X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whorehey
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
    I had to listen to it on You Tube, I could not handle it anymore, I broke. ....Although I feel bad about it, almost like I blew my wad on a hot ass chick before I stuck it in. Oh well, I will still buy my CD when the time comes and listen to it like its the first time.
    Look at it this way, dude. There's a DVD and liner notes to enjoy on Tuesday.

If the fucking DVD contents don't go viral by then..
    'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• bru87tr
      Commando
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
      LOL! I'll drink to that!

Say what you will about the Vegas trip, the state fairs, the radio show, and every other left-hand turn he made with his career. The entire time he was away from Van Halen, the guy kept working his ass off and keeping his name out there. You never had to wonder where he was or what he was up to for too long, especially when the summertime came around. He always had something going.
      He was going to keep fighting until the Dutchies finally came to their senses, no matter how fucking long it was gonna take.

When he says "told ya' I was comin' back", it's impossible not to raise your glass and salute that.
      When he says that in Blood & Fire, it raises the hairs on my arm. The song is too cool and the lyrics so true.

The guy never packed it in. God Bless you Dave, they only made one of you. One of a kind!!!
      "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• bru87tr
        Commando
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
        Look at it this way, dude. There's a DVD and liner notes to enjoy on Tuesday.

If the fucking DVD contents don't go viral by then..
        Should I post the liner notes and ruin it for him, or would I get in trouble ?
        "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• fourthcoming

As Is is a beast!!!.....Holy shit.....Honeybabysweetiedoll will swallow you up and spit you out in another dimension....what a bad ass, powerful, groove.....almost can't describe the sound on that tune....has to be heard. Bullethead is just downright mean and has the same lyrical fury of Atomic Punk....Outta space is a steamroller....Stay frosty has not one but two kick ass guitar solos and a monster, old school kick ass drawn out VH ending, Big River and Beats Working have these catchy as fuck almost 1970's sounding choruses, Blood and fire and trouble with never are both incredible as most of us here already have heard the full tunes, She's the woman rocks just as hard as it always has, China Town will tear your face off, you and your blues is a solid, well written rock and roll tune.....the biggest surprise about that tune was watching the dvd.....the downtown session version of you and your blues is fuckin incredible.....Wolf can sing his balls off...speaking of downtown session....classic Diamond Dave....that's all I can say....he tells a story or two and one that was especially funny. Tattoo is tattoo....I have no problem with it at all....This album will kick your ass.....fuckin VH....unbelievable.....

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Still I wish I could get my career to the height of Dave's all time low.
            I think his only low for me was his Filthy Mouth tour. The band was lame in so many ways !! Dave forgot who he was !! I did like some of that album. Hell even in his book he admited it wasn't his best. I don't mind he tried the Vegas thing. He had balls doing that. His look was stupid. I remember him on Jay Leno going really ?? Hell Ed said the same thing and brought him in for the 96 tunes so that was a good move on Ed's part for Dave. His band with Brian Young was fantastic just before the VH reunion.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by hambon4lif
              LOL! I'll drink to that!

Say what you will about the Vegas trip, the state fairs, the radio show, and every other left-hand turn he made with his career. The entire time he was away from Van Halen, the guy kept working his ass off and keeping his name out there. You never had to wonder where he was or what he was up to for too long, especially when the summertime came around. He always had something going.
              He was going to keep fighting until the Dutchies finally came to their senses, no matter how fucking long it was gonna take.

When he says "told ya' I was comin' back", it's impossible not to raise your glass and salute that.
              I've seen him play to 1500 and 15 000 and if anything he worked harder with the smaller crowd and smiled more too.

That's why he is where he is, he deserves it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                I think his only low for me was his Filthy Mouth tour. The band was lame in so many ways !! Dave forgot who he was !! I did like some of that album.
                Yeah I agree. The album was ok but I really didn't like that show.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by bru87tr
                  When he says that in Blood & Fire, ("I told you I was coming back") it raises the hairs on my arm. !
                  That is one of the sexiest things I have ever heard from Roth: "I told you I was comin' back.......Say you missed me......SAY IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT..."

Girl shivers.

Oh dear.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    When did Ed get his mojo back?

In between the end of the last tour and recording this something has happened.

It can't be just the sobriety, Roth brings the best out of him.

After 20 years on a plateau he has added a bunch of new tricks to the tool kit.
                    Well his hand was fucked halfway through the last tour and I would bet they jammed alot in the last few years with Wolf on their ass to play !!

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

just did the hour round trip... with adkot blasting all the way home

HOLY SNAPPIN DUCKSHIT BATMAN!!

i have at least 5 new favourite songs.
                      i'm glad i waited.

Comment

• fifth element
                        Commando
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Warham
                        My three favorite so far:

"Blood and Fire"
                        "As Is"
                        "She's The Woman"
                        Mine are:
                        "The Trouble With Never"
                        "Big River"
                        "Tattoo"
                        "Blood and Fire"

but since I have not heard all of the songs in entirety yet, this is open to change.
                        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                          Should I post the liner notes and ruin it for him, or would I get in trouble ?
                          Haha! Nothing can ruin it but thanks anyway.

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by fifth element
                            Mine are:
                            "The Trouble With Never"
                            "Big River"
                            "Tattoo"
                            "Blood and Fire"
                            Mine are:

"Stay Frosty"
                            "Outta Space"
                            "Honeybabysweetiedoll"
                            "She's the Woman"
                            "The Trouble With Never"
                            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DiverDowninKy
                              Groupie
                              • Dec 2011

HoneyBabySweetieDoll...holy hell!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                                Well his hand was fucked halfway through the last tour and I would bet they jammed alot in the last few years with Wolf on their ass to play !!
                                Yeah that doesn't really explain the dip from 1986 to 2008 though...

Comment

Working...