Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno what gives ? IP addresses ?

I tried the old sound recorder in XP but it only records 60 secs.Not gonna upload it if we will get into shit.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      To me Tattoo sounds like a total Dave song, he's very centre stage on this one.
      Do you like it Sesh ? Its really surprised me
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• I think letting people hear the preview would have been fine. The existing one on US Amazon is pretty dumb, unless you are a big fan it wouldn't be enough to make you buy it, the one with the later 30 seconds with the chorus would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
          To me Tattoo sounds like a total Dave song, he's very centre stage on this one.
          Dave center stage in van halen
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamark View Post
            Do you like it Sesh ? Its really surprised me
            Yeah I haven't been commenting on it up until now because all the other preview gave us was a pretty non descript verse but the prechorus is good and the chorus hook is great. I like the Dave talky bit too.

It has to be said though there isn't a whole lot of music in it. If it continues with say a little middle bit and then a standard issue Eddie guitar solo then there may be a degree of 'meh' from the heavy metal Eddie widdle part of the audience. It's not miles away from the vibe of 'Don't Piss Me Off'.

Back in my/our day it used to be that rock bands would release quite a heavy single for their niche audience and then follow it up with the commercial one.

E.g the first single from Appetite for Destruction was 'It's So Easy', 'Yankee Rose' first then 'Goin Crazy' even Def Leppard with 'Women' and then 'Animal'.

Different days I guess.
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-09-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Its 410k I think thats over the limit...
              Hang on
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

I dunno what gives ? IP addresses ?
                I hope they don't fuck things up internationally with a gap. You sometimes get into the situation where you can easily illegally download something but there is no way to get it legally without waiting.

Comment

• No Dice guys, file is legal, about 60 secs, but it exceeds upload size here.
                  Anywhere elses I can park it without having to sign up for crap ?

I can email it to someone ? Have to crash in about 30 mins

(Just sending preview *NOT* illegal shit, just for Sesh
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Actually, I dont want to fuck up our new friendship with DDE.
                    Sorry guys, not long to wait, its really worth it !
                    Fuck , I havent had that feeling since the 80's listening to a new song.
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

No Dice guys, file is legal, about 60 secs, but it exceeds upload size here.
                      Anywhere elses I can park it without having to sign up for crap ?

I can email it to someone ? Have to crash in about 30 mins

(Just sending preview *NOT* illegal shit, just for Sesh
                      Can i get a bit of that?

Fucking chrome will not let me get itunes.Bah guess i gotta wait
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Guys you can buy the mp3 here - ignore the warning about not being in NZ and enjoy.

Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-09-2012, 11:44 AM. Reason: To fix url

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhalenuk View Post
                          Guys you can buy the mp3 here - ignore the warning about not being in NZ and enjoy.

http://www.digirama.co.nz/albumdetai...ediaID=3109789
                          Got "Page not found"

EDIT: But found it by going through the front page of the site.
                          Last edited by negative; 01-09-2012, 09:47 AM. Reason: Found it

Comment

• Thanks VH-UK I can crash now

This album is gonna kick ass
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• The post above is truncating the link - make sure you are hitting

"http://www.digirama.co.nz/albumdetails.aspx?MediaID=3109789"

Comment

• Listened to the longer preview.

Im gonna take the fire now, but im not digging it. It sounds boring and forced. I know I'll dig more of the album if "Shes's The Woman" type rockers are on there. I think it was a bad idea to lead with this song instead of STW.

Its like the A&R guy telling them to lead with "Fools" instead of " Take Your Whiskey...".

I'll give it chance though....

Let the vitriol commence.....
                                Last edited by K-tuna; 01-09-2012, 10:22 AM.
                                "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

Working...
                                X