Originally posted by ashstralia
    what, di anno is their DLR????

pffffft.
    Is this an unpopular opinion?

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

Although a cover, I find Just a gigolo/I ain't got nobody to be one of Dave's boldest and gutsiest statements...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I don't know if this is an unpopular music opinion or just a bizarre confession, but every now and then, I get the urge to blast Say It Isn't So by Hall & Oates. There's just something about that tune. Not sure what it is.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

The only Grateful Dead song that I know is Touch Of Grey. And I don't care for it.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Is this an unpopular opinion?

Comment

• Jack68
              Commando
              • Sep 2004

Eric clapton should of died in the helicopter crash not Stevie Ray.There i said it.
              Last edited by Jack68; 03-25-2012, 06:14 AM.
              "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Indeed.

Bruce Dickenson is the Sammy Hagar of Iron Maiden.
                Man thats harsh
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  I don't know if this is an unpopular music opinion or just a bizarre confession, but every now and then, I get the urge to blast Say It Isn't So by Hall & Oates. There's just something about that tune. Not sure what it is.

Aw...Hall & Oates was kinda cool in the early 80's for a kid. Looking back now...GAY!. But when I was 10, 11, 12 I did like their music on the top 40 radio. And I guarantee everyone hear knows all the lyrics to Private Eyes and Maneater.

Watch out boy she'll chew you up!
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jack68
                    Eric clapton should of died in the helicopter crash not Stevie Ray.There i said it.

I've been campaigning for safer hotel windows.....just so we don't get any more horrible songs.

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      This i think is the unpopular opinion.

In the band Heart, I always wanted to fuck the brunette & NOT the blonde. Even when she ballooned out. Yeah, I don't get it either.
                      I feel exactly the same. That voice of hers turns me on well beyond what most women could with more conventional looks. Ann does it for me.

Comment

• Headly1984
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                        The only Grateful Dead song that I know is Touch Of Grey. And I don't care for it.
                        I have been a die hard VH / DLR guy since my youth, by 1980 I believe I bought 8 tracks of VH 1,2 & W&CF

I was dragged to a Grateful Dead concert by a bunch of friends in 87' - there is a lot that is right with the Dead once ya 'get it' - or ya might never get it and not like them - but jerry was fast and clean as a picker, there 2 drummers kept a fat sound and the bassist could thump and funk with the best of the 4 stringers of the world

if .. if .. you want to open your mind to the dead .. try weather report suite for the musicality of the band or Dire Wolf or Stella Blue for the better side of Jerry out front

here is one of their best studio tracks ..

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
                          there is a lot that is right with the Dead once ya 'get it' - or ya might never get it and not like them -

It's not that. It's just I have never heard them except for that one tune. All I know really is their fans loved them hardcore, followed them around, and the parking lots were basically Walmarts for every drug known.

Comment

• Headly1984
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Jack68
                            EC is one heck of a guitarist but - as a person - he was a dirty dog stealing his best friends wife, going to the bar after his son died & etc..

but... wow - he had some magic in the finger during the Derrick & the dominoes session with Duane - & his 90's? work Reptile is Fantastic imho

like amazing guitar solo's ? heres a few in one song for ya ..

~2:15 Warren Haynes goes off -, ~4:00 derrick trucks gets his turn to show off ~5:00 EC has his turn

the above link will wow any guitar fan - 3 amazing solo's and an intertwined segment of amazing compliment
                            Last edited by Headly1984; 04-01-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

I'm tired of classic rock radio. I can go the rest of my life without ever hearing another Boston, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Kansas, ZZ Top or Bad Company song.

Seriously. I have heard their main songs a billion fucking times already. Many times a few times a day. Fucking sick of it already. They weren't the only classic rock bands and if you feel the need to play them, at least go for some deeper cuts for fucks sake.

Comment

• Headly1984
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2011

If - you are curious why so many were gaga for the GD

I posted a few that put the hook in me - and I never imagined I would be into the dead I was so hardcore VH before that show

Funny ya mention Foreigner & Bad Co.

I recently tracked through Foreigners 1st and found myself loving it as a body of work - Lou Graham had such intensity and restraint as a singer in his prime - and after tracking Desolation Angels - I found myself liking Bad Co. again - the off the beaten path stuff is better than any new radio play stuff I can find hahaha!

one of my all time favorite songs & favorite albums ..

Comment

Working...