Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToraToraTora
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2010

No criticism??? On THE ROTH ARMY fan site? Scandalous, fuckin scandalous! (sarcasm)

Comment

• Roth & Roll
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      Now that should prove interesting, since Luciano Pavarotti died like 5 or 6 years ago...
      At least we know Pavarotti won't be the one who's off key
      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dopie, I agree in principle, but on the eve of a historic album and tour from the Mighty Van Halen, You need to shut the fuck up and keep it to yourself.
        You've had since 2006 to bring this up...
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by dopie
          I'm really stunned by the total lack of criticism here. The guy is not Jesus. Nobody seems to even want to know what I mean. I was hoping for a bit of discussion, but this is ridiculous.

Edit: sorry, didn't see Jeromes note. Too busy checking the spelling of words like "ridiculous"!
          Did you notice this is THE Roth Fucking Army? If you want American Idol you are in the wrong place.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Jesus Christ...

It has been almost THREE FUCKING DECADES since the last Van Halen album with Dave.

And out of the woodwork comes all these whiny cunts with advice and nit-picky problems.

Do you know when this was a very unhappy and sparring website (actually, it was all kinda awesome)? 2004. During the lame-ass, pathetic Sammy-VH reunion tour. Sheep were running amok...Dave was rather silent...things looked hopeless.

Now we have everything we've wanted...and there are people determined to be unhappy and finding ways to bitch about Dave.

For God's sake, WARF and Dave were almost French-kissing, a 13-song Van Halen album with Dave including SHE'S THE WOMAN is about to be released, an extensive tour is ready to go with new material, Sammy isn't even being mentioned by these guys and his songs are forgotten...

Yes, this is a time to be happy and enjoy the show.

Whining fuckers.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

I'm really stunned by the total lack of criticism here. The guy is not Jesus. Nobody seems to even want to know what I mean. I was hoping for a bit of discussion, but this is ridiculous.
              It's the Diamond David Lee Roth Army here...

I must admit that I see what you mean, Dave sang certain verse parts higher than usual,
              like one line at a higher pitch than the following one...
              I dunno, maybe he was too excited to play and had to exteriorise his excitement this way?
              Is it that blamable?
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

what Rikk said
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

really?

roth jesus.jpg
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Nah man. No one here thinks Dave is the greatest singer of all time. It's the whole package that makes him great. Not knowing what the next thing he will sing, say or do is half the fun. Sure some things bug me, like in panama.....shes flyin im flyin? Whatever. Im just happy hes doing panama. Just drink more so it all makes sense.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Edit: sorry, didn't see Jeromes note. Too busy checking the spelling of words like "ridiculous"!
                      Not Jesus But A Rock GOD
                      Last edited by Dan; 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM. Reason: For Crying Out Loud
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• neuralfraud
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Aug 2010

Well i have nothing of value to add so instead I will just ramble.

Listen,

If you want to hear good timing, on-key notes and word-for-word accuracy then what the hell are you doing seeing or watching live shows?

I'll give you one - the screaming is a bit awkward, but if you pay attention to the 2k7/2k8 videos he was much more dialed in.

Me personally? I'l wait for a few vids of thew first few gigs start poppin up on youtube before I make my judgement.

Have you ever been in a band? I have and I'll say this. At first I was a uptight jackass and I wanted my singer (death/heavy metal band) to be perfect but instead he wanted to get piss drunk, sing when he wanted to and just be a jackass. After a while I realized "hey, you know.. he might as well be fucking DLR up there.. " and like that I turned to him and said "You do whatever the fuck you want." and you know what? it kicked ass... then he broke his ankle got a dui and couldn't travel to practice; the bassplayer moved to fucking fort lauderdale, I had a kid and like that it was ALL OVER with.. fucking bitch! all his fucking fault! god damn singers..

There is a point to all of this.. let the man sing how he sings man, that's part of the magic. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by expecting him to replicate his recorded performances, instead, expect Diamond Dave and you will absolutely enjoy it.

Comment

• dopie
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Nov 2006

OK guys. Good luck jerking off on your 1982 Roth posters.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

who does that?
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Dave, please stop the screaming. The way you sing the first lines to Somebody Get Me A Doctor at the New York gig, for instance, is awful. Just stick to the great melodies. Your voice is at its best in the low/mid registers, as we all can hear on the great Van Halen albums. You can still reach those notes, so there is no need for that strange high pitched voice. I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about here.

And Dave, please pay a bit more attention to your timing. On record it's always perfect, but live, it seems that you sometimes forget the words, so you are too late. Well, find a way to remember them. Don't get me wrong, David Lee Roth has one of the greatest voices in rock and he still can be a great frontman. But most of the time, the live singing could be a lot better. It's not a karaoke show, it's your profession.

So, there I said it.
                              AL !!! Jezzz, just talk to Dave in person, this isn't really the best way, just call him on the phone...say, sometimes you upset my timing and I am the bottom end holding this music fast to the rock. Dave is a understanding sort of fellow and can take some critisism..sak up!

I like Dave's exclamation points, on the old classics, but this is a good post you posted (not Al)..even though I like the way DLR mixes it up, you have the right to say what you will.

I like the stories the banter it gives everyone a break. If you want solid structure to the Album go see Madonna she lip syncs to her stuff the whole show and still charges 500 $ a chair ..nice work if you can get it .

Mutha On Bitches!
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2009

Go fuck yourself jackass.

Comment

Working...