• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nitroDave23
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Nigel
    By the way, I thought it was Angus Young who was the key guy in AC/DC
    Angus is very much a key guy in the band,but Malcolm is the leader and brains behind AC/DC.What he says goes, bar none.

Malcolm's rhythm playing is often underrated, I thought it was awesome that Eddie spotlighted him over Angus.Mal has created a great deal of the major riffs we all know/remember, he's called the riff master for a reason, lol. (Eddie didn't start the term)

As to EVH not liking Angus, back in the 80's (Monsters of Rock '84) a few of his comments sort of took away from Eddie, but back then they were competitors, recently Angus spoke rather positively of Ed, saying he was an innovator like Hendrix,and that he changed the game when came along.(Which we all know was very true)

Comment

• loucap81
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

"a lot of the canceled dates were in cities we already played"
      Not even close, and this is why I don't take EVH seriously or read into anything he says. The postponed or "cancelled" dates as he called them are below. There are exactly TWO repeat cities, Uncasville, CT and Philadelphia. There are only three others that are repeat markets--East Rutherford, Baltimore and Detroit and I'm being generous with Baltimore. All the others are at best markets that have a little overlap with places they played the last four months but hardly serving identical populations.

7/7 — Uncasville, Ct., Mohegan Sun Arena
      7/9 — Hampton, Va., Hampton Coliseum
      7/11 — Philadelphia, Pa., Wells Fargo Center
      7/13 — East Rutherford, N.J., Izod Center
      7/15 — Baltimore, Md., 1st Mariner Arena
      7/17 — Rochester N.Y., Blue Cross Arena
      7/19 — Detroit, Mich., Joe Louis Arena
      7/21 — London, Ontario, John Labatt Centre
      7/24 — Toledo, Ohio, Huntington Center
      7/26 — Grand Rapids, Mich., Van Andel Arena
      7/28 — Cleveland, Ohio, Quicken Loans Arena
      7/31 — Fort Wayne, Ind., Allen County Memorial Coliseum
      8/2 — Columbus, Ohio, Schottenstein Center
      8/4 — Knoxville, Tenn., Thompson-Boiling Arena
      8/6 — Memphis, Tenn., FedEx Forum
      8/8 — Birmingham, Ala., BJCC Arena
      8/10 — Greenville, S.C., BI-LO Center
      8/12 — Cincinnati, Ohio, US Bank Arena
      8/21 — Spokane, Wash., Spokane Arena
      8/23 — Portland, Ore., Rose Garden
      8/25 — Sacramento, Calif.,Power Balance Pavilion
      8/28 — Fresno, Calif., Save Mart Center
      8/30 — Reno, Nev., Reno Events Center
      9/4 – Salt Lake City, Utah, EnergySolutions Arena
      9/8 — Albuquerque, N.M., Tingley Coliseum
      9/11 — El Paso, Texas, Don Haskins Center
      9/13 — Austin, Texas, Frank Erwin Center
      9/15 — Oklahoma City, Okla., Chesapeake Energy Arena
      9/17 — Wichita, Kan., Intrust Bank Arena
      9/21 — Moline, Ill., Iwireless Center
      9/23 — Green Bay, Wis., Resch Center
      9/25 — Milwaukee, Wis., Bradley Center

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        Basically I truly believe if Eddie thought he could get away with the fans by having another singer that he would. I love him, but I don't trust him. I base that solely and totally off of past performance. I throw my faith in to him and enjoy these last 5 years to the fullest. Not letting my distrust ruin anything. But if the day comes where Dave is "kicked out" I won't be overly shocked. I don't think any of us will. Disappointed, sad, angry, homicidal, suicidal to be sure....just not shocked.

That's why I have ZERO tolerance for any snide remarks from Eddie Van Traitor ---- people are too willing to give him a pass these days on his highly offensive remarks regarding Dave.

How would people react if Dave gave an interview to USA Today and said ---- "Yeah I wish I had a couple kids in my 20's because now they'd be old enough to be the guitar player and drummer in Van Halen" ??

People would fucking lose their minds ---- they'd be calling him the biggest asshole in rock 'n roll. They'd burn down his house.

The best compliment Eddie can muster these days about Dave is ---- "Yeah he's funny and witty but I can only tolerate him in small doses". I bet you tolerate those millions of dollars he helped you earn in the last 35 years, you ungrateful fuck !!

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          WAY ahead of you. I've already snorted a whole box of Mr. Bubble this morning. Now the real problem is figuring out WHICH of my co-workers faces to eat...

That's not makeup....it's seasoning!
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• TJMKID
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
            I agree with all of you saying not to blow Eddie's comments out of proportion, and I'm trying my hardest not to. I did, however, cringe about the singer comment, and also about the possibility that my show in NJ won't get rescheduled.

You don't have to blow it out of proportion ---- but at least recognize that it was a very offensive statement in a national publication towards Diamond Lee.

I'd like to see Dave give an interview to USA Today or Equire Magazine and say ---- " If I had a couple kids in my younger years, right now they would be the guitarist and drummer in Van Halen. "

How would people react to that? Would they give him a pass and a giggle like they do with Eddie? I bet they'd hunt Dave down like an animal and put bullets in his brain and feed his carcass to the vultures.

Eddie just never learned how to respect people who helped him become famous and wealthy. He can brag about Wolfgang all he wants ---- but dont bullshit the fans by thinking we'll accept whatever he wants for his band.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Yeah. That Eddie is a schemer. Best to keep a close eye on him.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by TJMKID
                You don't have to blow it out of proportion ---- but at least recognize that it was a very offensive statement in a national publication towards Diamond Lee.

I'd like to see Dave give an interview to USA Today or Equire Magazine and say ---- " If I had a couple kids in my younger years, right now they would be the guitarist and drummer in Van Halen. "

How would people react to that? Would they give him a pass and a giggle like they do with Eddie? I bet they'd hunt Dave down like an animal and put bullets in his brain and feed his carcass to the vultures.

Eddie just never learned how to respect people who helped him become famous and wealthy. He can brag about Wolfgang all he wants ---- but dont bullshit the fans by thinking we'll accept whatever he wants for his band.
                I sincerely think you need to get a hold of yourself. He made a few remarks in jest. Big fucking deal. If Dave continues with VH, it'll be great. If they have a parting of the ways after this tour and Dave does something else, it'll be great. Let go of the teenaged anger. Doing you zero good.

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  I sincerely think you need to get a hold of yourself. He made a few remarks in jest. Big fucking deal. If Dave continues with VH, it'll be great. If they have a parting of the ways after this tour and Dave does something else, it'll be great. Let go of the teenaged anger. Doing you zero good.

You're an Eddie Apologist --- plain and simple.

Unlike you, I'm not OK with giving Eddie a free pass every time he says something offensive or stupid. You can only tolerate a guy's bullshit for so long before you call him out on it. Back in the 80's, we easily accepted Ed's delusions about "Dave left because he wanted to be a huge movie star" or "He would throw tantrums if anyone else had blond hair onstage". Then we found out the REAL TRUTH later and it made him look foolish and egomaniacal.

So here we are in 2012 and Eddie makes a flippant comment about he and Valerie shoulda had another kid who could easily replace Dave. Eddie feels good about himself that his kid easily replaced Mike Anthony so why not extrapolate to Dave as well, eh? I've had enough of the " EVH REALITY DISTORTION FIELD" (tip o' the hat to Steve Jobs).

I have no problem going to a VH show and watch Eddie the guitarist do his thing onstage. But I am definitely not comfortable with Eddie the human being being his usual douchey self and getting away with it.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                    You're an Eddie Apologist --- plain and simple.

Unlike you, I'm not OK with giving Eddie a free pass every time he says something offensive or stupid. You can only tolerate a guy's bullshit for so long before you call him out on it. Back in the 80's, we easily accepted Ed's delusions about "Dave left because he wanted to be a huge movie star" or "He would throw tantrums if anyone else had blond hair onstage". Then we found out the REAL TRUTH later and it made him look foolish and egomaniacal.

So here we are in 2012 and Eddie makes a flippant comment about he and Valerie shoulda had another kid who could easily replace Dave. Eddie feels good about himself that his kid easily replaced Mike Anthony so why not extrapolate to Dave as well, eh? I've had enough of the " EVH REALITY DISTORTION FIELD" (tip o' the hat to Steve Jobs).

I have no problem going to a VH show and watch Eddie the guitarist do his thing onstage. But I am definitely not comfortable with Eddie the human being being his usual douchey self and getting away with it.

Maybe so, but you're coming off in this thread all butt-hurt like Ed called you personally and insulted your mom...just sayin'...

Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• saint
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                      Both burst out giggling. Ed's is a rasp, a telltale sign of ongoing health scares. (He had cancerous growths on his tongue and throat removed last year and reports he's "feeling great.")

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...len/55556296/1
                      I thought that was 10 years ago, I didn't know it was back, but maybe that´s known??
                      http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Maybe so, but you're coming off in this thread all butt-hurt like Ed called you personally and insulted your mom...just sayin'...

Nah ---- just callin' out a delusional egomaniac doucher like Ed ---- maybe you're OK accepting his twisted reality hook, line, and sinker ---- but I'm not.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                          Not even close, and this is why I don't take EVH seriously or read into anything he says. The postponed or "cancelled" dates as he called them are below. There are exactly TWO repeat cities, Uncasville, CT and Philadelphia. There are only three others that are repeat markets--East Rutherford, Baltimore and Detroit and I'm being generous with Baltimore. All the others are at best markets that have a little overlap with places they played the last four months but hardly serving identical populations.
                          just goes to show that maybe the band IS that out-of-touch with their own itinerary.
                          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Zempi
                            Roadie
                            • Mar 2012

Ed can say whatever he would like..but personally I would love just one straight comment along the lines of 'This is how it should be (with Dave);" or "This is the best since how long,or "This is what the fans have wanted and we are glad"..etc etc whatever...

I do think that the comment "Dave is Dave, etc" is meant for what it is-it can be positive or not so positive ...It is sort of a blanket statement. Dave is Dave but there is nothing else to say about him????But a positive add on just once would be nice too.

Would have been nice for even Wolf to throw in 'Dave's a great funny guy" or "we have alot of fun on stage" or something.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

WAY ahead of you. I've already snorted a whole box of Mr. Bubble this morning. Now the real problem is figuring out WHICH of my co-workers faces to eat...
                              Not soap...

Salt...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zempi
                                Ed can say whatever he would like..but personally I would love just one straight comment along the lines of 'This is how it should be (with Dave);" or "This is the best since how long,or "This is what the fans have wanted and we are glad"..etc etc whatever...

I do think that the comment "Dave is Dave, etc" is meant for what it is-it can be positive or not so positive ...It is sort of a blanket statement. Dave is Dave but there is nothing else to say about him????But a positive add on just once would be nice too.

Would have been nice for even Wolf to throw in 'Dave's a great funny guy" or "we have alot of fun on stage" or something.
                                But what if Ed and Wolf don't believe any of that?

Personally, I don't care if they don't get along. As long as they stay together and keep touring and making good music together.
                                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

Working...