X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Blaze
    Taint is taint. PENN (whatever) will be remembered.
    NO IT IS NOT, YOU CLUELESS DIPSHIT....

You really think the University of Pennsylvania, a very well-renowned institution itself, wants to get mixed in with this horrible situation because of dumbasses like you ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

All of these people think a foot ball game is more important than the raping of children.

Do you want them in your organization?
      Last edited by Blaze; 11-11-2011, 03:16 PM.
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Many students (and/or faculty) that have the money and/or ability to are transferring out of that University to one without such issues attached to it...
        Universities and their degrees are based and valued on their reputation.
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

The alumni and their reaction to this corruption will be the University's saving grace (or downfall).
          sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            NO IT IS NOT, YOU CLUELESS DIPSHIT....

You really think the University of Pennsylvania, a very well-renowned institution itself, wants to get mixed in with this horrible situation because of dumbasses like you ??
            Look, I don't follow football. But the name PENN will be recalled with this attached to it.

The Same difference between Ole Miss and Southern Miss, most people will only recall Miss and thus Mississippi.

I am really sorry about what happened to a school and area you care about. It was shameful! Moreover, you are as much a victim of this greed and corruption as many others are and will be.
            Last edited by Blaze; 11-11-2011, 03:41 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

There are 44,000 students on that campus.... And yes, a couple dozen of them were completely idiots and deserved any punishment they're going to get....

99% of them were out there just because that was the "happening" thing to do and/or wanted to get on TV....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blaze
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

There are 44,000 students on that campus.... And yes, a couple dozen of them were completely idiots and deserved any punishment they're going to get....

99% of them were out there just because that was the "happening" thing to do and/or wanted to get on TV....
                I am very sorry what happened to a school and area that you cared about. However...

Students Riot at Paterno's Ouster

Thousands of students at Penn State rioted Wednesday night after the university fired football coach Joe Paterno and school president Graham B. Spanier. The mob flipped over a news van, tore down two lampposts, and threw rocks and cans; police responded with riot gear and tear gas. The attack on the news van demonstrated the protesters’ belief that Paterno was the victim of a media campaign. Earlier in the day, Paterno had said he would retire at the end of the season, but the school’s trustees chose to remove him immediately.

Amid heightened security—and a discredited bomb threat—the Lions will take the field for the first time since Joe Paterno was ousted over a case of alleged sexual abuse. See full coverage. Plus, Jessica Bennett and Jacob Bernstein on the school's veil of secrecy.

Mixed in the crowd were a few dissenting opinions. Dan Smith, 21, a junior studying secondary education, said he thought the board was correct.

“The hardest part, because he was a hero to me, is coming to grips with what he did, or actually what he didn’t do,” Mr. Smith said.

Like Mr. Smith, Kevin Goff, 19, a freshman studying film, did not protest Mr. Paterno’s firing. He came out just to see the show.

“My friends were like, ‘I don’t want to get Maced,’ ” he said. “I was like, ‘I don’t want to miss seeing this, so I guess that means I do kind of want to get Maced.’ ”

++++++++++++++++++

SELF-AWARE

Matt Rourke / AP Photo
                Penn State Alum: Why Students Rioted

The Penn State student body has been the target of national outrage after students angrily protested the firing of disgraced college football coach Joe Paterno. But Grantland staff writer and Penn State alum Michael Weinreb says rioting is an inexplicable part of the school’s culture. “Maybe it’s the omnipresence of alcohol, and maybe it’s a party culture that’s been honed over the course of several decades, and maybe just the sense that we’re young and invulnerable.” That’s no excuse, of course: Weinreb writes that it’s time to “reexamine every aspect of the culture we’ve fostered.”

Read it at Grantland

By Jonah Goldberg
                11:53 a.m. EST, November 11, 2011

"Of course we're going to riot," Paul Howard, a 24 year-old aerospace engineering student at Penn State University, told The New York Times. "What do they expect when they tell us at 10 o'clock that they fired our football coach?"

The coach in question, as we all know, is Joe Paterno, the decades-long patriarch of Penn State football. Mr. Paterno was fired by the board of trustees for his part in a reprehensible non-response to the alleged rape of a 10-year-old boy in the locker room showers.

You have to wonder what's wrong with our society when someone can say, "Of course we're going to riot," but not over the cover-up of pedophiliac rape. Rather, students feel it is their obvious right, perhaps even duty, to throw violent temper tantrums when a multimillionaire football coach is fired, simply because the coach is part of their "college experience."

sigpic

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Blaze
                  Look, I don't follow football. But the name PENN will be recalled with this attached to it.

The Same difference between Ole Miss and Southern Miss, most people will only recall Miss and thus Mississippi.

I am really sorry about what happened to a school and area you care about. It was shameful! Moreover, you are as much a victim of this greed and corruption as many others are and will be.
                  I'm not a victim of this, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about....

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

I am not sure what is the truth. The pictures look closer to a thousand or 2. The PSU student newspaper is reporting:
                    Over 300 students gathered outside Paterno's residence to cheer for him when he arrived home from practice.
                    Joe Paterno talks to Penn State students from his window
                    Aaron Dunlevy

sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Sandusky grand jury presentment
                      Click here to read the Sandusky grand jury presentment. Editor's Note: this document was released on Friday Nov. 4, 2011 by the Pennsylvania Attorney General and contains graphic content.

sigpic

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Not all the Penn State students are idiotically crying over Paterno......

...unfortunately, this guy is obviously outnumbered, despite the fact that he's speaking the truth.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          Harsh. Google "NCAA Death Penalty." It's nicknamed the "death penalty" because that's literally what it is to a school and a local economy.

You're not only affecting the Football program, but the University as a whole, the other athletic programs (men and women) at PSU, the local economy, T-shirt makers, vendors, secretaries and other workers in the athletic department, stadium groundskeepers, restaurants and hotels near the stadium etc. etc...
                          What do you care? They're all liberals, right?

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

So obviously, you're pointing all of your vitriol at Paterno...
                            Not all of it. Maybe I have something against people with no necks.

And get your facts right, he didn't hold anything on his front yard, they came to him.
                            Same diffy.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

but he is CERTAINLY not the only one to blame in this situation....

Not even close...
                              Totally agree...

...the reality of the situation is likely that the ENTIRE staff eventually found out about this due to clubhouse politics, especially when you consider the fact that Paterno was more or less a figurehead over the past several years. While it was swept under the rug to the public, there's NO DOUBT that more on the staff (Bradley, for example) knew about it and did nothing out of fear for a football program...

...and you can even believe that the NCAA had an idea this was going down...

Over the years, Penn State was one of the...if not THE one...program they could hang their hat on, and I could imagine the NCAA finding out and doing absolutely nothing...corrupt doesn't say the word.

As to the Penn St. culture, that's interesting, and I'm on the fence about this.

SMU was put on the death penalty in 1987 because of years and years of creating a culture of cheating and lying. They were paying players via a booster, and the NCAA stated that, "they had to eliminate a program that was built on wrongdoing, deceit and rules violations."

As many have said here, this issue is so fucking beyond football. As ironic as it is, and as "clean" as this program was with regards to NCAA violations, it created the same thing that has been created at schools like Switzer's Sooners, and Pete Carroll's USC Trojans and Jim Tressell's Ohio State Buckeyes. It created this pantheon for a program that was so larger than life, that folks were allowed to get away with everything under the sun. The difference between SMU, USC, Ohio State and Oklahoma...and Penn St. is that their issues were all covering up players receiving cash in some form (which is likely done in every major program held to these standards, by the way), and involved moronic players.

At Penn St., it involved the coaching staff, and the administration, and who the fuck knows who else. Worse...is it involved minors...minors who were in a program to get help...who ultimately had their life shredded.

No, I don't believe that Penn State should be kicked out of the Big 10...but I DO think that the "death penalty" should be on the table...and not from the NCAA, but from the university themselves. When you have a culture that covers up the raping of young boys in your locker room...and when you have a university full of students that are supporting the COACH, there's something so innately wrong with that...

On top of that, you have players showing up today...100 or so...and will be on the sideline to show support to the football team...and many of these same players are giving money to fucking Sandusky because he "deserves a fair trial..."

That football program needs to be suspended, and no, not for the rest of the season...as a matter of fact, they should play out, or at least play today, because the kids their now deserve to play their last home game, and their last season if they want to.

But I'll be honest...if my son played for that team...I'm not sure he'd be dressing today...

But...after this season...that program needs to be suspended...period..end of story...for at least a year. Clearly, the last ten years have been built on wrongdoing, deceit, and rules violations...no...not NCAA rules violations...but much...much worse...
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Seriously, the Mike Mcqueary situation is exactly what I'm talking about...

I've heard fucking enough about "the whistleblower" bullshit already...and I get it...it's a Pennsylvania law...

...but if I'm president...I'm fucking firing his ass period...and not worrying about repercussions...

We don't know the full story for sure...but with the information that we have...that fucking guy should have been fired first...and it should have been extremely public...

There isn't one of us, of at least the people I know at this forum...that wouldn't have seen what the fucking guy saw in that locker room and picked up the nearest football helmet, and bludgeoned that sick fucker to death. Not one of us...

...and there should be an unspoken rule on ESPN, or any major or minor news outlet...

whenever there's a report on ANYTHING involving this case, the report should start with, "Jerry Sandusky rapes little boys, and will soon be raped by every convict in the Penn State PENILE system." I've had enough of his name getting swept under the rug...

There is some irony there...

That guy needs a daily fucking stoning...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...