Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I have to believe that it has...although maybe not.

It's not like there was any player movement prior to say...1975 or so....
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Hmmm...and just like that...we have a fucking game...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Fuck Cliff Lee!

His Championship will have to wait until next year, when he's a YANKEE!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Fuck Cliff Lee!

His Championship will have to wait until next year, when he's a YANKEE!
          Yawn...

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            Yawn...
            Go to bed Poji.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Why the fuck does the text in my posts show up at the top of the window if I just reply, but at the bottom of my window if it is a reply with a quote? That stupid fucking Jizzro really fucked this place up.I hope he's dead.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Go to bed Poji.
                Ah VonPa...I'm still a young whippersnapper...I got hours left in the tank...

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bob_R
                  Do you guys know that Bengie Molina, Texas Rangers catcher who was acquired from the San Francisco Giants on July 1st, gets a ring no matter who wins the series.

I wonder if that's ever happened before?
                  Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  I have to believe that it has...although maybe not.

It's not like there was any player movement prior to say...1975 or so....
                  Found the answer to this.

Lonnie Smith is the only other player. Traded by St. Louis to Kansas City on May 17, 1985.
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The way SF has handled Texas and the fact that SF has handed Halladay, Oswalt, and Lee their first career postseason losses, I can't see the Giants not winning the series.
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

I dunno...people keep yacking about Lee getting roughed up in the first game, but seem to overlook that Lincecum pretty much got shelled and committed some fairly dubious fielding errors. The Rangers pitching was horrible in the late innings last evening, but to me that comes down to managerial error in the placement of personnel on the mound more than human error or fatigue on the pitcher's behalf. And remember, this post season has seen the unprecedented anomaly of the road team doing better than the home team, so you'd think the Rangers would have done much better. Perhaps a return to home turf will even things up, yet at this point, it's sort of hard to imagine Texas winning 4 of the next 5 games, let alone 3 straight at home.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Fuck the rump Rangers. Texas has bitched up. It's over. Lee will be a champion next year, in a YANKEE uniform!

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

World Series TV Ratings drop 26% through first 2 games

The 2010 World Series between the San Francisco Giants and Texas Rangers continues to deliver solid, if unspectacular, TV ratings for Fox Sports.

Through 2 games, Fox's World Series coverage is averaging an 8.7 rating, down 26% from the first 2 games of the New York Yankees-Philadelphia Phillies last year, but up 1% from Phillies-Tampa Bay Rays in 2008, says Fox spokesman Dan Bell.

The Giants' 9-0 victory in Thursday's Game 2 to take a 2-0 Series lead averaged an 8.5 TV rating and 14.1 million viewers. That's down 27% from last year's Game 2. But up 5% from Game 2 of Phillies-Rays, the lowest-rated Fall Classic.

The San Francisco market again led all major U.S. TV markets for Game 2, pulling a 36.4 rating, while the telecast drew a 30.9 rating in Dallas. Fox starts its coverage of Saturday night's Game 3 at 6:30 PM, the earliest starting time for a World Series telecast since 1987.

MLB commissioner Bud Selig told Sirius XM Radio's Chris "Mad Dog" Russo Thursday that Giants-Rangers will draw "great ratings" if it can build to a competitive 5-game, 6-game, or ideally, 7-game series.

"I have to tell you, the Giants and the Rangers are a great story," Selig said.

But Fox's World Series TV numbers are not out of the woods yet. Sunday's Game 4 and, if necessary, Monday's Game 5, will have to compete for viewers with NBC's Sunday Night Football and ESPN's Monday Night Football.

The NFL has been crushing its TV competition all season. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made clear this year his league would not step aside this Sunday night.

"We had obligations to NBC from a programming standpoint, and we felt it was best to continue on with that great franchise every night of the season and allow the consumer to be able to choose whether they want to watch Sunday Night Football or the World Series," Goodell said.

--Michael McCarthy

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Sorry Rump Rangers. Cliff Lee should have been a Yankee THIS year! Ha ha! His ring will have to wait until next year, when he IS a Yankee!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Here's the best the Pirate fans get every year:

Congrats to Freddy Sanchez and Javier Lopez for winning the World Series....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2010

Congrats to the S. F. Giants and major kudos to Edgar Renteria ! Renteria's a wonderful baseball player and a bit of a good luck charm

as he has been involved with at least 3 ( ! ) recent World Series teams . I can attest to this because he was all too briefly a most wonderful

Cardinal . Thanx to the Giants for bringing it back to the N.L. !

Comment

Working...