The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Let's just break this down to the lowest common demoninator here...If you go to a Sammy show you have a coupla shots of Cabo Whatever and say to your girlfriend, "are you having a good time honey?" If you go to a Van Fuckin' Halen show you take a couple pulls off a bottle of Jack and then, after the third song, you look at your girlfriend and say "if you don't like this there's something wrong with you"...

At a Hagar show you hug your girlfriend. At a Van Halen show you hug someone elses.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

At a Van Halen show the chicks flash their tits
      At a Van Hagar show Sammy flashes his.
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

at a Van Hagar show...you bring your girlfriend...and share a hug...

at a Van Halen show...you bring your girlfriend, her friend and her friend...and spend the night with all 3...

Comment

• Halen High
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          I spent primary school years in Adelaide and went to Rundle Mall lots of times, I would have seen this store, if it cant exist in
          Rundle, thats really bad signs. Hope Andromeda is still there in 3 weeks !
          Yeah I remember you lived here for a while. The Muses was in Regent Arcade next to Harris Scarfe. It moved a couple of times and finally shut just before Christmas. Downloads and stores like JBs killed it. Andromeda was/is very cool. The kind of place where the dudes behind the counter look like either guys from Wayne's World or just total metal heads! Lots of rare recordings, bootlegs, posters all over the joint...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Tattoo is a bit of a creeper.
            Didn't necessarily register boldly with me on the first couple of listens, but after a few more it's stuck in there.
            I like it.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
              At a Hagar show you hug your girlfriend. At a Van Halen show you hug someone elses.
              Damn, that was fantastic.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Christ...this is turning into a Chuck Norris thread...lmfao...

Va will get a kick out of this...

at a Van Hagar show, you get piss drunk and face the opposite way the entire time he's onstage after having moved 50 rows back, and find yourself talking to Santa Claus at a picnic table by the beer stand...

at a Van Halen show, you get piss drunk, blow out your voice, end the night with a blazing headache from screaming for 2 1/2 hours, get laid...then spend the night trying to find the assholes that put the cardboard under your windshield wipers that said Hagar was better (they, by the way, were likely tucked into their beds by 9:00 with their fucking binkys in the their mouths...fucking assholes)...

Okay...so it was Van Hagar or Van Halen...but same fucking difference...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  Christ...this is turning into a Chuck Norris thread...lmfao...

Va will get a kick out of this...

at a Van Hagar show, you get piss drunk and face the opposite way the entire time he's onstage after having moved 50 rows back, and find yourself talking to Santa Claus at a picnic table by the beer stand...

at a Van Halen show, you get piss drunk, blow out your voice, end the night with a blazing headache from screaming for 2 1/2 hours, get laid...then spend the night trying to find the assholes that put the cardboard under your windshield wipers that said Hagar was better (they, by the way, were likely tucked into their beds by 9:00 with their fucking binkys in the their mouths...fucking assholes)...

Okay...so it was Van Hagar or Van Halen...but same fucking difference...
                  LMFAO... Ain't that the fucking truth....

Picture this, folks...

Rewind the tape back to 2002....

Bette takes the stage, as the opening act that he only deserves to be compared to Dave...

[ Pojo and VA are already more than half in the bag, by the way.... ]

Pojo gives Bette the double bird....

Later, Pojo turns around and refuses to face him....

Later, Pojo walks to the band of the ampitheater's seating area, refusing to get near Bette....

Later, Pojo can't take enough of Bette and is forced to go out to the concession area until Bette leaves the stage....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

So I fucking walk to concessions....and I wasn't half in the bag...I was hammered. Didn't we put away a case in the parking lot?...or close to it...plus two or three of those monster bastards at the show...

so anyways...I stumble off at the Walnut Creek amp (at the time...that's what it was called) through the pine trees to the fucking concessions area...and there was a picnic table...and I shit you not, fucking Santa Clause was sitting there...I end up talking VH with Santa Clause for about 20 minutes (he prefers roth, by the way)...

before returning...and finding Sobolewski onstage...which prompted dry heaves...

Wasn't it at this point that hotdog & a shake started dancing with his girlfriend, only to get popped in the back of the head by the both of us?
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• scottydabodi
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      YESH.
                      If you listen to fools
                      The Mob Rules

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Maybe I dropped some acid...but I'm telling you...I talked to fucking Santa Clause...he had on a white wife-beater, suspenders, and had a cane...

hmmmm...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                          before returning...and finding Sobolewski onstage...which prompted dry heaves...

Wasn't it at this point that hotdog & a shake started dancing with his girlfriend, only to get popped in the back of the head by the both of us?
                          That's right !! I forgot Mike came onstage with Bette....

And yes, we were pounding Hotdog, don't ask me why though...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I think pojo's imaginary friend may have been Sham in disguise...

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Feb 2004

I wouldn't know what it's like to go to a Sammy Hagar show - I'm not a pillow-biting fag.
                              http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SNIPER
                                And of course I will not say where, who, or even post it in any shape, way or form..
                                betcha it's one of two record stores in boise
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...