• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by MAX
    Unfortunately, they're still losing.
    That's cause they are not playing the Marlins.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Believe it or not, the Marlins currently have a better record. The thing is, the Sox are hitting pretty well, it's their pitching that is getting them in trouble.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

The Marlins are doin' ok, I thought?? Don't pay a shitload of attention to the NL. Your Cards are doing well. They're your team right?
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by MAX
          The Marlins are doin' ok, I thought?? Don't pay a shitload of attention to the NL. Your Cards are doing well. They're your team right?
          Yeah they beat the Marlins last night lol. I don't think that will happen again tonight. Marlins are good.

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Yeah they beat the Marlins last night lol. I don't think that will happen again tonight. Marlins are good.
            K, I just looked...

You guys are in 1st within your division and they're in 2nd within theirs.

That's cool for both Craig and yourself. I'm happy for you guys.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Craig a cards fan?

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

MAX, do you think the Sox can right the ship with a few trades before the late July deadline?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Honestly, I don't see what would/could be any decent trades at this poit? Papi's adjusting and no longer clogging up the lineup. Lowell might opt to go somewhere where he could get more ballplay. Papelbon's going to be on the open market and he's a definite possiblity cos Bard's waiting in the wings but I fucking hope he goes nowhere cos he's my fave playah on The Sox. Beckett's struggling but and unfortunately, Theo just extended and signed him to a huge and multi-year deal.

I seriously don't see where we can move anyone?
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Craig a cards fan?
                    To tell you the truth, long before we had the Marlins, we had the Cubs, at least when cable tv and WGN became available here in 1982. Before that we had Yankees games, once a week. Seeing Chicago, Harry Cary and Steve Stone everyday after work became a ritual for many South Floridians.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                      Honestly, I don't see what would/could be any decent trades at this poit? Papi's adjusting and no longer clogging up the lineup. Lowell might opt to go somewhere where he could get more ballplay. Papelbon's going to be on the open market and he's a definite possiblity cos Bard's waiting in the wings but I fucking hope he goes nowhere cos he's my fave playah on The Sox. Beckett's struggling but and unfortunately, Theo just extended and signed him to a huge and multi-year deal.

I seriously don't see where we can move anyone?
                      Yeah, I hear ya. I was really surprised at the commentary by some Sox fans had for Epstein, particularly after the guy essentially brought the team it's championships. It really seemed unfair, but I guess people feel they have to blame somebody. The thing is, he isn't blowing saves or fielding poorly, and if anyone can figure a way out of this mess, he'd be the guy.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Craig, it's so funny tou mention the old WGN cable TV days cos that's why (well, MJ had something to do with it as well ) I was such a huge Bulls fan in the 80's. lol Of course, we have the SPAZZ but I've just never rooted for 'em. Mainly cos I think our local fans are by far some of the biggest crybaby, poor sports around. Well, next to Wolfie within these forums but that's neither here nor there. lol

Seriously, attending any SPAZZ game, you're almost 100% guaranteed of getting into some sort of an altercation. Maybe it's cos they're all Mormon, concealing their beer drinking or they're too high on sugar? Dunno?
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Yeah, I hear ya. I was really surprised at the commentary by some Sox fans had for Epstein, particularly after the guy essentially brought the team it's championships. It really seemed unfair, but I guess people feel they have to blame somebody. The thing is, he isn't blowing saves or fielding poorly, and if anyone can figure a way out of this mess, he'd be the guy.
                            Personally, I tend to side with the nation... I don't much care for Theo cos I think he's made some dumb decisions. Letting go of Bay was fucking uncalled for and completely unnecessary. IMO He also passed on Damon this year and we could've gotten him back for virtually nothin'.
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Sweet. The Spanks lost the subway series and both ESPN and MLB Network are referring to the Sox as "surging" after they whooped Halladay and The Phillies (well, 2 -1) the last two games of the series. Watched the Mets/Spanks last night and it broke my heart watching Bay hit two hr's all whilst being pissed we let him go.

Dan's White Sox got killed yesterday by like 13 - 0!!! LMAO!!!
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                                Sweet. The Spanks lost the subway series and both ESPN and MLB Network are referring to the Sox as "surging" after they whooped Halladay and The Phillies (well, 2 -1) the last two games of the series. Watched the Mets/Spanks last night and it broke my heart watching Bay hit two hr's all whilst being pissed we let him go.

Dan's White Sox got killed yesterday by like 13 - 0!!! LMAO!!!
                                Uh oh. Now the Red Sux fans are coming out of the woodwork.

Thanks for watching. Sorry that we don't watch your games.
                                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...