X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Charlottesville 5/2 Meetup Review Thread

New date announced....

VA
    Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 03-18-2008, 01:29 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

This is unreal! Classic VH in Charlottesville! Thomas Jefferson should be proud!
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

Really wondering a bit if this show is gonna happen..I have held off on getting tix but still lokks like plenty are available..
      This show is between Ft. Lauderdale on 2/20 and Duluth,Ga. 2/25....pretty good distance to move and set-up a show for less than a sell-out..

Comment

FUCK AN A RIGHT, BABY!

I don't have a ticket.......yet.

I'll be loading the Durango and headed for the show. Road trip anyone?

Last edited by VanHalener; 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM.
        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

Once again VanHalenette and I are opening our home to any of you Rothtards who need a place to hang, party, BBQ, sleep, etc...before and/or after these east coast shows.

Peace

Comment

Sticky, T minus one week....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Sticky, T minus one week....

Comment

Make sure you read the update at the bottom.....

11:49 am February 20th 2008
                Van Halen tickets still available
                by Lindsay Barnes

Two days away from the Charlottesville show, Van Halen has still not sold out the house at John Paul Jones Arena. A JPJ official concedes that the facility expects a crowd of “upwards of 12,000-13,000,” well short of the venue’s capacity of 16,000. Indeed, the Hook’s own attempt at purchasing tickets through the JPJ website this morning reveals that there are still seats available at all price levels, which climb from $61.55 in the nosebleeds to $170.10 for a seat in range of getting splattered by sweat from David Lee Roth.

This non-sellout represents something of an anomaly for the reunited rockers, as they have been filling arenas across the country and were the fifth-highest grossing tour of 2007 behind only the likes of Justin Timberlake (who also failed to sell out his JPJ show) and the Police (which sold out its JPJ gig at the last minute).

This lack of a clamor for Van Halen tickets comes just on the heels of Blue Man Group’s JPJ performance this past weekend, at which one Hook reporter observed whole sections of both floor and bowl seating to be almost completely empty.

These two developments mark a continuation of a trend the Hook reported on in October of big name national acts like Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart, James Taylor, and Billy Joel coming to the new arena and not being able to fill the house, the largest in the state. However, unlike some of the above, Van Halen is not playing in the D.C. or Tidewater area immediately before or after their Charlottesville date, thus not siphoning off potential concert-goers from those parts of the state.

To date, the only acts to sell out the entire arena in the “The Jack’s” short history are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Clapton, the Police, George Strait, Kenny Chesney, the touring production of Disney’s High School Musical, the back-to-back shows by Dave Matthews Band.

2:00pm update: A source with knowledge of the arena alleges that the configured capacity for the Van Halen show is in he neighborhood of 13,000, of which fewer than 1,000 seats are available. The initial post had reported a greater capacity.

Comment

This sucks!!!!!!!!

We've got a semi icy situation here in northern Va and they say it's gonna last 'till late tonight.

Right now the roads are not bad, but do I risk the 2 hour drive to try to get a scalped ticket at the show tonight?

Sonofanitch!

Don't know what I should do?

FAAAAAK!
                  Last edited by VanHalener; 02-22-2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

This non-sellout represents something of an anomaly for the reunited rockers, as they have been filling arenas across the country and were the fifth-highest grossing tour of 2007
                    Well of coarse! they've played this area already!

Comment

Originally posted by VanHalener
                      This sucks!!!!!!!!

Sonofanitch!

Don't know what I should do?

FAAAAAK!
                      Snowshoes ... tire chains?

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                        But what about the scalper?

Comment

VH SHOW POSTPONED

John Paul Jones Arena is Charlottesville's premier entertainment venue and the home of UVA Men's & Women's Basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                            DT, all the way bitches!

Thank God for rescheduling!

Van Halen in Virginia...?

Whatever you need gentlemen, I am at your service.

Nobody knows this joker like I do.

OW!!! AND ALL THE BEST......
                            Last edited by VanHalener; 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Sorry guys, here's an article...

I think Eddie is in trouble. He fell over at the end of his solo in Lauderdale, and by the end of the show he was so frustrated that he punched his amp.

[LINK]

Tonight's Van Halen concert postponed
                              Staff reports

The Van Halen concert scheduled for tonight at Charlottesville's John Paul Jones Arena has been postponed, according to a statement on the arena's Web site.

The statement said that the concert will be rescheduled, and the new date will be announced shortly.

Tickets for tonight's show will be honored for the rescheduled event, according to the arena's Web site. Ticket refunds will be available at the original point of purchase.

More information about a rescheduled date and time can be found at www.van-halen.com and www.johnpauljonesarena.com.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X