X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Roth Army Gun Thread

Don't paint any cross hairs on any one in here!

What the hell may as well have one and lets open up the curretly popular Glock 9mm

Wiki link to see some cool stuff about the round : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9x19mm_Parabellum

About the brand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta...azine_capacity

My from memory stuff about the Glock and the 9mm round:

The pistol 9Glock)fist came on the market sometime in the 80's Thought at the time to be crap becasue it was plastic it quickly became very popular and now has some damn huge market share as far as pistols go. (It's not plastic). Very popular for law enforcement because thay are light, durable and hold alot of rounds. I have shot one before and they are very nice guns. The 9mm itself has been around for ever and really became popular thanks to Mel Gibson and his famous Berretta 9mm. Very popular because it holds 15 rounds. I have also shot one of these and they are the shit! Very nice gun. If I were to own a 9 it would be the Berretta hands down.

As far as the round goes I wouldn't own one. They are popular because you can get them in smaller size weapons that are nice for concealed carry and they typically have a large magazine capacity. More is better is the general rule. I don't subscibe to that.

The round it self is only suitable for close range self defence and at that one shot in most cases won't get ur done. Even with exotic hollow point ammo they have just don't have enough one shot stopping power for me. If I have to shoot somebody I want them down and out even if I fuck up and hit um in the leg. But many people do carry them and really like them. In fact many law enforcement's have gone from the 9mm to the better and more powerful .40 S&W. The dabate on the effectiveness of the round has gone on for ages. Please search the net if you are intersted in the debate.

I don't think we have a huge gun following here but hey if you have any others you are curious about please ask. I am no expert but have been intersted in guns since I was 10. I know alot them. It's just a hobby not some sceery thing at all.
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

you should start a 2011 tour thread...
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      you should start a 2011 tour thread...
      I will when the time comes. It' might be 2012 though.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Not for nothing, but sadaist started a pretty nifty gun thread a while back in NON:
        GUNS - firearms - weaponry

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

And this is in the Locker Room because.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

...people like to pretend guns are about the sport?

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              And this is in the Locker Room because.....
              Um, err I fugured you needed an excuse to put that red user name to use?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Shooting is a sport?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  Um, err I fugured you needed an excuse to put that red user name to use?
                  Didn't you hear? I only have that red user name to put on my resume....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Are you saying your resume is in color? Well, I guess that's OK...if you are applying for a job in marketing, cosmetics or the fashion industry.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I don't know, maybe the boys on Howdy Doody Mountain need someone to get the band with the fucking 21st century....

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Well it could look better on a bigger ass hole. j/k Glad to see it actually.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

and jagy's name is white....
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Long time ago I bought a whole fucking case of these Russian 9mm bullets. CHEAP. But since they were just for the target range I figured WTF. Damn things jammed a lot. Still have a couple 100 of them. But I keep 1 clip full with top of the line hollow points. That's the one by the side of the bed. For everything else the Russian crap bullets work fine.

I love the green metal ammo boxes though. Get them at the army/navy supply store for $5. I keep old fishing reels in 1, gun cleaning supplies in another, and one in the truck to carry a spare quart of oil, rags, & other road fix necessities. Great boxes.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

This is what I own in 45acp.

Comment

Working...