• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig

Hearing-impaired patrons recovering after Hallandale bar stabbing

Neither Alfred Stewart nor the other man, whose name could not be confirmed, could be reached for comment on Tuesday

DUH!

How they gonna hear the phone ring?

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

So many ridiculous things happen down here...all the same, I love it and ain't leavin'!
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The only thing that should fuck a horse is another horse. So sayeth the Lord.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Man Nabbed At Home Depot After Trying To Cut Off Handcuffs

AOL

Escambia County, Fl. - A handcuffed suspect in Florida escaped police custody and fled to a Pensacola Home Depot, where he was spotted shortly after shopping for bolt-cutters.

"He was caught after he stole some items from a [hardware store] to remove the cuffs with," Sena Maddison, a spokeswoman with the Escambia County Sheriff's Office told Weird News.

Michael Jay Scott, 19, was first arrested by police in Pensacola early Monday morning, when he was involved in a disturbance with an unidentified homeowner whom he had previously been warned not to have contact with, according to Maddison.

The genius in question...

"He engaged in a fight with the homeowner and upon deputies' arrival, [he] fled on foot," Maddison said. "He was caught after a brief foot chase."

Scott received several injuries to his face and body during the alleged fight. As a result, the arresting officers transported him to Sacred Heart Hospital for a medical examination. It was during his hospital stay, police said, that Scott sneaked out of his room and escaped the building undetected.

Multiple law enforcement officers and K-9 units were dispatched to the area to search for Scott. His whereabouts remained a mystery until roughly 10 a.m., when staff at a Home Depot about a mile from the hospital called police to report suspicious activity.

"While en-route, dispatch advised that a suspicious person was trying to use bolt cutters to cut off handcuffs," deputy Michael Williams wrote in his police report.

After allegedly failing to cut off the cuffs, Scott, apparently sensing he might have attracted some unwanted attention, fled out the back of the store. The fugitive then scaled a perimeter fence and ran into a local neighborhood, police said.

Contacted by Weird News, a Home Depot manager confirmed that the bizarre bolt cutter incident took place inside his store, but declined to comment further.

Police said a K-9 unit managed to track Scott to a nearby camper he had allegedly broken into. When police took him into custody, he was still wearing the handcuffs that had been placed on his wrists earlier that day. Authorities also found a small nail file and a screwdriver -- items Scott had allegedly stolen from Home Depot to try to get the cuffs off, Maddison said.

Scott was transported back to Sacred Heart Hospital for treatment. This time, however, he remained in the custody of law enforcement. Scott was treated, released and then transported to Escambia County Jail. He has been charged with felony larceny and burglary, as well as misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest and damage to property.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Man Nabbed At Home Depot After Trying To Cut Off Handcuffs

AOL

Escambia County, Fl. - A handcuffed suspect in Florida escaped police custody and fled to a Pensacola Home Depot, where he was spotted shortly after shopping for bolt-cutters.

"He was caught after he stole some items from a [hardware store] to remove the cuffs with," Sena Maddison, a spokeswoman with the Escambia County Sheriff's Office told Weird News.

Michael Jay Scott, 19, was first arrested by police in Pensacola early Monday morning, when he was involved in a disturbance with an unidentified homeowner whom he had previously been warned not to have contact with, according to Maddison.

The genius in question...

"He engaged in a fight with the homeowner and upon deputies' arrival, [he] fled on foot," Maddison said. "He was caught after a brief foot chase."

Scott received several injuries to his face and body during the alleged fight. As a result, the arresting officers transported him to Sacred Heart Hospital for a medical examination. It was during his hospital stay, police said, that Scott sneaked out of his room and escaped the building undetected.

Multiple law enforcement officers and K-9 units were dispatched to the area to search for Scott. His whereabouts remained a mystery until roughly 10 a.m., when staff at a Home Depot about a mile from the hospital called police to report suspicious activity.

"While en-route, dispatch advised that a suspicious person was trying to use bolt cutters to cut off handcuffs," deputy Michael Williams wrote in his police report.

After allegedly failing to cut off the cuffs, Scott, apparently sensing he might have attracted some unwanted attention, fled out the back of the store. The fugitive then scaled a perimeter fence and ran into a local neighborhood, police said.

Contacted by Weird News, a Home Depot manager confirmed that the bizarre bolt cutter incident took place inside his store, but declined to comment further.

Police said a K-9 unit managed to track Scott to a nearby camper he had allegedly broken into. When police took him into custody, he was still wearing the handcuffs that had been placed on his wrists earlier that day. Authorities also found a small nail file and a screwdriver -- items Scott had allegedly stolen from Home Depot to try to get the cuffs off, Maddison said.

Scott was transported back to Sacred Heart Hospital for treatment. This time, however, he remained in the custody of law enforcement. Scott was treated, released and then transported to Escambia County Jail. He has been charged with felony larceny and burglary, as well as misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest and damage to property.
            Hilarious....Belongs w/ the "Are these guys for real?" group....
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Warning: Walking on a Florida street may be dangerous

Yahoo/Reuters

WASHINGTONWarning to pedestrians -- Walking down the street in Florida could be hazardous to your health.

Several major cities in the state -- Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami-Fort Lauderdale -- took the top spots on a list of the most dangerous metropolitan areas for pedestrians published by a U.S. transportation reform group on Tuesday.

The "Dangerous by Design" report, produced by Transportation for America, ranked cities with populations over a million people in terms of the danger to pedestrians relative to the amount of walking in a given area.

Riverside, California, Las Vegas, Memphis, Phoenix, Houston, and Dallas filled out the top ten in that order.

The author of the report emphasized the role of planning in the dangerous cities for pedestrians.

The common factor urban sprawl, low-density areas that are organized around wide, high-speed streets known as arterials.

Most of the over 47,700 pedestrian fatalities during the last decade were on these arterial roads, researcher Michelle Ernst said.

Racial minorities and seniors are more likely to be victims of pedestrian fatalities, the report also highlighted.

Transportation for America advocates for federal transportation reform that mandates the complete use of streets, that is a transportation system that facilitates use by pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, motorists, and those using public transportation.

The best cities for pedestrians according to the same list are Boston, Cleveland, New York, and Pittsburgh.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Tru dat... people around here really don't know how to drive. I blame it on being from an island...

Anyway, here's one we can add to this thread as well.. it didn't technically go down IN Florida - but he's from Florida... represent!!!

Man whips it out and whacks off on United flight
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I always enjoyed going to the Ft. Meyers area. They had some great undeveloped beaches just south of there. Now it's a line of high rise condos as far as you can see. I also noticed there was more riff raff rolling around than there used to be. Florida just suffers from the same urban sprawl and assholes moving in that every other place suffers from.

Comment

• VAiN
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    I always enjoyed going to the Ft. Meyers area. They had some great undeveloped beaches just south of there. Now it's a line of high rise condos as far as you can see. I also noticed there was more riff raff rolling around than there used to be. Florida just suffers from the same urban sprawl and assholes moving in that every other place suffers from.
                    No doubt, but the west coast of florida is MUCH nicer and newer then the east, IMO... I love the white sand beaches and the people just seem nicer as well. I'm sure it has to do with being far from Miami.
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      No doubt, but the west coast of florida is MUCH nicer and newer then the east, IMO... I love the white sand beaches and the people just seem nicer as well. I'm sure it has to do with being far from Miami.
                      I never cared for Miami. What's nice is for snobs and then it's rot. Daytona and the Orlando area is too touristy. I never made it up to Jacksonville or the panhandle. Tampa seemed boring. I really enjoyed Ft. Meyers and that area for just a low key get away from it all type place. But I've seen Florida completely change.

The place that amazing has changed very little is Maui. That has changed surprisingly little since the early 70's. They don't make koa outriggers on the beach like they used to and some big hotels have popped up but the town and the beach are amazingly the same.

Comment

• VAiN
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Ha! This is awesome!

LINK

Arrested man: 48 beers was about 10 too many

HUDSON, Florida (AP) -- A man told Pasco County Sheriff's deputies he had about 10 beers too many as he celebrated his birthday.

Fifty-eight-year-old James Taylor says he drank 48 beers on Thursday evening, prompting a stern lecture from a deputy for causing a disturbance at Hudson Beach.

Officials say Taylor, a transient, left the beach. But he came back, and officials say this time he caused such a ruckus that he scared a woman and her young grandchildren.

An arrest report states that Taylor exposed his genitals and "urinated in the middle of the sand."

He also continued to shout profanities.

A deputy returned to the beach, arrested Taylor and took him to the Land O'Lakes jail. He is charged with disorderly intoxication in a public place and causing a disturbance.

48 beers?? This guy should get some sort of award!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

huh, nothin' mentioned on his site..?

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                            huh, nothin' mentioned on his site..?

http://www.jamestaylor.com/
                            He has really let himself go!

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Wonder where a transient (politically correct speech for "homeless guy") got the money for two cases of beer?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

maybe he knows a few 'erotic outsourcing technicians'.

Comment

Working...