Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I made lasagna today. Has Zeppy plagiarist boy ever done that!? I mean, if he can't write or play anything original how is he expected to cook for himself?

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Now what does your bad cooking have to do with good music?
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        I do not agree. If there was any true talent in Zep is was Bonham. He truly revolutionized rock drumming and ever sine his death Page must have known he wasn't shit without him. To me, Page's endless riffs rip offs worked around Bonham heavy-handed snare, hi-hat, bass work.

As for Jones, while not the best bass player in rock he was by far the most methodical. By that I mean, unlike Page and his soul-sucking bullshit, Jones was a trained musician who took his craft a bit more seriously; in a way like Entwhistle, he learned to work his notes around Bonham knowing when to improvise and when to stick to script. Just listen to any shitty recorded Zep tune and focus solely on the bass playing. Jones is like a predatory hawk knowing when to come in and when to back off with the right notes constantly reinventing on how to play louder or softer giving them more interpretation to the song regardless what fuckstick plagiarist Page is doing with those highly annoying solos and sloppy chord work.

This is why Zeppy always sucked mega-balls: Page never knew how to work with the amazing musicians he had opting instead to riff-bash is pathetic small cock ego. Now look at him. I've heard some of Jones' solo work and it's quite good while the irksome crap Page festers out is complete unlistenable garbage. Fuck Page. I hope the plagiarizing asswipe gets cancer.
        Truth is, all these old fuddy-duddies voices are shot: Dylan, John Hiatt, Daltry, Plant...if Freddie Mercury was alive this is not way he would be singing like he did. There is only so much abuse the vocal chords can take and time naturally wears them down.

By the way, rumor has it that Townshend is about 94% deaf. Good for him - retarded foolish cocksucker.
        Are you even a musician?
        Judging by your highly critical statements, you must possess a number of degree's in various types of music theory and musicology....

Here's an idea. why not list the artists you appreciate, and explain their brilliance in great detail with as much exuberance as you express your hate....
        Somehow I doubt you are capable of this....
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

By the way, rumor has it that Townshend is about 94% deaf.
          Judging from what you downgrade, you may want to get your hearing checked as well.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I'm sorry, I did not know I was treading on your sacred Jimmy Page homoerotic ground.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

I'm sorry, I did not know I was treading on your sacred Jimmy Page homoerotic ground.
              It's not that. It's just that if i was a bad painter i wouldn't go into a museum and tell them that their art sucked. Thus, just because you have a bad ear you shouldn't take it out on us and these fine legends you speak of.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Haha! "fine legends" good one.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Haha! "fine legends" good one.
                  That was pretty good wasn't it? Ha.ha. I tried my best to get you fired up but you weren't having any of it.

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

The age thing is manufactured lies from the from the corporate hitlers.
                    The corrupt medias push the young because that is who they can exploit.

Willy DeVille - A dollar and a Grammy will buy you a cup of coffee.

Last edited by Blaze; 11-02-2011, 10:20 PM.
                    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                    sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Indeed, I miss Willy's music.
                      I miss them both.
                      Last edited by Blaze; 11-02-2011, 10:19 PM.
                      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                      sigpic

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Oct 2004

^^^
                        The Johnny Cash clip alone absolutely disproves any theory that you lose your "powers" as you grow older. Quite possibly in the Top 5 most moving performances I've seen.

I made lasagna today. Has Zeppy plagiarist boy ever done that!? I mean, if he can't write or play anything original how is he expected to cook for himself?
                        Dunno. Does he like lasagna? Ask him and find out. Although, I don't quite get how your logic is working. Firstly, I don't think he's ever claimed to have invented lasagna (to my knowledge...I may be mistaken), so the analogy kind of breaks down immediately. Secondly, cooking and musical ability are two very different things. Inability to play guitar would be one of the few things I WOULDN'T judge Gordon Ramsay for, for instance.

You really haven't thought this through. Maybe you should come up with a better metaphor and re-post.

*For the record, I'm not a Led Zep fan either, far from it...but I at least respect what they did. In terms of the plagarism...as much as Page only stole from, say, old blues guys, it was only in the way the old blues guys stole from each other. And that goes for any style of music...nobody has a go at Dion for nicking Runaround Sue from Gary US Bond's Quarter To Three, despite the fact that it's near identical. So I don't see why this should be such a big deal.
                        Last edited by Shaun Ponsonby; 11-02-2011, 10:25 PM.
                        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                          ^^^

You really haven't thought this through. Maybe you should come up with a better metaphor and re-post.
                          It was bland sarcasm, asshole. Try not to take everything so seriously

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Johnny Cash was making better records when he was literally at death's door, than most people do in the prime of their lives.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Would have loved to have seen this guy

@2:56 - made my brain hurt.
                              Last edited by Kristy; 11-03-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Geez... that douchebag can't even get my super secret evil lyrics right. Give a Devil some credit, asshole!
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...