The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fifth element
    Commando
    • Nov 2010

one last comment, then off to bed.....
    after listening to the song every 5-10 minutes all night/morning long....

i love it, love it, love it!!!!!!

love the music, the lyrics and, (yes, i know it goes against the mojority), but I love the video.
    Dave looks happy
    Eddie looks happy
    Wolfie looks happy
    Alex looks happy

and best yet...they all look happy TOGETHER!!!!

Many, many thanks go out this day to the friend who taught me to love this band....you know who you are...
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ashstralia
      they will yount. for sure. there's ya first thanks.
      hey ash i'm a long time member... just cleaning the slate starting new right here i say! guess who?

(nobody special!!)

Comment

• Yount
        Commando
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fifth element

love the music, the lyrics and, (yes, i know it goes against the mojority), but I love the video.
        Dave looks happy
        Eddie looks happy
        Wolfie looks happy
        Alex looks happy

Many, many thanks go out this day to the friend who taught me to love this band....you know who you are...
        I remember first getting into Van Halen and Dave RUBBED MY NOSE OUTTA JOINT!!!!!
        God did that motherfucker grow on me. He SEEMED like a SHOW PONY but then it hit me like a skyscraper.
        I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD SHOWMANSHIP and TONGUE IN CHEEK. Ah DAve, I bow down to thee...

Comment

• fifth element
          Commando
          • Nov 2010

ive seen so many new names in the last 2 weeks that i'm pretty sure there are as many new as there are old....and as many RETURNING members as .........well, you get the picture...

at any rate, whoever you are...errrrrr....were.....

welcome back!!!!!!!
          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            I have no idea why Chickenpoop fans hang out in VH world ?
            Do they want the "poop" to disband and Sammy to sing
            Dreams again ?
            I noticed at the Links there are typically about 700 people discussing Van Halen these days, and about 10 discussing Chickenfoot - and that's a Sammy-friendly site!!!!!! The numbers don't lie - Chickenfoot is so boring, even the Sammy fans would rather talk about Van Halen.

Comment

• Yount
              Commando
              • Jan 2012

Dave looks happy
              Eddie looks happy
              Wolfie looks happy
              Alex looks happy

I remember first getting into Van Halen and Dave RUBBED MY NOSE OUTTA JOINT!!!!!
              God did that motherfucker grow on me. He SEEMED like a SHOW PONY but then it hit me like a skyscraper.
              I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD SHOWMANSHIP and TONGUE IN CHEEK. Ah DAve, I bow down to thee...

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Yount
                I'm out of thanks ....AGAIN!!....

but thank you.

Comment

• Yount
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2012

I'm out of thanks ....AGAIN!!....

but thank you.
                  Woman now woman now silly games you playyeah! (Didn't you, didn't you?!)
                  Feel 'n me trouble stoke me awaya yeah oooh
                  say'n that you leaving i don't wanna hear that talk
                  stare in disbelief when i just up and walk
                  Outta thanks again
                  Outta thanks WOOOOOOOOOOAHWOWWWWW!!!... once again, AHHHHH!!

Comment

• Yount
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2012

wow wow wow wah
                    wow we woo hah
                    wow wow wow wah
                    wow wih wow ah
                    (Ed's solo!)

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Since i got the track yesterday it is pretty much been on repeat and i could not help but think,If i am completely smitten by this song how the hell must you guys and gal's who were there from day one feel.I mean how great is this.In my younger years i liked van hagar and pretty much thought nothing important took place before 1985.Only really been a DLR freak the past 7 or 8 years.You guys who were there in 1978,I gotta say i am really happy for you with all the new van halen news,The album and tour and what ever else is coming our way.All the shit slinging between Dave and the rest of the band.The 1996 stuff.You guys have put up with a world of shit from the band and you deserve everything that this year is bringing.It's a great time to be a CVH fan.(Sorry for gushing at you all but ya know)

Anyhow.Love the song.Got the album on pre order (deluxe version).Thank you Van Halen

Roth on all you crazy guys and gal's
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                        Since i got the track yesterday it is pretty much been on repeat and i could not help but think,If i am completely smitten by this song how the hell must you guys and gal's who were there from day one feel.I mean how great is this.In my younger years i liked van hagar and pretty much thought nothing important took place before 1985.Only really been a DLR freak the past 7 or 8 years.You guys who were there in 1978,I gotta say i am really happy for you with all the new van halen news,The album and tour and what ever else is coming our way.All the shit slinging between Dave and the rest of the band.The 1996 stuff.You guys have put up with a world of shit from the band and you deserve everything that this year is bringing.It's a great time to be a CVH fan.(Sorry for gushing at you all but ya know)

Anyhow.Love the song.Got the album on pre order (deluxe version).Thank you Van Halen

Roth on all you crazy guys and gal's
                        As a fan going back to '81, I love the song. I think Tattoo is a fitting comeback for Eddie and Dave in the studio and it definitely took me back to how I felt in the early days. I spent my entire 30 minute lunchbreak sitting in my car outside the office today, listening to Tattoo on repeat. Then listened to it another five times all the way home.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Halen High
                          As a fan going back to '81, I love the song. I think Tattoo is a fitting comeback for Eddie and Dave in the studio and it definitely took me back to how I felt in the early days. I spent my entire 30 minute lunchbreak sitting in my car outside the office today, listening to Tattoo on repeat. Then listened to it another five times all the way home.
                          Bet ya got some funny looks in the car .I put the song on my mp3 player and broke into dance at the bus stop yesterday.I tried not to but meh i said to myself "fuck,this is a historic day,Im gonna dance".Now that got some odd looks
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

a different kind of genius. whew. worth the wait? most certainly.

this album (please do a vinyl one important people, we'll buy it!) is going to sound terrific. i just feel it in me bones.

Comment

• Halen High
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                              Bet ya got some funny looks in the car .I put the song on my mp3 player and broke into dance at the bus stop yesterday.I tried not to but meh i said to myself "fuck,this is a historic day,Im gonna dance".Now that got some odd looks
                              HA HA! If only they could hear what you were dancing too. Come to think of it, you sound perfect for the next Van Halen video. Send your CV to Dave's management NOW!

Comment

• Halen High
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                                a different kind of genius. whew. worth the wait? most certainly.

this album (please do a vinyl one important people, we'll buy it!) is going to sound terrific. i just feel it in me bones.
                                I REALLY hope they do a vinyl version. I know Dave said in that clip that there would be no vinyl release but maybe they will......

Comment

Working...