X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Some of my other Irish

This is Nelson, my beautiful fat-headed boy; me; and Summer, Emily's mom.
    Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Dr. Quinn
      Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

MacKenzie, my first Irish Setter
        Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Emily's sister, Irish
          Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by private parts
            How old are your boxers? I had to put mine down when she was about 8 years old.

Well, both gone now sadly. Daffney made it a little past 7. Evander a little past 10 which I keep hearing is good for a boxer. But he was healthy as an Ox and then suddenly WHAM and 4 days later I was putting him down. Hit me pretty hard since I didn't have time to really prepare. But average for boxers is around 8 which is really lame.

I think that's kinda why I've been posting his pic here so much lately is I still haven't really taken it in. But it makes me happy to see everyone elses babies and how much they love 'em. For a while I thought I was the only crazy one
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
              MacKenzie, my first Irish Setter

Sorry Shoes, noob question. But they are hunting dogs right? All so beautiful. Unlike boxers who even at the AKC website states...

"...Boxers are known for their excessive flatulence".

And mother fuck is that right on the money. PEEEEEEE EWWWWWWW!!!\ (especially after a McD's mushroom & swiss burger)

Your dogs seem more petite. Like they know well enough to leave the room before they cut one.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

LMAO.

Yes they are hunting dogs. Some moreso than others, MacKenzie once pointed 20 birds in a hunt test - Emily wants hers delivered on a silver tray.

As for the flatulance, Nelson was known to peel paint off the walls with his.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Emily did that during the 2009 national - right before she WON.

Oh dear.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

lol

I love when they scratch their feets like bull about to charge. Then they run away from it as fast as possible.

Comment

• SparkieD
                        Veteran
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                        This is Nelson, my beautiful fat-headed boy; me; and Summer, Emily's mom.
                        I just love this pic. So freakin' sweet!
                        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                        Originally posted by rustoffa
                        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Thanks Sparkie. I lost him just a year ago at age 12. My heart dog.

Oh dear.

Comment

• SparkieD
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2006

Sadaist, you wouldn't want another boxer, would ya? Someone left theirs at a semi-local shelter. Poor thing. His name is Sammy. He's 8 and terribly depressed. I know he's across the country, but there are networks that transport animals to new far-away homes. Hell, I'm trying to adopt a kitten from California. I know it's strange, but he had some special needs and his adorable face just tugged, or more like yanked, on my heartstrings. I probably won't be able to get him, but I just had to try. They didn't say no...not yet, anyway.

Speaking of which, today, via FB, I heard about a 15 y/o cat in LA that was left at a shelter because her owner had to be put into a nursing home. She was down to her last few hours before she was to be euthanized. I had a contact via the kitten I'm trying to adopt so I sent word to them. Within 45 minutes, they had her. So sitting at a laptop all the way in SC, I played a small part in saving the life of this kitty in California. FB isn't all bad
                            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                            Originally posted by rustoffa
                            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

[QUOTE=SparkieD;1632840]Sadaist, you wouldn't want another boxer, would ya? Someone left theirs at a semi-local shelter. Poor thing. His name is Sammy. He's 8 and terribly depressed./QUOTE]

I wish I could. I am currently between residences and the nights I choose to save the $50 motel cost and sleep in my truck aren't very pup friendly.

There is also a boxer rescue place in LA. They have a page for their seniors. So sad. A lot of dogs were just left at foreclosed houses when the people got evicted. Just left to fend for themselves. Horrible.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

One of my Daffneys nicknames was MOMMAS DOO. I'll show you why.....

Comment

Working...