Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 2010-2011 College Football Gameday--The Bowl Games - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010-2011 College Football Gameday--The Bowl Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, ND is a nostalgia act........they command top dollar for TV coverage or at the very least they warrant coverage but in reality their "popularity" is built upon the past, not the present.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by kwame k View Post
      Really, ND is a nostalgia act........they command top dollar for TV coverage or at the very least they warrant coverage but in reality their "popularity" is built upon the past, not the present.
      Their popularity is built on a powerful and rich alumni...that will watch Notre Dame if they went 0-12 every year...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Also agreed...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

That stat is bullshit. The WolverQueens padded their stats against inferior opponents. Their cuntference only had 3 teams above .500 during the whole Blo Shitbechler era. Fuck the WolverQueens. I despise them.

Comment

Yo VonPa...what conference did you follow growing up? SWC or Big 8...I know it's one or the other...but I can't remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
              That stat is bullshit. The WolverQueens padded their stats against inferior opponents. Their cuntference only had 3 teams above .500 during the whole Blo Shitbechler era. Fuck the WolverQueens. I despise them.
              They helped define that era.....you could pick apart a few Championships from a bygone era in that respect but a win is a win, I guess.
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Brethren and Sistren,

ND was #1 in winning percentage until Bob Davie took over, and/or I think Michigan overtook ND in winning percentage sometime during one of Willingham's seasons. They haven't been #2 in terms of straight up win-loss for some time now.

Hopefully, BK can get them to 9 win seasons or better, which will get them back to the top of the winning percentage heap. It will take a half dozen bad years of Texas football or so to get back to #2 for win-loss, and Michigan would have to lose a lot of games (and ND win) to catch up to Michigan.

Yes there's nostalgia and old glories, I don't think anyone would argue with that. Just look at the pathetic W-L the past 15 years, despite some BCS bowls in which they were blown out by the likes of Oregon State and OSU.

But look at that list... I think every team on that list has rabid fans and a large contingent of haters. And what's the one thing in common? Winning programs (overall). USC sucked ass for most of the 80s and 90s. The Tide had its problems. Texas/Nebraska/Penn Staate? Those Big 12 cockbones are lucky to even be in the conversation with programs like ND, Michigan, USC, Alabama, OSU... from 1969-70 to 2005 Texas didn't do shit other than some Big 12 championships. ND championship drought has been since 1988, 22 years. Too damn long, but a lot of teams on this list have had their droughts.

Rank Team Won Lost Tied Games W%
                1 Michigan 877 302 36 1215 0.736 (11 - Last in 1997/split and before that? 1948)
                2 Texas 845 318 33 1196 0.720 (4 - Last in 2005 and before that? 1969/70)
                3 ND 837 290 42 1169 0.734 (11 - Last in 1988 - 22 year drought)
                4 Nebraska 827 341 40 1208 0.701 (5 - Last in 1997/split)
                5 Ohio State 819 308 53 1180 0.717 (7 - Last in 2002 and before that? 1970)
                6 Penn State 811 351 42 1204 0.691 (2 - Last in 1986)
                7 Oklahoma 799 302 53 1154 0.715 (7 - Last in 2000)
                8 Alabama 792 316 43 1151 0.707 (13 - Last in 2010 - I won't debate the 5 or so they claim from the "pre-modern" era)
                9 Tennessee 783 333 53 1169 0.692 (6 - Last in 1998 and before that? 1951)
                10 USC 775 307 54 1136 0.706 (11 - Last in 2004 and before the 2003 championship, the last was 1978 and I won't debate the Reggie Bush/Carroll cheating)

It's easy to condemn ND mainly because a lot of Irish fans are d-bags and obnoxiously fanatical. Can't argue that. But... what team on this list DOESN'T have a large contingent of D-bag fans? I still think UM and OSU have the worst with USC coming in third, but that's just my midwest bias.

GO IRISH! (barely squeaked out a win against lowly Pitt)

Icon©®™
                An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

I definitely agree that my Buckeyes have more douchebag fans than naught. I can't tell you how many times I've been at the Shoe and wanted to faceplant a Buckeye fan for acting like a fucking douchebag...

Comment

Big 8 Poji.

Comment

The strangest people on Planet fucking Earth are the SEC nut-huggers. They make the most retarded of Michigan fans look resonable.

Comment

Week 7

1 Ohio State (34)
                        2 Oregon (15)
                        3 Boise State (8)
                        4 TCU (1) 6-0
                        5 Nebraska 5-0
                        6 Oklahoma (2)
                        7 Auburn
                        8 Alabama 5-1
                        9 LSU 6-0
                        10 South Carolina
                        11 Utah
                        12 Arkansas
                        13 Michigan State
                        14 Stanford
                        15 Iowa
                        16 Florida State
                        17 Arizona
                        18 Wisconsin
                        19 Nevada
                        20 Oklahoma State
                        21 Missouri
                        22 Florida
                        23 Air Force
                        24 Oregon State
                        25 West Virginia

Comment

Oregon , Boise St., and Oklahoma are waaay over-rated.

Comment

Yeah, it's funny how the mighty have fallen......If I remember correctly, Michigan has the most all-time wins of any college.........not if they keep this shit up!
                            Oh that was a great game! MSU has whipped U of M's sorry asses 4 years straight! FUCK YEAH! I see them winning a Big Ten Champion this year if they beat Iowa two weeks from now.

MSU------> <--------U of M

Comment

well, to mark my return from a self-imposed exile, let me restart my little experiment from last season. look at the national title picture based on who is "mathematically" still alive.

the formula is simple: if you are in a BCS conference, you are still alive until you pick up your 2nd loss. if you are in a "non-AQ" conference, you have to stay undefeated. if you are in the SEC, you need three losses to be officially eliminated (this is required due to 2007, where LSU won the title with 2 losses).

so, here's this week's list, with 24 teams still in the hunt, down from 31 (Michigan, Nevada, Syracuse, Florida, Ole Miss, NCSU, Maryland out)

SEC (6): 0 losses - Auburn, LSU; 1 loss - Alabama; 2 losses - South Carolina, Arkansas, Miss St
                              Big Ten (5): 0 losses - Michigan St; 1 loss - Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio St, Northwestern
                              Pac 10 (3): 0 losses - Oregon; 1 loss - Arizona, Stanford
                              Big 12 (5): 0 losses - Oklahoma, Okla St, Missouri; 1 loss - Kansas St, Nebraska
                              ACC (1): 0 losses - none; 1 loss - Florida St
                              Big East (1): 0 losses - none; 1 loss - WVU
                              Mountain West (2): 0 losses - TCU, Utah
                              WAC (1): 0 losses - Boise St
                              MAC (0): 0 losses - none
                              Conf USA (0): 0 losses - none
                              Sun Belt (0): 0 losses - none

of course, I'd bet my son's left nut that Northwestern and Mississippi St won't be the title game matchup, but that's not the point.

this year, yet again, I think this demonstrates how much the ACC and Big East are struggling of late. I wouldn't go so far as to say the Mountain West is stronger (the MWC might be better up top, but it can't touch the ACC with its mid-level depth).

but it's a shame to think of the quality teams that won't make a BCS bowl, just so West Virginia can get its automatic berth....
                              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

some great games yesterday. I was surprised that LSU kept it so close, but Auburn pulls away. they're the new #1, but I still think they are a flawed team. (maybe I still can't get over the fact that they should've lost to Clemson. I mean, Clemson? really?)

Wisconsin/Iowa was an epic battle. Hawkeyes burned AGAIN by a missed PAT. plus, it was too bad that Les Miles showed up to coach Iowa on that last drive. they had JUST called a timeout before the 4th down sneak. it's not too friggin hard to figure out what to do after that play.

Mizzou might be for real after all....who woulda thunk it?
                                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X