She's the woman (wha version) with clear dlr vocals!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDABOAT1
    Groupie
    • Dec 2011

She's the woman (wha version) with clear dlr vocals!!

Best version I've heard yet!

• nitroDave23
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

Best for sure so far!

Jim Florentine's putting out more audio in his next Pod cast,hopefully this one will be included.

Comment

• mdk1967
      Roadie
      • Feb 2004

Nice! ...Getting ready to add it to my video of the show - lotta work but it'll be cool when it's done.

Comment

• CDABOAT1
        Groupie
        • Dec 2011

Thanks everyone. Found this on my radio app for iTunes. Anywhoo.... I wonder if anyone will put together all of the videos of the Wha? gig so that we can get a complete set of the show?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Great clip!

Oh dear.

Comment

• mdk1967
            Roadie
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by CDABOAT1
            Thanks everyone. Found this on my radio app for iTunes. Anywhoo.... I wonder if anyone will put together all of the videos of the Wha? gig so that we can get a complete set of the show?
            I'm currently putting together/working on that very thing, dude. Keep your eyes open for complete video footage of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love and Jump on the web (other than Youtube) and let me know if you find any.

Comment

• CDABOAT1
              Groupie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mdk1967
              I'm currently putting together/working on that very thing, dude. Keep your eyes open for complete video footage of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love and Jump on the web (other than Youtube) and let me know if you find any.
              Absolutely bro. I will do that. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

• CDABOAT1
                Groupie
                • Dec 2011

I'm wondering if the CD version of She's The Woman will bear some resemblance to She's My Machine just from a DLR vocal flow and cadence. Hmmmm.....

Comment

• redfire
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

That sounds very faithful to the original, even the breakdown before the solo. It's not the same breakdown they inserted into Mean Street, but it seems comparable. That was always my favorite part of She's the Woman. Bottom line, it's still a fun song.

Also, based on how faithful this song is, I'm expecting Bullethead to be the same badass song it was 30 years ago.
                  Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• CDABOAT1
                    Groupie
                    • Dec 2011

Always my favorite song from the Demo Bootlegs for sure. Just has that vibe. Really wish they would have released this as the first single. But ya know what? I'm sure releasing 2 or more songs from a CD to the radio stations may have been done before.. Of course, these days.. all the better if your name is Bieber, Katie Perry or Brittney Spears.... crap, I'm starting another topic. Back to She's The Woman... "doin business with ya honey".. great lyrics, Dave! Love ya!!

Comment

• academic punk
                      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Dave's delivery in the verses is definitely kissing cousins with "She's My Machine". Not a bad thing at all at all at all

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Great find! That sounds amazing compared to what is out there! The vocals are very clear!
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by redfire
                          That sounds very faithful to the original, even the breakdown before the solo. It's not the same breakdown they inserted into Mean Street, but it seems comparable. That was always my favorite part of She's the Woman. Bottom line, it's still a fun song.

Also, based on how faithful this song is, I'm expecting Bullethead to be the same badass song it was 30 years ago.
                          Wb Redfire. I remember you.

Roth On!
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• redfire
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                            Dave's delivery in the verses is definitely kissing cousins with "She's My Machine". Not a bad thing at all at all at all
                            Great call. YFLM is definitely an acquired taste, but She's my Machine was a really good song.
                            Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• redfire
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                              Wb Redfire. I remember you.

Roth On!
                              Thanks, it's nice to be back. Not being in law school helps with free time.
                              Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

Working...