Teacher Yells at Student Because of a Question he Asked About Obama!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
    While I believe that this is a case for many, I can also tell you as a teacher, that I didn't become one because I was too dumb to cut it in the "harder" academic classes. I consider myself to be pretty intelligent and I am constantly learning and encouraging open thought, even in my little first graders. I feel like there were many other careers that I could have chosen where I would be compensated better and not be ridiculed regularly by the press, public and parents. My dream from childhood was to be a teacher and I do it because I believe in making a positive impact on children and in the future.

I'm not trying to pick any fights, I'm just saying that there are some of us teachers out there that are good and that do encourage critical thinking.
    Well your job would be easier without Luna in charge of your state's education. Come over to Wyoming, we pay more. One of my kid's teachers came over from Idaho and is making $20,000 a year more here than over there. You got to get rid of that shit for brains drunk governor.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-27-2012, 10:53 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

t-t-teacher stop that screamin' Teacher don't you see? Don't wanna be no uptown fool.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        If this is real at all, I'll bet it's a "charter" school. Yeah, this is what happens when you take public money and give it to private corporations so they can hire non-union teachers.
        We did the charter school thing for awhile and found it was just as nuts as the public schools. It had so many petty rules and frankly I didn't think the quality of the education lived up to the hype. One problem I've seen with the charter system is it takes a lot of decent students and resources out of the public system. It all boils down to the quality of your community and since school boards are elected the school system reflects that even with all the union shit and federal shit involved. In other words like everything else the schools reflect the society they are in.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
          Veteran
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Well your job would be easier without Luna in charge of your state's education. Come over to Wyoming, we pay more. One of my kid's teachers came over from Idaho and is making $20,000 a year more here than over there. You got to get rid of that shit for brains drunk governor.
          For job security, I should probably keep my thoughts about that to myself :-)
          Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

People who can't do anything else due to their own lack of academic achievement do two things, they become teachers or they become social workers.

Another thing is in the 70's the system became geared to create obedient workers instead of critical thinkers..
            I take offense at your first statement. I am not pursuing a Bachelor of Social Work because I'm not capable of academic achievement, I am pursuing it because there is actual WORK in that field, and it's an area I know I will excel at. I know I could study anything I wanted and do well at it, but I want a fucking job when I'm done. I'll only have 15 years to pay off my student loan before I retire...

I would agree with the second statement. The students coming out of high school (at least here in Canada) really have no clue what critical thinking is, unless they've been in an accelerated system. I can't believe how dumbed down the kids are today.
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I don't know about Canada but go to any university commencement in the states and see how many graduating students have a degree in social work. It's a staggering amount. Granted we need some social workers but I honestly don't think we need the amount we are graduating. Yes you can get a job in it and that is the attraction but that type of work is not going to pull us out of the hole. It's pretty sad that the engineering and science side of the the universities are full of foreign students because the US students can't cut the math or have the basic science background.

I mean we aren't communicating this on stuff made by social workers. We just have too many people going that route. Look at the numbers.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                For job security, I should probably keep my thoughts about that to myself :-)
                Not with that Jebb Bush kiss ass in charge. I hear Romney will give him a federal job so the rest of us will suffer. Obama or Romney. That's like choosing what hot iron you want shoved up your ass.

Comment

• fifth element
                  Commando
                  • Nov 2010

wow!

I't's the same way when you are given a report (high school and college)
                  that is supposed to be a subject of your own choice.

Heaven forbid that you should choose the wrong side of an abortion issue, or
                  the wrong side of a political argument, or even the wrong side of an Arms issue.

My daughter was big on picking touchy issues, and her grades suffered because of her SUBJECT matter, not because of the work itself.

I told her...K....stick to subjects that don't send people off the deep end!
                  In her Junior and Senior years of College she made an effort to do that...and her grades improved.

Unfair, unjust...NOT right...(papers should be graded on the PAPER, not the subject matter)...but sometimes that is just the way it is

Oh, that teacher sounds JUST a leetle bit extreme.

okok...a lot extreme.
                  “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The US had an excellent public education system until the 1970's when all the political correctness flowed in and parents put careers above raising kids and the the education system became a day care system.

Yeah, that would explain all the 50-70 year old brainiacs running around...

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Yeah, that would explain all the 50-70 year old brainiacs running around...

They may be less intelligent on paper in some instances, but have done far more than anything this newer generation could ever do.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Like create the internet and build software giants?

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Like create the internet and build software giants?

And .com bubbles, social networks, video games, texting.

*and the Internet has been around a lot longer than the generation I speak of. Just not in it's current form.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                            What it basically comes down to is..blah blah blah
                            Your post makes no sense, as usual. Talking about "researching the facts" when it's quite clear the facts in this thread speak for themselves.

Every thread I post in where you feel the need to respond, all you do is whine, cry, and bitch like a little girl, sort of like one of your liberal compadres. He knows who he is...living up near FORD.

If you're going to follow me around these boards, I suggest you learn to put forth a decent post once in a while. You can't, because you are indeed the troll.
                            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Anyone else notice the trend that anytime anyone owns Brie into oblivion, he then, in a pathetic attempt at deflection, accuses them of "following (him) around these boards"??
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                                If you're going to follow me around these boards, I suggest you learn to put forth a decent post once in a while. You can't, because you are indeed the troll.

Comment

Working...