X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by High Life Man
    He'll be dead in 6 months. What's he got to live for?
    Pretty fucked up thing to say, even in these circumstances....

In reference to JoePa's replacement, Bradley was well-known to be his replacement for many years now....

But with this happening, it might be too volatile to retain one of the old regime to take over on a permanent basis....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
      He'll be dead in 6 months. What's he got to live for?
      He may be beaten to death in a prison laundry room when the guards have looked the other way a la Jeffrey Dahmer style but this guy won't put a nickel plated revolver to his temple. If his sick pride let him get away with what he was doing for so many years (and a untold number of victims) it is also the same pride that will prevent him taking his own life. Sandusky is a sociopath and with all sociopaths it is ALWAYS someone else to blame for not only their own wrecked condition but the lives they ruined as well (are ya listening, mom?).

And now that this story has broke and the behavior has gone on for so long what's the betting that Penn State will be neck deep in lawsuits? You can almost rest assured that lawyers are seeing blood in the water investigating not only Papa Joe's asset worth but those of the chancellor and various staff of the athletic department. Penn State itself should be banned from NCAA football for a minimum of two years with no recruiting utilizing that time rebuilding a new coaching staff and program. It's the only way they can save themselves.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Pretty fucked up thing to say, even in these circumstances....

In reference to JoePa's replacement, Bradley was well-known to be his replacement for many years now....

But with this happening, it might be too volatile to retain one of the old regime to take over on a permanent basis....
        They're throwing Urban Meyer's name around with increasing frequency.

His daughter is a PSU student....
        Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
          He may be beaten to death in a prison laundry room when the guards have looked the other way a la Jeffrey Dahmer style but this guy won't put a nickel plated revolver to his temple. If his sick pride let him get away with what he was doing for so many years (and a untold number of victims) it is also the same pride that will prevent him taking his own life. Sandusky is a sociopath and with all sociopaths it is ALWAYS someone else to blame for not only their own wrecked condition but the lives they ruined as well (are ya listening, mom?).
          Pretty sure HLM was referring to Paterno, not Sandusky.....
          Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 11-10-2011, 12:11 PM.
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

I am shocked. That is a repugnant school culture that would riot for a football game instead of rioting to lynch the perpetrators.
            How could a University develop a culture that cared more for football than for humans. It is truly shameful.
            That whole place needs to be investigated.
            I wonder if it will have the same far reaching tentacles like the Catholic Priest Pedophilia scandal.
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Pretty F*ed up situation all around. I actually saw one of my friends (since my 20s) defending Paterno on Facebook before I left for work this morning ("it's a shame a guy like Paterno will have his record blemished by something like this" - like it should be overlooked in the 'big picture' or some shit??), had to set him straight - you don't turn a blind eye to rape, especially kid-diddling. It's inexcusable, end of debate. Last time I checked several of our mutual friends had posted in agreement with me.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Just looked at the timeline for this fucking fiasco.......

1994 — Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95 — Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96 — Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97 — Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98 — Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

1998 — Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

June 1999 — Sandusky retires from Penn State but still holds emeritus status.

Dec. 28, 1999 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Summer 2000 — Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

Fall 2000 — A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

March 1, 2002 — A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

March 2, 2002 — In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno's home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 — Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 — Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

March 27, 2002 (approximate) — The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky's locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in Grand Jury in December 2010.
                2005-2006 — Boy known as Victim 1 says that meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

Spring 2007 — During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

Spring 2008 — Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy's mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

Early 2009 — An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa. teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

September 2010 — Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

Nov. 5, 2011 — Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

Link

Paterno's apathy is beyond forgivable but look at how many other people turned a blind eye or just reported it to the nearest supervisor......fucking disgusting!

Who here wouldn't of beat the living fucking shit out of Sandusky if you happened into one of his shower time romps.....tell your supervisor, take away his keys! I honestly think I'd of killed him!
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

For sure, Penn State is going to have a long losing streak starting Saturday. Plus there will be a lot High School athletes that will avoid the program like the plague due to either their own decisions or one demanded by their parents.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                    I am shocked. That is a repugnant school culture that would riot for a football game instead of rioting to lynch the perpetrators.
                    How could a University develop a culture that cared more for football than for humans. It is truly shameful.
                    That whole place needs to be investigated.
                    I wonder if it will have the same far reaching tentacles like the Catholic Priest Pedophilia scandal.
                    I often wonder why we put university culture on the pedestal we do. When my brother was attending Stanford one of the students in one of his classes jumped to his death off the golden gate bridge and the professor said he wasn't a good student anyways. Some of the most hateful people I have ever met in my life have worked in universities. Some very good people there but some frankly scary people there as well.

The way a lot of the students behave is pathetic as well.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                      You have absolutely no documentation of that.
                      Torture
                      To inflict or subject to intense physical pain. Torturing their captive enemies seems to have been common practice among the early Indians. Indians only tortured prisoners when they had plenty of leisure time and were in the best of humor. It has been shown by historians that Indians never resorted to torture when they were angry. At such times they might kill their enemy, but it was only when they were in good spirits and wanted to amuse themselves that they indulged in refined elements of torture and cruelty.

Victims sought in every way to make their tormentors angry, knowing that then they would be quickly killed and put out of pain.

There was another aspect to torturing. It gave the victims a chance to show their fortitude and bravery. They would taunt their captors and appear to relish the most terrible pain to show their scorn. But at the same time the victim would sing his death chant, which was actually an appeal to his protecting god to save him, or give him more courage to stand the pain.

Thus while the Indian during his spare time would delight in thing up novel and more horrible ways to torture any prisoner who fell into his hands - to make him cry out in pain - he would also discipline himself to stand all kinds of pain so that he might never show by a groan or expression that he suffered under torture. When captured and tortured he wanted to prove a brave and honorable warrior.

Torture, then, was a kind of grim game - played by both captor and the captive. There were cases when Indians who could undergo the most terrible torture without showing their pain by word or expression, were admired by their captors that they were set free.

Women were notoriously more fiendish than men in torturing enemies. They would work themselves into fits of frenzy and would beat and stone prisoners to death. Old frontiersmen, finding the body of a victim with the head smashed by stones, would know this had been the work of women.

Fire was often used in various ways. Among Plains Indians, a victim might be staked out on an ant hill, where he would live for days. Or he might be buried up to his neck in the ground. Sometimes victims were sewed up in green rawhide and left in the sun. The rawhide would gradually shrink and crush them to death.

Running the gantlet was a favorite method of torture with the Iroquois and allied tribes. The prisoner would be made to run between two lines of people armed with clubs, tomahawks, and other weapons. He would be spared if he reached the chief's house or some other place pointed out to him beforehand. Among the Creek any prisoner who broke away and hid in a chief's house was safe.

In early history some Indian tribes ate some of the flesh of their victims in order to acquire their virtues. Such an act was not one of true cannibalism.
                      They had a good time. Like when the Shoshone indians cut the lower legs off a little girl and made her run around on the stumps of her legs and laughed. When reports got to Fort Walla Walla the calvary were looking for the culprets. Some gruesome shit took place along the Oregon and Bozemon trails.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

What is also interesting (given the timeline that kwame quoted) is that at one time, Sandusky was the heir apparent to the Paterno throne, but all of a sudden the creep just ups and retires. Any guesses as to how and why that happened to come about?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blaze
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          They had a good time. Like when the Shoshone indians cut the lower legs off a little girl and made her run around on the stumps of her legs and laughed. When reports got to Fort Walla Walla the calvary were looking for the culprets. Some gruesome shit took place along the Oregon and Bozemon trails.
                          I saw why you choose not to source your work. I recognize your motive.
                          Nevertheless, here is a useful tool when conducting research:

The CRAAP Test is a list of questions to help you evaluate the information you find.
                          Different criteria will be more or less important depending on your situation or need.

Evaluating Information –
                          Key:  indicates criteria is for Web

Evaluation Criteria

Currency: The timeliness of the information.
                          When was the information published or posted?
                          Has the information been revised or updated?
                          Does your topic require current information, or will older sources work as well?
                          Are the links functional?

Relevance: The importance of the information for your needs.
                          Does the information relate to your topic or answer your question?
                          Who is the intended audience?
                          Is the information at an appropriate level (i.e. not too elementary or advanced for your needs)?
                          Have you looked at a variety of sources before determining this is one you will use?
                          Would you be comfortable citing this source in your research paper?

Authority: The source of the information.
                          Who is the author/publisher/source/sponsor?
                          What are the author's credentials or organizational affiliations?
                          Is the author qualified to write on the topic?
                          Is there contact information, such as a publisher or email address?
                          Does the URL reveal anything about the author or source?
                          examples: .com .edu .gov .org .net

Accuracy: The reliability, truthfulness and correctness of the content.
                          Where does the information come from?
                          Is the information supported by evidence?
                          Has the information been reviewed or refereed?
                          Can you verify any of the information in another source or from personal knowledge?
                          Does the language or tone seem unbiased and free of emotion?
                          Are there spelling, grammar or typographical errors?

Purpose: The reason the information exists.
                          What is the purpose of the information? Is it to inform, teach, sell, entertain or persuade?
                          Do the authors/sponsors make their intentions or purpose clear?
                          Is the information fact, opinion or propaganda?
                          Does the point of view appear objective and impartial?
                          Are there political, ideological, cultural, religious, institutional or personal biases?
                          Last edited by Blaze; 11-10-2011, 10:31 PM.
                          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                          sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

I would get nothin' done
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This shit just keeps getting worse.....

Also heard tonight that Paterno hired some big time Washington lawyer who worked for the BCE during the Iran Contra fiasco. Now why would the ex-coach need a coverup specialist mouthpiece like that?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

So Sandusky retires after the Alamo Bowl in 1999...at the age of 55...

Yeah...does seem to fit a bigger piece of the puzzle now, doesn't it...since all the allegations started in 1998.

San Antonio Police have opened an investigation...by the way...based on that bowl victory by Penn State. They believe that Sandusky may have done something during their time their in 1999...

Seriously...the guy better kill himself...because if he goes to prison...he'll get everything he deserves...and then some...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...