Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devildawg
    Full On Cocktard
    • Feb 2006

Well, I can see that persons point. My opinion, but that is a little too far. Again, my opinion. That person needs to remember that Dave is writing lyrics for us average "Joes". Whatever sells I guess.

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by devildawg
      Well, I can see that persons point. My opinion, but that is a little too far. Again, my opinion. That person needs to remember that Dave is writing lyrics for us average "Joes". Whatever sells I guess.
      I like that Dave challenges us to think and open our minds with some of his lyrics... it's part of what puts VH on another level. I really didn't mean to imply anything toward you... I save my insults for the people who deserve them, like Von Halen and ZahZoo.

Comment

• devildawg
        Full On Cocktard
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        I like that Dave challenges us to think and open our minds with some of his lyrics... it's part of what puts VH on another level. I really didn't mean to imply anything toward you... I save my insults for the people who deserve them, like Von Halen and ZahZoo.
        No harm no foul. I appreciate the comment. Ill be sure to look out for those two on the board!!

Comment

• Catfish
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

No harm no foul. I appreciate the comment. Ill be sure to look out for those two on the board!!
          They're two of the most uninformed Van Halen fans I can think of. Both big supporters of Van Hagar (bought records, went to shows, sang along). For them it's Van Halen first, DLR second. Best to avoid them.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

One of the best parts of Stay Frosty is that after being a big dumb blues stomp it's actually a pretty smart, symmetrical, philosophical song. Dave Lee Roth goes to the four corners of the Earth to study from the ancient masters. And at the end of the day he finds that self determination is the key. Shallow and deep at the same time. Clever but dumb at the same time. Light and shade, light and shade...

I need to just call off from work and go buy a new bottle of Knob Creek and just chill by the pool today. I've fucking' had it...
            gnaw on it

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Kind of weird to hear Dave sing, " Trust Allah" in this song. WTF!!!
              Look at the lyrics, second page at the far right column.

Im miffed at this.

Don
              i'm guesing you weren't too concerned when dave told you to reach down between his legs. not all lyrics are literal...

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                She's the Woman
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                "Tie up your camel" is my most favorite line on the new album
                Yes! My first favorite DLR quote in that thread in VH/DLR Songs & Albums!!
                ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• Loons The Great
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

Diamond Dave is the greatest lyricist in the universe ad infinitim. Far as yous ramble mothuhfuckahhh!!! Stay Frosty is proof that God loves uz! :0)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
                  Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
                  I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

• devildawg
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Feb 2006

"i'm guesing you weren't too concerned when dave told you to reach down between his legs. not all lyrics are literal... "

Nope, cause I was 13 yrs old when Panama first came out, smartass. Maybe you werent alive yet or still shitting your diapers but a Van Halen song is only about women boozing and sex, NOT religious crap.
                    Last edited by devildawg; 04-01-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• devildawg
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                      i'm guesing you weren't too concerned when dave told you to reach down between his legs. not all lyrics are literal...
                      Nope, cause I was 13 yrs old when Panama first came out, smartass. Maybe you werent alive yet or still shitting your diapers but a Van Halen song is only about women boozing and sex, NOT religious crap.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Dude do you understand what the song is about now? Can you focus long enough to grasp why you started posting in this thread? The song is about not trusting any religion. The one line about allah is not an endorsement. Are we on the same page now?
                        gnaw on it

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

Wtf!!!!!

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                            The song is about not trusting any religion. The one line about allah is not an endorsement. Are we on the same page now?
                            Trust in Allah - but tie up your camel. It means no deity really has your back..think for yourself and be ready for anything at a moment's notice (ie: Stay Frosty). Duh. Even my 8 year old gets that.
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                              Trust in Allah - but tie up your camel. It means no deity really has your back..think for yourself and be ready for anything at a moment's notice (ie: Stay Frosty). Duh. Even my 8 year old gets that.
                              Really?

I thought it meant Dave's water bong was cashed and he needed to refill his bowl...
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Zing!
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                                Really?

I thought it meant Dave's water bong was cashed and he needed to refill his bowl...
                                Talk to devildawg, not me. Apparently I should have had the 8 year old explain it to him. I KNOW you get it. It's not that deep of a tune.
                                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...