Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I don't have a problem with people giving constructive criticism with any of the things given to us by the band since the 26th announcement...

But I will always look at those from the big picture....

We've been here since 1999, most of the oldtimers here on a DAILY basis, while the band gave us absolutely fucking NOTHING....

And that includes the entire timeframe of the 2007-2008 tour.... Basically the band went on tour, kept their mouth shut, and that was pretty much it....

But now, with the new album in the can, the band went out of their way, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to reach out to their longtime fanbases here, at VHND and at VHLinks....

That, to me, is so fucking cool of them.... I'd like to buy a beer to whoever made that recommendation, I'll tell you that.....

And now, 2 1/2 weeks before the new album is released, we've been getting exclusive videos and pics directly from the band.... The new single/video has been released, and the YRGM acoustic video was just released....

Is "Tattoo" the next "Unchained"? Of course not.... Is the YRGM video performance the next "Hot For Teacher" video? No, but it's obvious, to me anyway, that it was never the band's intention to make it like that.....

So what I'm saying is: Look at the big picture, wait for ADKOT to be released, and enjoy all of this for what it's worth....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I don't have a problem with people giving constructive criticism with any of the things given to us by the band since the 26th announcement...

We've been here since 1999, most of the oldtimers here on a DAILY basis, while the band gave us absolutely fucking NOTHING....

And that includes the entire timeframe of the 2007-2008 tour.... Basically the band went on tour, kept their mouth shut, and that was pretty much it....

But now, with the new album in the can, the band went out of their way, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to reach out to their longtime fanbases here, at VHND and at VHLinks....

That, to me, is so fucking cool of them.... I'd like to buy a beer to whoever made that recommendation, I'll tell you that.....

And now, 2 1/2 weeks before the new album is released, we've been getting exclusive videos and pics directly from the band.... The new single/video has been released, and the YRGM acoustic video was just released....

Is "Tattoo" the next "Unchained"? Of course not.... Is the YRGM video performance the next "Hot For Teacher" video? No, but it's obvious, to me anyway, that it was never the band's intention to make it like that.....

So what I'm saying is: Look at the big picture, wait for ADKOT to be released, and enjoy all of this for what it's worth....

My feelings exactly. Pretty much sums up where I was going back in post #133.

You don't have to love everything Ed and Dave do. But after a drought that lasted as long as it did, you also shouldn't come out ready to shit on them for something that is less than "stellar."

Well said, VA.
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• sinner's swing
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

The fact that the YRGM video is a free bonus that's not included for any kind of sale speaks VOLUMES to me about the new direction. It's what everyone has always wanted but to some it still isn't good enough. I just look at the bigger picture.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Everyone has been screaming for years "open the vault!, open the vault!!"

Well the door is slowly opening, relax and enjoy what we find inside.

It won't all be perfect.
          WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I just hope all the negativity that can be found here and abroad doesn't crack ole Ed's fragile psyche and drive him back to the bottle, or he may just burn the vaults down out of spite.

Comment

• sinner's swing
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              I just hope all the negativity that can be found here and abroad doesn't crack ole Ed's fragile psyche and drive him back to the bottle, or he may just burn the vaults down out of spite.

I've been holding my breath for weeks

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

That was kick ass. Nothing wrong with that at all. Never done, never seen, never heard before. Better than any bootleg we could have hoped for.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Everybody seems to be taking shots at Dave's voice, but was it really that much better back in the day? I mean listen to tracks like 'Bump And Grind' and 'Big Trouble' and he was singing in that strained range back then... i truly think the major difference between Dave's voice then and now is how Templeman captured it.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think there's enough positive reaction to offset the smaller volume of negative responses.

I could be wrong... but I don't think the Van Halen brothers had some glorious awakening nor did they hand the reins over to Dave to manage PR as some have speculated. Neither faction has opened up to the fans nor the interweb the way things have the last 3-4 weeks.

I strongly believe this is all the result of the Interscope signing and whoever is managing the Van Halen account over clearly has a solid grasp of the power of the internet and leveraging the fan base.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I guess I am getting old but I don't listen to things over and over again anymore. Once I have heard it, I've heard it. Same with Tattoo. I like this version of YRGM better than tattoo. It's fuckin kickass. I want more of that shit and I want it right fuckin now!

Comment

• fourthcoming

"Excellent guys, that was sexy".......friggin hysterical. Good to see the boys actually look like they don't want to kill each other anymore.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          I think there's enough positive reaction to offset the smaller volume of negative responses.

I could be wrong... but I don't think the Van Halen brothers had some glorious awakening nor did they hand the reins over to Dave to manage PR as some have speculated. Neither faction has opened up to the fans nor the interweb the way things have the last 3-4 weeks.

I strongly believe this is all the result of the Interscope signing and whoever is managing the Van Halen account over clearly has a solid grasp of the power of the internet and leveraging the fan base.
                          Outstanding post
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

I'd love to see the Table of Organization given Dave's management, the Van Halen's management and Interscope.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                              Outstanding post
                              Please don't encourage ZahZoo to post more... you'll be sorry.

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Ha!!!!!!!!!
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...