X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by TJMKID
    What about that other USA Today quote ---- "I guess I always thought I entered the wrong business." What the fuck is that? We all know that entertainers get nervous before a show --- but Eddie "entered the wrong business"? The dude just says a lot of weird fucking shit ---- and there's nothing wrong with calling him out on it. He's a grown adult ---- he can take the hit.
    Not at all uncommon amongst musical performing artists. Andy Partridge of XTC gave up performing live all together due to how physically ill he became with stage fright. Cobain would get pretty sick too I believe.

I almost feel like you'd have a problem with Ed saying his favorite brand of cold cuts is Boar's Head.
    Last edited by DLR Bridge; 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

"Thanks for the dream" sounds like parting words.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
        Absolutely. It's always how you say it in this world. Words are just words--it's intentions that matter.

And any reporter worth the salt on his nut sack should know how to phrase a direct quote, so there is no confusion as to intent--as harmless as it may seem, and as harmless as I think this was. Said reporter should have tagged the quote. Any good reporter would have.
        Those are very good points and show your experience...

I gotta ask why aren't you out interviewing VH?

Do they still have you stuck covering the Metro-Beat investigating sanitation issues and proof reading obituaries..?
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Yount
          "Thanks for the dream" sounds like parting words.
          I think he said that because 'thanks for the closure' doesn't sound right.

Does anyone have any idea at all what the terms of the Interscope deal actually are?

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            I think he said that because 'thanks for the closure' doesn't sound right.
            "Fuck you hagar thanks for warming my seat" does tho
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• minkahed
              Roadie
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by private parts
              Oh fuck I hope not. Doing the Super bowl is as lame as doing a Burger King commercial. Last Super Bowl performance that was worth a shit was Prince...ya I said Prince.
              No one deserves to do it more than the Mighty Ones, but it would be a disservice to them because half of humanity wouldn't "get it".
              Totally agree with you on that!

The Super Bowl thing is so commercialized and really doesn't mean anything anymore.

I remember the hype behind the Springsteen half time show and it sucked, and I love the Boss.

First, how do cram 35 years of a great and consistant catalog into 12 minutes. Besides, the guy is known for playing 3/4 hour long concerts !

Second, he did it to sell his not so great, "Working On A Dream" cd, which barely reached Platinum.
              Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

The Super Bowl as a first live appearance with ADKOT coming out would have been cool but the idea now doesnt do anything for me. Dave would have a wardrobe malfunction and be wearing chaps again and then all my friends and family would be calling me going, "That's YOUR boy!!" I think Id rather see 'em do SNL.

I agree, Prince was indeed the last good halftime show BTW. Still not sure if that was a nod or a slap when he played a bit of "Best of You". Did he ever comment on that? Dave Grohl loved it.

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I'm not keen on the Superbowl...The Simpsons would be awesome though.
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by TJMKID
                    MY MAIN POINT ----> EDDIE IS A DISRESPECTFUL DOUCHE TOWARDS DAVE ---- ALWAYS HAS BEEN ---- ALWAYS WILL BE.
                    I love EVH the guitar player and I have to agree with this statement. I don't think he truly appreciates Dave for what he did and is doing for VH or even Ed's well being.
                    Too many years were spent building him up as the genius that is Van Halen.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• minkahed
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2012

Eddie fuckin' loves Dave ...

C'mon, look at the way he stares at him and smiles at him in the interviews and on stage.

He's in awe of him, wish he could be alot more like him and I bet, if he had his way, would fuck him, but hey, that's just me ...

Eddie's got some Sensible Shoes.
                      Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• Never was
                        Foot Soldier
                        • May 2012

Eddie has been out of bounds on Dave comments historically so skepticmism is fair. Same time talking about how much he loves playing with his son and joking about having a band of his own kids etc... is really not a shot at Dave. He was talking about his kid and family while joking. A single quote out of what was likely a 40 minute conversation in isolation could be viewed that way but it was a joke. Remain skeptical, but convict him for real crimes.

Its funny how much legs the they hate each other thing has when from my view the band does try to put on an act but has always been awful at it. Back in the day it was obvious the band was not a band of brothers in 1984, and in 2004 trainwreck, and 2007 more a business deal with everyone trying to just not shatter the fragile peace. This tour these guys are genuinely having fun and had fun recording. Let it be enjoy, and relax this tour is not a farewell folks.

Comment

Working...