Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

This song is just too good and too VH to not be the next single with TONS of radio play. In fact I will bet hat in the years to come, Stay Frosty will be the song played most on the radio from this album. Just release the damn thing as the next single already!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
      yeah this is 100% exactly what it is all about. This is like Van Halen Hashish. The best part distilled down into a little chunk. This what we've all been waiting for for 25 years. Stay Fuckin Frosty Motherfuckers!

Badass down home blues that kicks into a huge stomp with a great tagline! I want to stay frostiest the most! Fuck ya man! Van fuckin' Halen! Fuck! I can't believe they actually made a song like this. So fuckin' stoked to play it all summer long.
      first time i heard it, i didn't much know what to think. after a few listens, i realized it was probably just my mind being blown. now i have to fight the urge to skip to track 11 (this one goes to 11!) every time i play the album.

it's like this song is van halen. loose and low key to start. a little to make you laugh, a little to make you ask what the fuck that dude just said. after a couple verses a scream to usher in the thunder. not one, but two guitar solos. in under four minutes i go from causually tapping my foot to lighting my pants on fire. van halen's back.

stay fuckin' frosty, indeed!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Awesome song!

Recorded much better than some of the album as well...

Comment

• devildawg
          Full On Cocktard
          • Feb 2006

Trust Allah??

Kind of weird to hear Dave sing, " Trust Allah" in this song. WTF!!!
          Look at the lyrics, second page at the far right column.

Im miffed at this.

Don

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

He refers to Christianity, Judaism, Buddism and Muslims in each of the verses. Why would you be miffed?

Oh dear.

Comment

• devildawg
              Full On Cocktard
              • Feb 2006

Because he says, "Trust in Allah". I dont know if he is coming to a conclusion in the song with this or not that is why Im miffed.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

The sentence is "Trust in Allah, but tie up your Camel." Just a funny line. Stand down.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by devildawg
                  Because he says, "Trust in Allah". I dont know if he is coming to a conclusion in the song with this or not that is why Im miffed.
                  ...but tie up your camel!"

It's great to have faith in a higher power... but when it comes down to it, you better fend for yourself cause 'Allah", 'Buddah", "Jesus", "G-d" may not have your back.
                  Even a dummy like me gets that.

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

"Tie up your camel" is my most favorite line on the new album. I say it to Little Catfish all the time and he laughs his ass off. I use it as a life lesson: take care of your shit or you'll lose it. Like when I remind him EVERY-FUCKING-DAY to bring his jacket back from school. He gets out of the car and I say "Stay Frosty" and "tie up your camel!"

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                      The sentence is "Trust in Allah, but tie up your Camel." Just a funny line. Stand down.
                      Hell you can break it down to the simple fact that it's the Allah worshipers are the ones who ride the camels! I love it--OK bud, trust in Allah all you want... BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL!

Comment

• devildawg
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Feb 2006

Hey just curious about what he might or is saying. @ Mr Walker your 43 yrs old and your insinuating that Im dumb? I thought that all this childishness ended in our late 20's?

This is why I dont post much on this site because alot of people on here (including you) still think its 1984. Meaning you were what, 15 yrs old at the time?

Too old for these attitudes.

Comment

• Catfish
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Hey just curious about what he might or is saying. @ Mr Walker your 43 yrs old and your insinuating that Im dumb? I thought that all this childishness ended in our late 20's?

This is why I dont post much on this site because alot of people on here (including you) still think its 1984. Meaning you were what, 15 yrs old at the time?

Dude, relax, it's all good.

But you gotta admit, that's some stupid shit you were writing

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I said I was dumb.

Comment

• devildawg
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Feb 2006

Well, Ive learned that no question is a DUMB question. If it came off that way well, fine. I was just asking.
                              @ Mr Walker, wasnt trying to start anything but when someone says, Even a dummy like me understands" and yet here I am asking the question..you get the point?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

There was some guy VA heard from that was never never going to listen to Dave again over the union reference in "Tattoo".

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...