Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inside.intel
    Full On Cocktard
    • May 2012

but dude hes like 60 now he cant do the things like he use too. amyway the new tour new music will kick back in
    Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• BeOz
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jun 2012

yes Dave's voice is thrashed But
      the new cd for this VH fan is amazing can't stop playing it and honestly that was enough for me the tour and show last night over in a hearbeat
      the music lives on forever
      and Dave still got the moves greatest front man ever

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Yes. It IS a sort of magic. A lethal and radioactive combination of ingredients that make Dave completely unique.

He is an entry in the Rock and Roll History books unto himself.

Yes, his vocals aren't as great as they were in 2007-2008, but it is because his voice is not what it used to be.

The effort is there....I am floored by what I am hearing him do.....

Seriously, with the state of his pipes now (meaning, not as good as last tour).....he is putting out not just 110%, but 150%

And the thing that truly makes me overlook the screech is that he is not solely a singer. He is a fucking entertainer!

I am 1000% happy with the lineup, the tour and the CD.

Sure...wish Dave's voice was a bit better, but it could just be due to the massive amount of dates.

Sooooo fucking happy VH is back! Words cannot describe.
        Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-07-2012, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Dave's vocals suck compared to '07-'08...

Sent from my iPhone, bitches!

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

listening to 'Blood and Fire'.

=VH= aint over for me yet.

Comment

• Yount
              Commando
              • Jan 2012

Dave sounds young and fresh, yet deep and wise in Blood and fire. The two verses are just amazing!

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Dave's vocals suck compared to '07-'08...
                Yeah, and I can't slice an onion for crap compared to when I did so in 1983. Even so, in 2012, my lasagne will still still kick yer ass. Particularly if you've been told by delusional shitheads that this qualifies as fine dining for several years...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  Yeah, and I can't slice an onion for crap compared to when I did so in 1983. Even so, in 2012, my lasagne will still still kick yer ass. Particularly if you've been told by delusional shitheads that this qualifies as fine dining for several years...

You're speaking Sammy's language: food.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Could you slice an onion in 2008 ??

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Could you slice an onion in 2008 ??
                      Yeah, but I needed a visit to the drugstore beforehand, along with a nap of about an hour or two afterward...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

VH is not a sell out regarding age, doing the Hollywood lie. They are Wolfie's age. Haven't you ever seen the movie "Benjamin Button"? (directed at Wolfsbane)
                        Last edited by bantonelli; 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM.
                        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bantonelli
                          VH is not a sell out regarding age, doing the Hollywood lie. They are Wolfie's age. Haven't you ever seen the movie "Benjamin Button"? (directed at Wolfsbane)
                          you directed your button at wolfsbane
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• mumpy73
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jun 2012

Shame, I loved the Toronto show. You gotta remember everyone is 20 years older now.
                            What a fight to get it right, For a minute of delight . . .

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by mumpy73
                              Shame, I loved the Toronto show. You gotta remember everyone is 20 years older now.
                              Yep MN. was also great. Dave was good. Not stellar but good. He sang H.A.I.L. really good then I see him doing it in San Jose or somewhere a week later and it is bad. I don't know what too think of it ? Some night s are good and some are bad. He was awesome in 07. He hasn't even been close to that.

Comment

• devildawg
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Feb 2006

Ive been adding my two cents here and there on this thread BUT I have more to add as to what is different on this tour versus back in the "day".

It used to be that Dave would invite the crowd to have a beer after the show at the local bar or during a break in the set Dave would talk to the crowd with a bottle of Jack in his hand and was almost asking the crowd if it was ok if he could propose a toast to this gathering of heathens before gulping down some Jack. Dave is acting here as if he is one of us.

I think it would be funny if Dave were to pull the Jack Daniels act again but this time telling the crowd, "This here is real Ice Tea. My friends. I say"

Ive also read that Alex could be found out in the parking before a show hanging with the fans and having a beer with them too.

This time around and maybe going back to the 2007-2008 tour I see that Dave is acting as though this is not the case anymore. We are there to enjoy him and his triumphant return to the band plus he's not taking the music seriously.

Where's the guy who used to say that if the band faced the other way onstage then we would all be backstage enjoying the show which again makes us fans feel like we know the band personally.

Its a facet of things that made them Van Halen.

Again, just my two cents.
                                -Don
                                Last edited by devildawg; 06-10-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...