Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Goddamn - Keef Richards is in better shape than that.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Flea market in Sweetwater Tn. That 45 min from my house. Hum.......
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        You tell me which a young woman would prefer.

Exhibit A:

Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Nice tits....

Oh wait....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• merlin186
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jan 2016

does anyone know the value of this? i found 1 for sale for 3000 bucks. seems a bit steep thoughts anyone?

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by merlin186
              does anyone know the value of this? i found 1 for sale for 3000 bucks. seems a bit steep thoughts anyone?
              Damn - I forgot all about this thread. Jesus, this was almost four years ago...

Anyway, to answer your question - there ain't no way in hell its worth 3 grand. I can't imagine they'd have the gold rings made out of anything more than 10 karat gold. And they look about the size of a guy's class ring. So tops you'd be looking at maybe 500 bucks. Now, you factor in the rarity and the price goes up. But there's no way in hell I'd drop 3 grand on one. Even if that's remotely close to market value for a collectible, the value of it ain't gonna go up cause the fan base is shrinking.

Find out what it's made out of, calculate the scrap price, then add a couple hundred for the VH connection and offer that.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Honestly, if you really want one - get pics of the silver one. There's a lot of people on the interwebz who custom make jewelry and you'd be looking at maybe 500 bucks for a custom piece like that.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Oh hell - you're talking about this one?

I will bet 50 bucks that hunka shit is a made in Mexico sterling silver ring. It's the real deal alright, but it's worth maybe 100 bucks. If it was any other sterling silver ring you'd be looking at 50 bucks all day long. But since it's a Van Halen '84 tour ring - I wouldn't give more than a hundred bucks for it, maybe two hundred if I was half drunk. Seriously, the quality of the casting on the silver ones is typical Mexican dog shit.

That seller is either insane or drunker than me and Vandy on our worst nites.

Seriously, the seller says he bought it at an estate sale. He probably paid 20 bucks for it. I'd offer a hun if you really want it. He ain't gonna sell it for much more than that.
                  Last edited by DONNIEP; 01-29-2016, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Back when this thread was posted I searched for the gold rings. Nada. 4 years later - there's still no pics of a gold one that I can find. I think the gold rings are a myth. First off, there would have been waaayyy more than 10 guys who were crew that were still around at the end of the tour. Second, IF the gold rings existed there would be more mention of them than a couple of basically anonymous posts on the interwebz. And there would be a picture of one. I say the gold ones never existed.

Regardless, the rings are a cool piece of memorabilia. But they're only worth a couple hundred bucks tops.

Comment

Working...