Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 What does Panama mean? - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Panama mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Panama mean?

My daughter asked me what Panama means in the song and I was stumped. I don't mean the overall song, but the word Panama within the context of the song. Just a cool sound to shout, or something more?

rookies
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

its one of daves cars
      Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

Name of his car? OK, thanks. A lG enuff explanation for a 10-year.

Comment

a lovesong to his car

Comment

But why did he call his car Panama ??

Panama Red or something rings a bell.....
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

DLR : "You heard me talking about my Kadett Caravan 1969 in Dance the Night Away. The nickname for that blue 1969 Kadett Caravan was, "Panama" 'cause that was the farthest south that you could possibly go and still have a really corrupt good time. That car now, what I did is I had a friend of mine torch off the front engine lid, and at my house in Pasadena, California we have it bolted to the wall in the front hallway. You have the front engine compartment in the grill and the two front halves of wheels like that, and we mounted the windshield right up on the top of it okay? Like it came crashing through the wall of the hallway. And then what we did, is we went to a place called Ellis Mercantile which is where you rent all of the movie props that they make in Hollywood and all of these environments. There's a section that's very famous at Ellis Mercantile where all of the cowboys and Indians stuff is. So there's a whole stack of stuffed deer at Ellis Mercantile. And I bought one, and we sawed it neatly in half and took just the butt, the tail and the back legs and positioned it like it was coming through the windshield of my Opel Cadet station wagon, and hit it and ran through the wall of my house like that. And we painted the hooves blue, "Blue Suede Hooves." And underneath we have a little plaque that says, "My first deer, courtesy of Panama."
              Last edited by jero; 02-19-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jero View Post
                DLR : "You heard me talking about my Kadett Caravan 1969 in Dance the Night Away. The nickname for that blue 1969 Kadett Caravan was, "Panama" 'cause that was the farthest south that you could possibly go and still have a really corrupt good time. That car now, what I did is I had a friend of mine torch off the front engine lid, and at my house in Pasadena, California we have it bolted to the wall in the front hallway. You have the front engine compartment in the grill and the two front halves of wheels like that, and we mounted the windshield right up on the top of it okay? Like it came crashing through the wall of the hallway. And then what we did, is we went to a place called Ellis Mercantile which is where you rent all of the movie props that they make in Hollywood and all of these environments. There's a section that's very famous at Ellis Mercantile where all of the cowboys and Indians stuff is. So there's a whole stack of stuffed deer at Ellis Mercantile. And I bought one, and we sawed it neatly in half and took just the butt, the tail and the back legs and positioned it like it was coming through the windshield of my Opel Cadet station wagon, and hit it and ran through the wall of my house like that. And we painted the hooves blue, "Blue Suede Hooves." And underneath we have a little plaque that says, "My first deer, courtesy of Panama."
                Cheers Jero!

Where did you take this from? "Crazy from the Heat"? I don't remember the passage, though I've read it three times.
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Probably about some hot chick from Panama?

Comment

Checked CFTH and same story but without the name of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by golitely View Post
                      Checked CFTH and same story but without the name of the car.
                      Must be from a special Dutch edition. :p
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Originally posted by golitely View Post
                        My daughter asked me what Panama means in the song and I was stumped. I don't mean the overall song, but the word Panama within the context of the song. Just a cool sound to shout, or something more?
                        Panama was , Dave told this during his Radio Rodeo 'tour' in 2002, the name of a stripper in Albuqueque!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wiki kind of has a couple explanations. It was about a race car called "The Panama Express". Then goes into the same story that it's Dave's Opel. It also mentions the car can be seen in a Dave video.

Comment

Originally posted by motherchicken View Post
                            Wiki kind of has a couple explanations. It was about a race car called "The Panama Express". Then goes into the same story that it's Dave's Opel. It also mentions the car can be seen in a Dave video.

about 15 seconds in you can see "Panama"
                            Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Momshell View Post

about 15 seconds in you can see "Panama"
                              @ 1:25 there's a better shot of it, too
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...
                              X