• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
    Also John Paul Young with "Love is in the air."
    Hard to believe that piece of shit was produced by the same guys (Vanda & Young) who produced Ac/Dc's first 5 albums, ain't it?
    (Or first 6, if you count the live album)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Yount
      Too bad I'm down under. Even less exposure out here. You only meet some nerd at a pub once every 3 years who likes Europe. Honest. Although everybody knows The Final Countdown.
      Even though the lineup is their classic linup from 1982-1984 they discussed not using the name "Europe" for the band going forward because they wanted to do something comepletely different and knew "TFC" was a double edged sword in the new millenium. Their new music is still melodic but with a MUCH sharper edge. They headlined the final day of the Bloodstock Open Air Festival in 2009 (and were voted best act center stage), something they could never have pulled off with Countdown era material.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
        My definition of "doing a lot with a little" is a band like Poison. (Apologies if they've already been mentioned, but I'm too lazy to read all the posts...)

Poison really sucked in terms of musicianship (personal opinion), but they managed to craft an image and garner a following with music that was ultimately forgettable and subpar.

And they're still able to do it today, even though they've become more of an 80's nostalgia act than anything else...
        Despite the general, conventional tastes of America being located near the lowest common denominator, I am honestly astounded that Poison are still chugging along.

Had anyone told me twenty five years ago that Poison would still be releasing music and touring in 2012, I would've laughed at them.

Same goes for Bon Jerkoff.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

I think in a lot of cases with those bands, it's just damn hard work. Always have something out there to buy, and always be on the road.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by gbranton
            The last three albums haven't been promoted in the States (but have won Grammys and topped the charts in their home market) but they have a new one (Bag of Bones) coming in April, produced by Kevin Shirley. Using a big name producer like that I think means they are going to try generate some interest in America again.
            Most recent clip from the studio:

Last edited by gbranton; 02-03-2012, 04:39 PM.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

This is a damn good thread
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Poison. Not a lot of talent turned out a lot of hit song's.

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Katrina and the waves - walkin on sunshine...

Peace to all

-Pana
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Holy shit! Did Panamark just pop in? Where the F have you been man?

Comment

Working...