The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjvhou812
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i dont know. i feel like i just hit the lottery.....bring on the halen bitches
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

As for the audio synch, let us just say that they apparently did not go for absolutely "perfect" lip-synch. Slopie is going to have a cow now.

Comment

• Whorehey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

4AM, and not up on Rhapsody yet...kinda bummed. Fuck it, check my FB before I go to bed, and the vid's up....hello!!! Great tune
        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• bru87tr
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

The video rocks, Eddie sounds great, his solo is excellent and I love the outro.

Dave in full form!!! These guys showed they still had the magic in 1996 and they show it 16 years later just how special they still are TOGETHER.

Bravo!!!
          "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Well, I've listened to it a couple of times... I'll buy it from iTunes.

But... Is it just me, or does it sound a bit like a prolonged farewell?
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• -=VH=-
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jan 2012

perfect warm up song for the album; catchy and full rich sound....
              "I am a victim of the science age..."

Comment

• Maggi
                Groupie
                • Feb 2004

was about time ...

about the lipsync issue, here's one of my favorite quotes from Dave himself "I forgot the fucking words"

sound like an instant classic to me, covers about everything I expected

anybody got a clue why there literally no coverage in Germany about this historic event ?

Roth on y'all !
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I'm not female ...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Coyote

do you expect this band to die with their boots on? one day there will be a farewell and since then I'm happy with what they still bring on the table...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Maggi
                    was about time ...

about the lipsync issue, here's one of my favorite quotes from Dave himself "I forgot the fucking words"

sound like an instant classic to me, covers about everything I expected

anybody got a clue why there literally no coverage in Germany about this historic event ?

Roth on y'all !
                    SAT1...Videotext or RTL...that's it...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Coyote

There is magic in this one. Get your best headphones and listen several times.
                      Suddenly it will hit you. If it is their farewell album, I will be very happy if all
                      the tracks have that magic that Van Halen only seems to be able to conjure.
                      Im getting chill rushes so bad now after listening to it for 24 hours that
                      I have to keep stopping myself and going off for a short walk, with a smile
                      as big as the fucking sun ! Never thought we would get this, but never gave
                      up hope. Coyote my old mate, get back to us after a few more listens
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                        do you expect this band to die with their boots on? one day there will be a farewell and since then I'm happy with what they still bring on the table...
                        Likewise, but there's just something weird about this track. Can't put my finger on it...

Nah, I'm just overanalyzing. I wanna hear the rest of the album!
                        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Maggi
                          Groupie
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                          SAT1...Videotext or RTL...that's it...
                          wow ... what a rush ...

Thx DLN !

Back in August, I contacted one of the more rocking radio stations here in Hamburg and nobody seemed to be interested at all.

Yesterday, I sent them another mail and today I sent them even the link to the vimeo clip, but still not a single reply ... :/

go figure
                          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I'm not female ...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

NICE !!! Great song it took a few listens but I love it ! I think their back !!!! Cool solo by Ed. Not his old tone but still up front enough in the mix for me

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

The video was already posted in the "Official Tattoo Review Thread."

I sense a thread closure coming...
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                                As for the audio synch, let us just say that they apparently did not go for absolutely "perfect" lip-synch. Slopie is going to have a cow now.
                                That just might be You Tube, half the shit on there is out of sync !

Comment

Working...