X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Gingrich to black people: paychecks, not food aid

I almost didn't post this but it's just to CORRECT to pass up.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said Thursday he is willing to go before the NAACP and urge blacks to demand paychecks, not food stamps.

Gingrich told a town hall meeting at a senior center in Plymouth, N.H., that if the NAACP invites him to its annual convention this year, he'd go there and talk about "why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps."

He also said he'd pitch a new Social Security program aimed at helping young people, particularly African-American males, who he said get the smallest return on Social Security.

Gingrich routinely lambasts President Barack Obama as the "best food stamp president in American history." He also has spoken previously about welcoming an invitation from the NAACP to speak and has been critical of GOP candidates who have not accepted such an invitation.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People had no immediate comment on Gingrich's remarks. His campaign spokesman, R.C. Hammond, said the former Georgia congressman has often said the GOP needs to be inclusive of all Americans.

"He has said since he became a presidential candidate that any Republican should always accept an invitation to speak to the NAACP on any topic," Hammond said.

Gingrich's comments follow those by rival candidate Rick Santorum, a former senator from Pennsylvania who said Sunday that he did not want to "make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

Santorum's comments were criticized by National Urban League President Marc H. Morial as pandering to racist elements within the GOP. Morial also said that 70 percent of people on food stamps are white. The Agriculture Department does not break down food stamp participation rates by race.

NAACP President Ben Jealous also criticized Santorum's remarks.

Food stamp participation and costs have risen under Obama, from 28.2 million participants at a cost of $37.6 billion in 2008 to 44.7 million participants at a cost of $75.3 billion last year, according to federal data of what is officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. The increases followed the steep economic downturn that began in 2008.

Gingrich said if he has a chance to go before the NAACP, he would explain a "brand-new Social Security opportunity" for young people, "which would be particularly good for African-American males, because they are the group that gets the smallest return on Social Security."
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

You know why Newt is so bloated all of the time? Because he's full of shit!

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
      You know why Newt is so bloated all of the time? Because he's full of shit!

The truly idiotic thing (and Repuke dirty little secret) is that the majority of people on welfare are white... but they pander to the mouth-breathers, who gleefully eat it up...
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Newt is just like you Jag......ignorant of the facts and uses generalizations about minorities to make false and idiotic statements!

Guess what race has a higher percentage of people on Welfare?

Of course it's Obama's fault that he inherited the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, caused in great part by the GOP.........the welfare President, please!

I'm thankful that a totally morally bankrupt person like Newt will never be President!

I do think that people receiving benefits should have to work for those benefits and given the opportunity to help themselves out of poverty. Welfare should be a short term thing and not a way of life.
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
          The truly idiotic thing (and Repuke dirty little secret) is that the majority of people on welfare are white... but they pander to the mouth-breathers, who gleefully eat it up...
          Shit.....missed your post
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

LOL, doesn't matter anyway....as if Newt's going to win the nomination, let alone an actual ELECTION...Rick Santorum has a better chance of removing his last name from Google than Newt does at the White House. Or pretty much any other Republican for that matter. If this last year has proven anything it's that the GOP has completely dissolved into a clusterfuck of God praising, finger pointing and self-implosion. Jesus, freedom and job creators, blah blah blah....
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Strictly by numbers, there are more whites, but if you go by percentages, it's about even.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                Shit.....missed your post
                GRATE minds...

The real idiot of the news cycle is Froth....I mean Santorum, who just brought up the ridiculously tiresome "sex should only be for procreation" (and likely only in the missionary position since anything else scares conservatives) zealot rant, and some BS about gay marriage being "the real threat to national security", which got him booed out of an speaking engagement, I was just reading at lunch...

NONE of these f***tards have a chance against Obama.
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Strictly by numbers, there are more whites, but if you go by percentages, it's about even.....
                  But if they actually said that it wouldn't fit the agenda... gotta ratchet up the hate, it's the only shot they've got...and boy is it a longshot this time around.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Valid point and if you go further you could make the argument that, based on total population, blacks have a higher percentage of people collecting welfare than whites, percentage wise.

The thing that I take offense with is they are making it sound like it's only a black problem when in reality it's not just a black issue.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

You guys crack me up.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
                        GRATE minds...

The real idiot of the news cycle is Froth....I mean Santorum, who just brought up the ridiculously tiresome "sex should only be for procreation" (and likely only in the missionary position since anything else scares conservatives) zealot rant, and some BS about gay marriage being "the real threat to national security", which got him booed out of an speaking engagement, I was just reading at lunch...

NONE of these f***tards have a chance against Obama.
                        It almost seems like the GOP has to have a "Crazy Off" to see who can grab the bigger headline!

The GOP is lost and doesn't represent the majority of what the American people want or believe.

All the pandering to one sect of their party only alienates the rest of their party and the majority of the, on the fence, voters.

Which is a good thing because not one of the GOP candidates are worthy of The White House........contrary to what the idiots here think, I'd love a viable alternative to Obama but haven't even seen one person who comes close to that.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                          You guys crack me up.
                          I know.....using facts and logic always puts a smile on my face!

You should try it sometime

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I'll dig into the numbers on Monday. I'm done for the week. And I am the only republican here. I'm not an idiot though. Although I prefer that to dinosaur.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

I don't blame Gingrich for the careful choice of words....

After all, the majority of those whites on welfare will vote Republican until their cows come home....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...