X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    At least I can still ride a skateboard instead of being crotchety and yelling at the kids for riding them.

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
      I do not agree. If there was any true talent in Zep is was Bonham. He truly revolutionized rock drumming and ever sine his death Page must have known he wasn't shit without him. To me, Page's endless riffs rip offs worked around Bonham heavy-handed snare, hi-hat, bass work.

As for Jones, while not the best bass player in rock he was by far the most methodical. By that I mean, unlike Page and his soul-sucking bullshit, Jones was a trained musician who took his craft a bit more seriously; in a way like Entwhistle, he learned to work his notes around Bonham knowing when to improvise and when to stick to script. Just listen to any shitty recorded Zep tune and focus solely on the bass playing. Jones is like a predatory hawk knowing when to come in and when to back off with the right notes constantly reinventing on how to play louder or softer giving them more interpretation to the song regardless what fuckstick plagiarist Page is doing with those highly annoying solos and sloppy chord work.
      Uh....so you can't have it both ways. I said Jonesy was the real talent in the band, you said you disagreed but then went on to praise him to the skies. Figure out what your opinion is on Jonesy and repost. Either (according to you) he sucks, or he does not.

And tell us all, please, how many songs did Bonzo write. What were his talents as a lyric writer. How many guitar or bass riffs did he come up with? Bonzo was a great drummer to be sure, but the band was called "Led Zeppelin", NOT The John Bonham Band.

This is why Zeppy always sucked mega-balls: Page never knew how to work with the amazing musicians he had opting instead to riff-bash is pathetic small cock ego. Now look at him. I've heard some of Jones' solo work and it's quite good while the irksome crap Page festers out is complete unlistenable garbage. Fuck Page. I hope the plagiarizing asswipe gets cancer.

It is precisely BECAUSE Page knew how to work with the musicians he had that Led Zep recorded such great albums. After all, he produced ALL of them.

Nice of you to voice your opinion, but you give weak arguments to musicians in this forum with far more talent than you will ever have, with nothing solid to back your arguments up.

It is like trying to argue with Winton Marsalis that Jazz is music for idiots who cannot understand music.

Try again, Kristy. If nothing else, your rantings are highly comedic entertainment.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Actually, it's not interesting at all that you're a stalker and an asshole.
        And what do you base that statement on? Anything to back it up? Or are you just angry because he does not agree with your opinions?

You know Kristy, your argument is old and noted but it doesn't change what you are.

And really, try not to play the age card. It makes you look older and more ridiculous than you already are.
        Funny, in this case, the fact that he is older than you and has more maturity (apparently) actually serves to make you look more ridiculous with each post you make.

Best cut your losses and stop trying to fight a losing battle here, Kristy. Next time I come to Denver we can go out to dinner and discuss how Led Zep sucks so bad over a nice steak, some good wine, and some good reefer.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          Next time I come to Denver we can go out to dinner and discuss how Led Zep sucks so bad over a nice steak, some good wine, and some good reefer.
          And don't forget to give her a good throat gagging. Careful not to cut yourself on those boney hips..
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Nah. I don't fool around with chicks unless I am having a serious relationship with them.
            She is not my type.

Sorry Kristy. I know you had hopes, but alas, it just is not meant to be....

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Uh....so you can't have it both ways. I said Jonesy was the real talent in the band, you said you disagreed but then went on to praise him to the skies. Figure out what your opinion is on Jonesy and repost. Either (according to you) he sucks, or he does not.

And tell us all, please, how many songs did Bonzo write. What were his talents as a lyric writer. How many guitar or bass riffs did he come up with? Bonzo was a great drummer to be sure, but the band was called "Led Zeppelin", NOT The John Bonham Band.

It is precisely BECAUSE Page knew how to work with the musicians he had that Led Zep recorded such great albums. After all, he produced ALL of them.
              1. Page produced horseshit. Listen to those fuck-awful Zep albums. They were recorded horribly even with technology of those times. Hissy, bad mixes (e.g., Carouselambra) even crappier overdubs and vocal arrangements. The guy was (and still is) a sloppy chord-banging moron with less interesting solos. Even disco was recorded better than any unlistenable Zep album.

2. Page by the end of Zeppelin's demise was a junkie and a complete fuckwit, He was out of ideas to steal even after being sued or having out of court cases settlements against his blatant plagiarism. Oh yeah, he wrote some great riffs, didn't he? Fucker. In fact, they were all alcoholics or some type of addicted batshit crazy assholes when they called it quits early 1980. Better they broke up rather than continue on the crash and burn path they were on.

3. Page never managed to top his success in Zeppelin. Two words: The Firm. One word: shit. Even his Coverdale/Page stint was a bad parody of himself. And what's sad is he knew it. For fuck's sake even his time with the Black Crowes was an insult to his former band. And don't get me started on how mediocre those Plant solo albums were in the 80's

Let's see what else were you bitching about? Oh yeah, John Paul Jones. Sorry, asshole, I forgot to mention I was speaking of him post-Zep. His solo efforts are quite good and not Zeppy wishy-washy sounding at all. He was the most methodical musician of that fucking band. His solo efforts clearly demonstrate that.

As for Bonham his drumming alone earned them the moniker "Hammer of The Gods" It certainly wasn't Page's pop-sloppy guitar work or Plant's freshly cut off testicles singing, was it!?

Either fuck off or come up with an argument that isn't based upon how bad you want to suck his dick.
              Last edited by Kristy; 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

You clearly have no clue about the art of making music....

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Krusty has pointed out Zep's faults ( some valid, some clearly not valid)

Anyone care to explain this scarecrow the brilliance of Zep? I don't have time.

I'm off to the studio...

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Jimmy Page, first rock star to be elected Vice President of the United States......

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

"Jimmy Page is an excellent producer. Led Zeppelin 1 and Led Zeppelin 2 are classics.
                      As a player, he's very good in the studio. I never saw him play well live. He's very sloppy.
                      He plays like he's got a broken hand and he's two years old. But if you put out a good album and play like a two-year-old live. What's the purpose?"
                      -- Eddie Van Halen,
                      I agree with Ed.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Led Zeppelin's 1977 U.S. tour, which came to a halt with seven dates remaining when lead singer Robert Plant flew home to England following the death of his 6-year-old son Karac, was one of the most riotous in rock history, with rumours of hotels and restaurants being trashed and stadiums and ticket outlets being trashed by their fans. Some of the worst violence occurred at Oakland Stadium, just three days before the tour's abrupt halt.

Charges of battery have been filed against Zeppelin manager Peter Grant, drummer John Bonham and two of their employees. A civil suit asking $2 million in punitive damages is also in the works. Members of the Led Zeppelin entourage refused to comment to avoid pre-trial publicity. But promoter Bill Graham gave his version of the events.

The first incident, according to Graham's employees, occurred when one of the stage crew, Jim Downey, said something to Grant and Grant took offence. Grant's assistant then struck Downey who ended up having `his head bashed against concrete.'

The second incident reportedly stemmed from a little boy asking a Graham security man, Jim Matzorkis, for a wooden plaque. Matzorkis says he denied the request. The boy turned out to be Peter Grant's son. Matzorkis was then approached by Grant, Bonham and two others who asked him to apologize. John Bonham then kicked him in the groin.

Matzorkis went into hiding for his health. Graham brought Grant to see Matzorkis, hoping their meeting would settle the problem. However, according to Graham, "Peter blasted Jim in the face. I tried to stand between them, but Grant forced me out of the trailer and locked the door. My man said, Bill, Bill, help me!" Matzorkis worked his way to the door while they were hitting him, and he was able to get away. His face was a bloody mess.

"I could never in good conscience book them again," said Graham. "For these people to assume that might makes me right takes me back to Germany - and I've blocked out pretty much of my childhood (some of Graham's relatives died in concentration camps) - but that's where they come from. I cannot help but wonder how much of this did, in fact, go on in the past with these people." Zeppelin lawyers say that Bonham, Grant and the others will plead innocent.
                        The whole Led Zeppelin organization were a bunch of thugs who thought they could do whatever they wanted. Their manager especially. Read Bill Graham Presents to learn how the band's advance went directly to armed drug dealers to support the band's huge drug habit.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

1. Page produced horseshit. Listen to those fuck-awful Zep albums. They were recorded horribly even with technology of those times. Hissy, bad mixes (e.g., Carouselambra) even crappier overdubs and vocal arrangements. The guy was (and still is) a sloppy chord-banging moron with less interesting solos. Even disco was recorded better than any unlistenable Zep album.

2. Page by the end of Zeppelin's demise was a junkie and a complete fuckwit, He was out of ideas to steal even after being sued or having out of court cases settlements against his blatant plagiarism. Oh yeah, he wrote some great riffs, didn't he? Fucker. In fact, they were all alcoholics or some type of addicted batshit crazy assholes when they called it quits early 1980. Better they broke up rather than continue on the crash and burn path they were on.

3. Page never managed to top his success in Zeppelin. Two words: The Firm. One word: shit. Even his Coverdale/Page stint was a bad parody of himself. And what's sad is he knew it. For fuck's sake even his time with the Black Crowes was an insult to his former band. And don't get me started on how mediocre those Plant solo albums were in the 80's

Let's see what else were you bitching about? Oh yeah, John Paul Jones. Sorry, asshole, I forgot to mention I was speaking of him post-Zep. His solo efforts are quite good and not Zeppy wishy-washy sounding at all. He was the most methodical musician of that fucking band. His solo efforts clearly demonstrate that.

As for Bonham his drumming alone earned them the moniker "Hammer of The Gods" It certainly wasn't Page's pop-sloppy guitar work or Plant's freshly cut off testicles singing, was it!?

Either fuck off or come up with an argument that isn't based upon how bad you want to suck his dick.

Are you sure it is YOU who are so pissed off because you cannot suck his dick?

Please tell us how it is Page's production is so bad, from your own extensive experience.

Your reasoning behind this ranting is beyond many of us, but there is no real logic to base any of it on. Simply put a lot of your opinions are just that, with no reflection in reality.

I do agree Page & Plant were musical thieves, but then again so are half the musicians on the planet. Certainly amongst blues-musicians.

And Page is sloppy some of the time. To see one of his worst performances, look at either the Seattle 1977 bootleg, or the ARMS benefit where he totally blew.....but he is not EVEN sloppy all the time. In fact, when I saw him in 1998 on the Page/Plant tour, he was anything BUT sloppy. He pretty much kicked everyone's ass in the venue that evening.

But the faults that Led Zep had individually and collectively cannot overwhelm the positive aspects of what they did, or the overall impact they had on music in the 20th-century....an impact, I might add, that is permanent.

Sorry you hate them so much. But then, I have bands I hate as well. The difference is, I hate bands who suck shit. And Led Zep is not one of them.

Carry on with your delusions dear. If you wish hard enough, maybe some day you can actually be in the same city as Jimmy Page and can rub one out thinking about blowing him.
                          Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-03-2011, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Page occasionally even did alright when he was smacked up. He did OK here, guest starring on this Stones song. You can actually hear more of Jimmy in this early version than the final mix that was on the album. Hell, who knows? Maybe Keith gave him lessons on how to play properly when on heroin??

Of course Jimmy didn't produce that album, Steve Lillywhite did. But not even he could fix what the Stones had done to themselves by that point in the 80's.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              Krusty has pointed out Zep's faults ( some valid, some clearly not valid)

Anyone care to explain this scarecrow the brilliance of Zep? I don't have time.

I'm off to the studio...
                              No way. We are talking about someone who thinks chord progressions have something to do with upgrading her vacuum cleaner.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Comment

Working...