• Show
Clear All
  • JJtheVagPounder
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    No, he isn't. I am.

Verily, David and I hath a deal......

He doesn't try to turn water into wine and raise the dead, and I don't try to sing.

See how easily that works, My son?
    Jesus, your quotes are just too perfect. And thank you for being cool about that drawing. I promise I mean no heresy by it.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by dopie
      Dave, please stop the screaming. The way you sing the first lines to Somebody Get Me A Doctor at the New York gig, for instance, is awful. Just stick to the great melodies. Your voice is at its best in the low/mid registers, as we all can hear on the great Van Halen albums. You can still reach those notes, so there is no need for that strange high pitched voice. I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about here.

And Dave, please pay a bit more attention to your timing. On record it's always perfect, but live, it seems that you sometimes forget the words, so you are too late. Well, find a way to remember them. Don't get me wrong, David Lee Roth has one of the greatest voices in rock and he still can be a great frontman. But most of the time, the live singing could be a lot better. It's not a karaoke show, it's your profession.

So, there I said it.
      Dave will just kick himself when he realises
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        Dave will just kick himself when he realises
        Exactly.......now that it's been pointed out, I'm burning my entire VH/Roth bootleg catalog!

Had I known this earlier, I would of never joined this site!!!!!!!
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Having posts like this from Holland just gives ammo to the anti legalisation lobby...

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

He is giving pot smokers all over the world a bad name
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

does it seem cold in here to you?

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

I love threads like this:

- 'Hey guys, here's my opinion. I couldn't be bothered to do a thread searched and discover that this topic has been discussed endlessly before.'

- No-one agrees.

- 'You guys are all assholes because you don't share my opinion'.

Next.
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chi-town324
                  does it seem cold in here to you?

No but....the smell of stale beer and puke is getting pretty obnoxious

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kwame k
                    He is giving pot smokers all over the world a bad name
                    WHA?
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by binnie
                      I love threads like this:

- 'Hey guys, here's my opinion. I couldn't be bothered to do a thread searched and discover that this topic has been discussed endlessly before.'

- No-one agrees.

- 'You guys are all assholes because you don't share my opinion'.

Next.
                      Throw in an epic meltdown and a good bye cruel world thread or a suicide by mod, for good measure............

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        WHA?
                        I know........

Comment

• Calderone
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

Guys i think you were too hard on dopie ...ok ok This is a beautiful time where we are about to get a killer 13 track disc that im sure will be at level with the
                          our beloved six pack but what Dopie is talking is about the over-use of the new "94pitch" voice.
                          I'm not a basher im one of the biggest dlr fans and im here since the very beggining.
                          But i think the 94 pitch doesn't make sense on the classic tunes, he likes to do it, i know
                          but for the non-die-hard DLRfans it does sound strange.

Take for example Running with the devil from cafe wha :
                          This has Good audio : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx356qjVIAU

The words "no tomorrow" are sung like that in a lower key on purpose !
                          its not that he cant doit on the record, its not that his voice is shot , its not that he is out of key !
                          its because he likes it and he wants to do it like that !

Lets go to the second verse ...same thing ! he likes to do that variations for pure entertainment !
                          It's like his life, he likes to do one thing a minute and another thing the next minute !
                          Third verse same story !
                          Let's go to 2:26 " Ain't got nobody waiting at homeeee" yes the 94pitch is there
                          it doesn't sound good,because the song was not like that but he does that because he wants to do it !
                          It's this way for his own entertainment ! the 94pitch was his new toy when he got it in 1994
                          and the new James brown scream (that's almost replacing his classic one) too !
                          He can do it better if he stick to the original tunes and 70-80's singing style but im sure he would be
                          completely bored , same think happens to Mick Jagger and Gene Simmons who liked to switch words
                          and singing styles, myself , as a singer can completely understand the point and yes , dopie has a point as well.

Comment

• if6was9
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Calderone
                            He can do it better if he stick to the original tunes and 70-80's singing style but im sure he would be completely bored , same think happens to Mick Jagger and Gene Simmons who liked to switch words and singing styles
                            It's typical for ageing rock singers.
                            Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Calderone
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

You meant it's typical for those now-aging rock singers, you are wrong
                              They always did that back in the 70's , i think you didn't read what i post
                              they do that because if they sing the same thing over and over after 100 or more gigs
                              its get boring ! that's why ! i remember a couple of years ago some people complaining
                              at the Accousting DLRBBQ Mean street version ...asking if Dave swallowed Kermit the frog
                              for that voice he did , he chose to do that voice just for fun ! that's all
                              Don't overthink the lyrics , don't overthink the singing styles, it can be anything
                              and i tell you , it's not that Roth's voice is shot , in fact the 94pitch is harder to do than
                              the normal low-mid voice he used from 78-84,but he likes to put lights on it
                              and play with it...now pay attention :

Have you ever driven a muscle car ? have you ever seen how they
                              take off sideways ? it's not because the driver cannot drive or his skills are shot
                              it's for pure fun , that's the same thing here with ROTH'S VOICE ! and don't forget it !

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dopie
                                OK guys. Good luck jerking off on your 1982 Roth posters.
                                I actually find this to be a great line..

Comment

Working...