Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twobad
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Even the Harvard dropouts working the door don't want to look at Elvis' bag...

Comment

• twobad
      Groupie
      • Jan 2012

I saw two girls turned away at the door for having point n shoot cameras in their purses at the Def Leppard / Poison /Cheap Trick show a few years back- (the policy then was NO CAMERAS) I would NOT risk a camera under those circumstances- HOWEVER, you WILL be safe unless you refuse to lose the tripod or have a TV style camera!

Comment

• twobad
        Groupie
        • Jan 2012

consider sneaking in a collapsible "monopod" - preferably made of fiberglass so you can shoot great video!

hell, go in on "crutches" you can reassemble as a monopod -the Americans with Disabilities Act will shield you from hassle

better yet, throw one down and rest the camera on the other (if you don't have time to mount a "mounting screw" on one
        Last edited by twobad; 06-25-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• twobad
          Groupie
          • Jan 2012

this may be... and I CERTAINLY HOPE IT IS NOT... your last chance to film CVH/the NVH or whatever the fuck you want to call this kick ass band!

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

have your girl put it in her purse.. you should be good to go

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twobad
              I saw two girls turned away at the door for having point n shoot cameras in their purses at the Def Leppard / Poison /Cheap Trick show a few years back- (the policy then was NO CAMERAS) I would NOT risk a camera under those circumstances- HOWEVER, you WILL be safe unless you refuse to lose the tripod or have a TV style camera!
              That's because the band wouldn't allow them. VH is allowing cameras, as previously stated. Where the hell have all of you been the last 6 mos???
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Angel
                That's because the band wouldn't allow them. VH is allowing cameras, as previously stated.
                It's not just Van Halen shows, the industry as a whole has given up on trying to stop it now, with all phones now having cameras and video it is hopeless. You can't tell people they can't bring phones in, so it is pointless to try and stop it, might as well embrace it as Van Halen has done.
                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Have a great time tonight and truly take in and enjoy the show!

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

We waltzed into the show in Buffalo with my Canon 7D and 70-200mm 2.8 lens. After 30 plus years of sneaking even small cameras into shows, I was extremely paranoid about walking in with this rig. Even though I knew VH's policy on this tour, I just couldn't believe I was going to be allowed to just stroll in with this setup. Security never even batted an eye.

Personally, I think this is one of the many cool things VH has done right on this tour. Most bands probably would have given in to the simple point and shoot stuff, and VH fucking sets the new standard by letting us in with true pro rigs, as well as HD video cameras and even audio recording devices. Once again, VH changes the game!

Comment

• mh5150
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2010

I had NO problems in Philly . Walked up and the ticket person ask his boss about cameras. They said anything but professional equipment and tripods .

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                        Where the hell have all of you been the last 6 mos???
                        Hiding from people like you...

Comment

• loucap81
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by mh5150
                          I had NO problems in Philly . Walked up and the ticket person ask his boss about cameras. They said anything but professional equipment and tripods .
                          I wasn't patted down at any of the shows I went to and I have yet to hear of anyone who was.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Enjoy the show people ,,, take shit loads of pics and post lots of reviews .... keep us busy til the next one.
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                              I'm 5th row and this thing takes some great video. By no means am I filming the entire show.
                              Bastard! Those two sentences do NOT go together!
                              I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• loucap81
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2012

Weather down there OK? Judging by weather.com it doesn't look like Tropical Storm Debby is going to interfere with this show or that New Orleans is even in the projected path.

Comment

Working...