his SOUND, I think, but he still owns the stage. Being in Australia, I might not get to see these guys, but I can tell from the videos that Dave has each crowd in the palm of his hand.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    So the Yankee Rose video probably got you hot!

I bet you laughed even more when you found out Dave chose a bag of cocaine over your hot friend? If you weren't in there getting any well then, she shouldn't either!
    I was too young when that happened... (1981 or so)...
    Plus, I wouldn't have been a good idea to have such a man as my very FIRST one!
    :eek:
    Ouch!
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
    Originally posted by VanHalener
    ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
    Originally posted by FORD
    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by jharp84
    WTF is w/everybody wants DLR 1984??:confused:...
    Personally, I'm just being nostalgic... that's all.

I was answering Frankster's post that stated that D.L.R. was and still his the only one with such great stage presence...
    Well... reality check; he is not the only one who can totally lift a crowd "past and present"....
    Seriously, as much as we love Diamond Dave... we still have to look outside the box!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Haven't seen any shows live on this tour BUT, the new 10/3 philly youtubes look like they ALL are finding their groove and clicking better and better again. Dress rehearsal ain't the same as live, esp with 20+ years in between. The Police admittedly weren't thrilled with their performance the first few shows and got better and better as the tour went on. Yeah, I know, VH isn't the Police...blah blah.

DLR pickin up steam night after night. You blaze the guns night one, you'll fall over after 3 shows. It's a long tour people, those in panic mode need to watch the new videos. This isn't like seeing the hot chick you used to bang in HS at the 25 year reunion all fat. It's Van Halen and they are kickin major ass.

DISCLAIMER: All complaints must be submitted in writing and those who do will be sentenced to seeing The Wiggles Tour front row.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The shows will get better as the tour goes on. Good thing I am going to the LA show!
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave has obviously been working on his (tremendous) ego: he's kept relatively humble on stage since the start of the Tour, as he appeared during the LA press conference - his huge ego... one of those constitutive aspects of his personality that make us dig his stuff so much -, which applies to his moves, in addition to the addition of years. I find his kind of restraint rather surprising, but as long as it can ensure the durability of the reunion!
    Well, it looks a bit odd not to see him jump and flip around like he used to do, but he apparently does other stuff, including concentrating on singing his lyrics like he's never really done before, and he'll probably let more go as the tour unfolds...
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

SELF-PROCLAIMED DIAMOND!
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Dave's stage presence not impressive

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
    Watching all of these youtube videos of the tour I have been a little disappointed by Dave's stage presence. Obviously he can't do his wild kicks and jumps like he used to, but that doesn't mean he has to stand in one place like an immovable object. I get the impression Dave is nervous about performing for such large crowds again and is perhaps at a loss for what to do without his jumps so he is just standing around in the same place a lot as a result. Anyone agree?
    I think it might have something to do with the fact that he's not coming out on stage with half a bottle of Jack in him and a joint or two as well. The fact that he's nearly twice his age when he was doing those kicks and acrobatics is also something to take into consideration. You ain't gonna see him arching his back like on the back cover of the first VH album anymore either.
    http://www.wizzkidd.com/dlr-army/backstagepass.jpg
    <font face="arial; verdana" size="2" color="000000"><b><i>The good ol' daze!</i></b></font>

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by wizzkidder
    You ain't gonna see him arching his back like on the back cover of the first VH album anymore either.
    i didnt ever think i would see him do that, i seen him on the dipshit and dave tour up in peoria and he grabbed the mike stand and damn near bent in half singing the atomic punk, it looked cool as hell.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by vh rides again
    i didnt ever think i would see him do that, i seen him on the dipshit and dave tour up in peoria and he grabbed the mike stand and damn near bent in half singing the atomic punk, it looked cool as hell.
    I'll bet that ruined a lot of panties.

We love bendy men.
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ... We love bendy men.
    Nhaaa.... do we?

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bad singing?

Think again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LxGsmjPTRY

smoker of fat joints
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DLR is the motherfucking man no matter what in my book, but I agree it aint 83 anymore as much as we might like it to be . From what I have seen thus far on youtube etc I am extremely thrilled with the way the show looks . There were very few front men in rock history that could hold a candle to this guy and now he is singing better to boot . I saw him in Tampa solo a few years back and he was a little bit over weight and just coming off knee surgery but still went out and put on a good show . To say he lacks presence seems inaccurate judging by the killer reception the crowd is giving him .

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll bet that ruined a lot of panties.

We love bendy men.
    No shit!!

Look at this fuckin' hottie:

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Casemeister
    Stage presence is about more than stage moves.

Dave owns the stage. Most of the Youtube videos I've seen have been following Dave.

Roger Daltrey never moved that much, but the stage was his. Look at a guy like Ronnie Van Zant. He NEVER did anything athletic, but he still controlled and owned the stage.

Dave is more concerned with his SOUND, I think, but he still owns the stage. Being in Australia, I might not get to see these guys, but I can tell from the videos that Dave has each crowd in the palm of his hand.

I never see anything about Bon Scott here .
    I would say he could have given Dave a run for his money if he would
    have lived a little longer .
    I like Robert Plant as best singer
    Dave as all time best front man and if VH had not imploded in 85
    Dave might have surpassed Plant .
    He was definatly more exciting .
    What if Ed got as animated as Angus ?
    Ed is the superior player ,but Angus never stops head banging ,even between songs.
    Imagine a show with both VH and AC/DC ,with origanal members all 30 years younger.
    That would be a show.

BTW I want to get on the I don't care if Dave come strolling out on a rascal if he can still sing ,who cares bandwagon.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 10-06-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Banned
    S'TAN

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Let DICK figure that out...LMAO @ the incompetency!
    Status
    Well, it's blatantly obvious that Dave was given a good "talking to" (and no, not by Delbert Grady) by the Van Halen brothers. They have made it clear for the last 25 years that they hated Dave's over the top circus like stage behavior; hell, up until Dave's last solo shows he was still acting like the Dave of old. He didn't just all of the sudden decide to turn into Mr. Paul Anka because his back or knee suddenly bothered him; this is nearly an about-face. He was clearly told to "tone it down." EVH is a control freak if you haven't noticed.

However...this isn't necessarily THAT bad of a thing. He's definitely singing MUCH better than anyone thought possible given his later live performances. He's even attempting to scream...and some sound great. Another notable positive is that Dave definitely looks more masculine.

BTW...what happened to his thick, massive 70's chest mane? I wonder if Ed shaves his chest for him...

LOL
    Last edited by SATAN BUSH; 10-06-2007 at 02:24 AM.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Dave's stage presence not impressive

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
    Watching all of these youtube videos of the tour I have been a little disappointed by Dave's stage presence. Obviously he can't do his wild kicks and jumps like he used to, but that doesn't mean he has to stand in one place like an immovable object. I get the impression Dave is nervous about performing for such large crowds again and is perhaps at a loss for what to do without his jumps so he is just standing around in the same place a lot as a result. Anyone agree?
    Dave isn't fucking 27 anymore!

fuck...

What do you expect from a guy in his early 50's... BRUCE FUCKING LEE???

I m 30 and I don't even think I could do one fucking kick onstage!!!

I'll tell you thing... the intensity is still fucking there... you don't have to fucking jump 40 feet in the air to have stage presence... Frank Sinatra had stage presence in his 60's... and he was fuckin' glued to the fucking floor....

Dave doesn't have stage presence!?!?!

I bet he still hs a message for your girlfriend!!!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This thread has no merit after last night. Dave has a much stage presence as Mick Jagger. The man was amazing at Mohegan.

The kicks, everything- it was there!!!!!!!!
    "Can't you hear Jamies cryin? Shes runnin with the Devil oh nooooo!!! oh no!

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    . Hey BG777,

I woudn't even KNow who this ''singer of depeche mode is'' sorry I can't remember is name already, if he would sit next to me at a restaurant...i don't know what he looks like...

I know what you mean, depeche mode is big, but I don't think he qualifies as THE ultimate entertainer , for boys and girls...

sorry, but any of my friends don't even know is name, it is simply not comparable..

Last edited by franksters; 10-06-2007 at 08:09 AM.

SUMMER'S JUST
    AROUND
    THE CORNER!

[IMG]
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I never see anything about Bon Scott here .
    I would say he could have given Dave a run for his money if he would
    have lived a little longer .
    Run for his money?

What the fuck does that even mean?

Were they scheduled to appear together in the Lead Singer Olympics?

Dave might have surpassed Plant .
    He was definatly more exciting .
    What if Ed got as animated as Angus ?
    Ed is the superior player ,but Angus never stops head banging ,even between songs.
    What if spED got as animated as Angus?

What kind of moronic simpleton are you?

Wow. Head banging even between songs? Your insights are incredible. Do you write for Rolling Stone too?

Imagine a show with both VH and AC/DC ,with origanal members all 30 years younger.
    That would be a show.

Wow, just imagine......

With the origanal members no less...

Tell me the truth. Your mental development pretty much dried up around 14-15 years of age, no?

Jesus Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

what day is it for real
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You could have offered vitamins or something Lounge...

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed told Dave to tone it down...i dont think so....if anything Dave told Ed clean yourself up Bitch, or this Tour with your kid aint happening...and guess what....

juicecrell
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by chi-town324
    Ed told Dave to tone it down...i dont think so....if anything Dave told Ed clean yourself up Bitch, or this Tour with your kid aint happening...and guess what....
    Have a drink on me!!

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by franksters
    . Hey BG777,

I woudn't even KNow who this ''singer of depeche mode is'' sorry I can't remember is name already, if he would sit next to me at a restaurant...i don't know what he looks like...

I know what you mean, depeche mode is big, but I don't think he qualifies as THE ultimate entertainer , for boys and girls...

sorry, but any of my friends don't even know is name, it is simply not comparable..
    ANY of your friends?
    Think again...
    And I'm not talking just girls...

So if you don't know him and haven't seen a show... how can you possibly say that "it's not comparable..."???

And that's only to name one...
    Again... think outside of the box!
    Don't forget... as much as you and I love CVH... there still are "some" people that have different tastes and don't give a shit about them out there!
    (Some, very close to you as well)...

Now let's do this; next party... we'll survey!
    Last edited by blonddgirl777; 10-07-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The first bootleg sounds pretty dam good!
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

juicecrell
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dEPECHE mODE! One of Axl's faves I believe! Not that it matters anyway! Fuck I love missing persons/early duran duran/ jazz/ juliana hatfield/ regggae all kinds of shit! Except URBAN V IOLENT Hip/HOP/RAP! And don't call me racist- many friends of diff. backgrounds- had vinyl of rap 1989 or so generation started in music with beatles, r&B - "never can goodbye" had the 45, commodres(spelled it wrong), etc.,. then went on to diff - VH/ACDC, ZEP

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Blonddgirl777:

I am very bored at work (I never work Sunday's)

Please entertain me...lol.

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
    Blonddgirl777:

I am very bored at work (I never work Sunday's)

Please entertain me...lol.
    Being entertained at work?
    That's the kind of job I want!

There you go (my husband is taking a nap with the baby)...

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Being entertained at work?
    That's the kind of job I want!

There you go (my husband is taking a nap with the baby)...
    Nice!!!

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm working today so I can leave early for the 10/24 Minneapolis VH show!! I have the 25th off too...lol. I plan on having a few drinks!

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by jharp84
    dEPECHE mODE! One of Axl's faves I believe!...
    Definetely a women and gay men's fantasy...
    DAMN!
    The ass on that signer... he sure knows how to work it!
    Always and STILL to this day...

Besides the sexual attraction, I know of many straight men that just love the music and going to a show.

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
    I'm working today so I can leave early for the 10/24 Minneapolis VH show!!
    How can an employer refuse an early leave for such an important cause! :p
    It would be abuse of power!

Thread Information