X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    I don't think Michael Anthony played on VHIII...
    who cares anyway...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      who cares anyway...
      No one really. Even if Mike didn't play on it & doesn't get any cut of the royalties...who cares? What royalties? It's not like it ever flew off the shelves.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• moose
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
        I didn't know they made 11 albums.
        Nope VAN HALEN only recorded 6 ALBUMS

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by moose
          Nope VAN HALEN only recorded 6 ALBUMS

Comment

• ppg960
            Sniper
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
            I don't think Michael Anthony played on VHIII...
            I think Ed did the bass-no big deal as MA didn't miss much-that album sucked balls anyway.

Originally posted by sadaist
            No one really. Even if Mike didn't play on it & doesn't get any cut of the royalties...who cares? What royalties? It's not like it ever flew off the shelves.
            He was a hired gun on the 2004 Reunion Tour as well. Made very little from what I hear.
            I'd love to hear what happened between the VH sisters and MA

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ppg960
              I think Ed did the bass-no big deal as MA didn't miss much-that album sucked balls anyway.

He was a hired gun on the 2004 Reunion Tour as well. Made very little from what I hear.
              I'd love to hear what happened between the VH sisters and MA
              Would tend to think it's not really much more than we've been able to suss out already:

Mike got tired of sitting around waiting for something to happen, decided to jam with Hagar onstage when the opportunity presented itself.

Ed used this as an opportunity to dump him and get Wolfgang in the band.

Essentially, after 30 years together, Biff Malibu and the Van Halens just plain got tired of each other.

I mean, considering Anthony was basically a hired gun on the 2004 tour for what was reportedly a smaller percentage than the Van Halens, why would he even WANT to come back into the band now if financially the same situation were to exist?
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

One more thing I wanted to mention:

It's crystal clear, to me anyway, judging by MA's body language, that he would jump at the chance to rejoin VH, if and when that ever would happen....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

even hagar the horrible called TAFKAB thie "spineless wonder" in his never released auto-biography...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    Sad part is that's pretty close to what the actual interview was.

Anthony had nothing of consequence to say regarding any of the biz as to why he isn't in VH.
                    Looking at the way it played out... Mike's probably just as informed as all of us as to why he isn't in VH.

"Ed did it."

In 2004 Ed wanted Mike out for no apparent reason. So to play on that BOBW tour Mike had to sign away his rights to the Van Halen name, logo's and trademarks. Just like Dave, Spammy and Cherone did previously. Just like those three... Mike did retain his full publishing and royalty rights. Although in Cherone's case his annual royalty income wouldn't buy him a cup of coffee today...

So Mike became a "contract" player back then. Just like Dave is or could be was now... who the fuck knows? Ed... again...

Then in late 2006 or early 2007... Mike along with all of us learned he'd been replaced by Ed's fat brat via the internet. Again for no rational reason.

The only place an explaination for Mike's booting from VH rests is in the minds of two Dutch Pricks, who between the two of them couldn't produce a beer-fart in whirl wind even if they tried today...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by JOETHUNDER,LP!!
                      I never cared for "mikey". He's a little bitch
                      Which one...the dork on American Chopper, the chubby guy that used to be in VH or the kid from the LIFE cereal commercial?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        One more thing I wanted to mention:

It's crystal clear, to me anyway, judging by MA's body language, that he would jump at the chance to rejoin VH, if and when that ever would happen....
                        You may well be right...although I'm not sure what that would say about him...I suppose it really would confirm he was spineless...I mean, fuck, the dude stood by the Van Halens through one bad career move after the next and they end up dumping him. Not dumping him so they could get a bass player with better abilities in either the technical or songwriting departments, mind you, but dumping him to bring in a 16 year-old kid. Now, fair enough, Anthony may have stuck around because it wasn't like he had a slew of major labels prodding him to leave the band and start a highly prolific solo career ("Biff Malibu/Songs in the key of E"), but he basically got fuck all for his loyalty in the end. A member of the only Van Halen lineup that ever mattered, and by 2004 he is reduced to a contract player forced to sign away his rights...the baffling part is he actually did it...while the Van Halens are a pair of dickheads, another aspect of it is that usually people can't take advantage of you unless you let them.

I suppose he would rejoin if asked, for reduced financial terms to boot. Were I in a similar situation, I'd hope to have enough sense of self-respect to tell the Van Halens to get fucked, and not pull any punches in interviews when asked why I'm not in the band. It was almost as if in TMS interview he was reluctant to flat-out say why...unless he's just plain over all of it and doesn't give a shit.

Sometimes it may be the case of us thinking far more about the inner workings of Van HAlen than the band members themselves do.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Elephant Trunk pisses me off everytime I watch him.

When he was telling that other dude to "hush", I wanted him to punch him in the face.
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                            You may well be right...although I'm not sure what that would say about him...I suppose it really would confirm he was spineless...I mean, fuck, the dude stood by the Van Halens through one bad career move after the next and they end up dumping him. Not dumping him so they could get a bass player with better abilities in either the technical or songwriting departments, mind you, but dumping him to bring in a 16 year-old kid. Now, fair enough, Anthony may have stuck around because it wasn't like he had a slew of major labels prodding him to leave the band and start a highly prolific solo career ("Biff Malibu/Songs in the key of E"), but he basically got fuck all for his loyalty in the end. A member of the only Van Halen lineup that ever mattered, and by 2004 he is reduced to a contract player forced to sign away his rights...the baffling part is he actually did it...while the Van Halens are a pair of dickheads, another aspect of it is that usually people can't take advantage of you unless you let them.

I suppose he would rejoin if asked, for reduced financial terms to boot. Were I in a similar situation, I'd hope to have enough sense of self-respect to tell the Van Halens to get fucked, and not pull any punches in interviews when asked why I'm not in the band. It was almost as if in TMS interview he was reluctant to flat-out say why...unless he's just plain over all of it and doesn't give a shit.

Sometimes it may be the case of us thinking far more about the inner workings of Van HAlen than the band members themselves do.
                            Van Halen went on tour without Michael Anthony and it they did very well without him. People go to see Eddie and Dave. The bass player and drummer could be anyone.

So Mike doesn't have any negotiating power because VH can sell tickets without him. Eddie will always draw a crowd and add Dave in they are still a power house.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Van Halen went downhill as soon as Eddie became a studio wanker.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Van Halen went downhill as soon as Eddie became a studio wanker.
                                I dunno...I thought they made a couple of good albums after Fair Warning.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...