X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Official 6/9 Los Angeles Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 6/9 Los Angeles Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • scott b
    Groupie
    • Jun 2005

Flying out from florida to catch the mighty VH,any body else?

Comment

• mmrrname
      Groupie
      • May 2006

I'll be coming out to LA from Pittsburgh for the show.
      She wanted something to regret
      Tomorrow morning

Comment

• mmrrname
        Groupie
        • May 2006

Free VIP ticket:

She wanted something to regret
        Tomorrow morning

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
          Head Fluffer
          • Dec 2008

Is there a Meetup for this show?
          I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
            Is there a Meetup for this show?
            There probably should be!
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
              Head Fluffer
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
              There probably should be!
              Where should it take place? Someplace at LA Live across the street from Staples? (Like the ESPN sports bar)
              Last edited by IceCreamBlondie; 06-04-2012, 01:28 AM.
              I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Someplace staggering-distance close would work...not sure what time BAntonelli and I are showing up...

Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2008

Meetup.....

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Someplace staggering-distance close would work...not sure what time BAntonelli and I are showing up...
                  Good call.....we'll find a staggering-distance place close enough at LA Live across the street. If anyone else is interested in a meetup before the show, send me a PM.
                  I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2005

Funny thing happened today. Wife says you excited for Sat? That's an understatement! She goes on to say Fri was perfect so much better than the 3/7 shows she went with in 07/08 to her said perfect setlist balancing new with old. She hated Dave's Inflto Mic and props last round loving the straight less is more stage and just rocking, then For the 1st time cranks up the disc. Like I mentioned before she never liked Dave much from even the old days, said he was cocky and arrogant. Took her 20 years to finally Get Him. Now she not only respects him but admires his efforts from EMT to most fit frontman Ever. Only part we aren't agreeing on now is she loves Trouble with Never while she skips Blood and Fire, hit skip button. Had to show her the hair on my arms all on end and started it over! Must say very nice to argue about which song to hear instead of we're not listening to Van Halen, can tell she really wants to go again. Kings cap it off tomorrow what a run, and for a Lakers fan what a Celtic series, beat LeBronSquad and gladly keep the trophy edge with Rondo props. Been one hell of a week in Staples since last Fri, Kings wrap Wed. then Saturday will this be last L.A. Show? wouldn't miss it for anything. Hoping it's fact Bottoms Up was played tonight in San Jose. If TWN is gone for it & we get the Light Up the Sky SoundCheck it will be perfect for this MoFo.

Matt and I got itinerary today, we check in at 4:15 for what will indeed be the perfect Bookend to the 8 days O'Halen in the City of Lights Homecoming!

Are you excited? She asks.... Something like that
                    Last edited by VAN HLN CA; 06-06-2012, 04:18 AM. Reason: lame typing and ADD grammer

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
                      Good call.....we'll find a staggering-distance place close enough at LA Live across the street. If anyone else is interested in a meetup before the show, send me a PM.
                      That may be cool spot after, will not indulge until post show. Just learned the hard way from 1984 last LA show as CVH not tons of detailed memories ;-)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Pretty sure I walked through that place when I parked my car across the street from the Staples Center looking for Lakers gear in February before the Forum show.... Looks like plenty a watering hole....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Apr 2005

After seeing the San Jose videos Dave has really become unleashed even more. Now that the first show that really gets reviewed and over critiqued is out of the way, they are going to really give us some Ass Whooping that will can really include just about anything at this point, Dirty Movies, Fools or open with Loss of Control. Nothing would surprise at this point.
                          What a great run, 07/08 the only surprise was removing a song from set once Little Guitars & Dreamer? This tour it's what are we going to get hit with tonight, better, totally better As Is.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by VAN HLN CA
                            After seeing the San Jose videos Dave has really become unleashed even more. Now that the first show that really gets reviewed and over critiqued is out of the way, they are going to really give us some Ass Whooping that will can really include just about anything at this point, Dirty Movies, Fools or open with Loss of Control. Nothing would surprise at this point.
                            What a great run, 07/08 the only surprise was removing a song from set once Little Guitars & Dreamer? This tour it's what are we going to get hit with tonight, better, totally better As Is.
                            I'm sure looking forward to seeing Dave more unleashed!! And if they can replace some songs and add instead Little Guitars, Blood and Fire, Stay Frosty or As is, I'll be in Halen Heaven!
                            I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Dec 2008

Meetup.....

Originally posted by VAN HLN CA
                              That may be cool spot after, will not indulge until post show. Just learned the hard way from 1984 last LA show as CVH not tons of detailed memories ;-)
                              Thanks for your thoughts.....

Anyone else interested in a meetup? Before show or after?
                              I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

Working...