X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Gary Numan and the track "Cars"

That tune has been remade, rereleased (and recharted) by Numan at least half a dozen times since the early 1980s.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
      Gary Numan and the track "Cars"

That tune has been remade, rereleased (and recharted) by Numan at least half a dozen times since the early 1980s.
      Now that suits this threads topic ions more than Frampton. I get it, Frampton Comes Alive was as big as he got, but atleast he's always been a great guitarist with some great music (along with some bad) and an interesting voice. I've enjoyed studying the span of his career just as much as I have Cheap Trick's. Could never say the same for Gary Numan. Cars and the song the Foo's covered are all I know about that guy, and I ain't particularly interested to hear anything else.

My contribution to this thread? Magic by the band Pilot. Everybody knows it. Everybody loves it (ah yes you do). Many (including my old band) have redone it and it just won't ever go away. Those guys, where ever the fuck they are are still in shock that they won the Win for Life with that lil' nugget. Hats off to Pilot. Fucking Pilot.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        A Flock Of Seagulls - still touring off that one damn record.

HAHA! I loved that cassette way back when I was a youngster. But yeah.

Been thinking of a lot of 1-hit wonders, but really for the thread I'm staying away from those. Looking for more the ones that did 1 big thing & then stuck with that for the career.

Tommy Tutone still tours now & then. I kinda wish he'd just fuck Jenny & get it over with already.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Twisted Sister sure made a career from the album "Stay Hungry". Which kicks ass, but I prefer their earlier albums. The song "Shoot em' Down" would have sounded great if it was on the soundtrack for "First Blood".

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
            Commando
            • Apr 2006

Meat fuckin'loaf! His whole career has pretty much been "Bat out of Hell" What part is he workin' on now,4"? Jeezus?
            [

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
              Meat fuckin'loaf! His whole career has pretty much been "Bat out of Hell" What part is he workin' on now,4"? Jeezus?

HAHA!

There we go. That's a great one for the list.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, by now I doubt there are any bats left in Hell. Guess somebody should ask Satan about that?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Mike Oldfield.

Has that guy done anything beyond "Tubular Bells"?
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Europe,"The Final Countdown".They have done 8 other albums but you cannot escape "da da da daaaa da da da da daaaa"
                    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Yount
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      Europe,"The Final Countdown".They have done 8 other albums but you cannot escape "da da da daaaa da da da da daaaa"
                      I really REALLY like the first 2 albums "Self titled" and "Wings Of Tomorrow" and I've only met one other person in my whole entire life who has heard them and agrees. One!! So I guess people don't like. Some good tracks like Scream Of Anger, In The Future To Come, So Long Fare Well, Seven Doors Hotel, Paradize Bay, Memories (my fave), and Treated Bad Again.
                      1983-1984 with Tony Reno on drums.
                      This was before The Final Pay Cheque

BTW they cashed in again on that song in 1999-2000 New Year's Eve for obvious reasons
                      Last edited by Yount; 01-31-2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I think we're starting to confuse the notion of "making a lot with a little" with the phenomena of "one hit wonders"....
                        Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                          Yeah, by now I doubt there are any bats left in Hell. Guess somebody should ask Satan about that?
                          Yes, but if you recall Meatloaf's follow-up was "Back Into Hell" (or something like that) so perhaps they returned?
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Yount
                            I really REALLY like the first 2 albums "Self titled" and "Wings Of Tomorrow" and I've only met one other person in my whole entire life who has heard them and agrees. One!! So I guess people don't like. Some good tracks like Scream Of Anger, In The Future To Come, So Long Fare Well, Seven Doors Hotel, Paradize Bay, Memories (my fave), and Treated Bad Again.
                            1983-1984 with Tony Reno on drums.
                            This was before The Final Pay Cheque

BTW they cashed in again on that song in 1999-2000 New Year's Eve for obvious reasons
                            Great new's then,You have just met a second .First two albums were great.I love Seven Doors Hotel and Scream Of Anger
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Its hard not to start thinking one hit wonders here..

FORD, I reckon you could almost mark down "Rock and Roll Swindle" as
                              an unofficial/official pistols album.. Purists would disagree but most of them
                              were on that soundtrack in some form. Strangely I think their biggest selling
                              singles under the "Sex Pistols" moniker came from that album.
                              Bollocks still sounds great today (like CVH)

I know, what about Steppenwolf?

Born to be wild, milkage much ?

Career right there....
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                                I think we're starting to confuse the notion of "making a lot with a little" with the phenomena of "one hit wonders"....

Yeah. there IS a difference. Hmmm. What about Supertramp & Breakfast In America? I hate to toss them in here because that is some of the most classic rock ever. But.....if it fits, it fits.

Comment

Working...