Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The film industry is pretty much mobile. They can move around and shop the best deal for their shoots. If they didn't need big name actors to market the movies with it probably would all be done in a graphics studio like a cartoon.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Cool interview
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        A wise decision. Besides, you can always talk to trees from inside the comfort of your air conditioned home with the use of sign language through the bay window.
        Thanks... Funny you should mention that. I have a hickory tree in my back yard that we topped about 10 years ago. It's grown back up and is blocking about 20% of my view of the lake. I keep sending it death threats but it's not paying attention... This fall after the leaves drop me and Mr Chainsaw will be dropping by for dinner. I hate to drop such proud and pretty tree but my million dollar view trumps the environmental impact. I think I'll name it Stumpy after that...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nigel
          Roadie
          • Mar 2004

[QUOTE=TJMKID;1664637]

I'm not a trained musician --- but the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background and anchor down the rhythm section.

Don't ever tell Mark King, bassist, leader, singer and songwriter for Level 42, that the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background.

Listen to "Guaranteed", "Hot Water" or any number of their songs to know it is definitely full-on FUNK!!

Comment

• Nigel
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

Instead of talking about cum, dongs dicks and the like, can anyone actually post the Eddie Interview?

Comment

• Never was
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2012

Angel they have a thanks but if they had a standing o I'd give it to you, you rock

Yes he does like to put words into a womans mouth because he has failed at getting his cock into ones.

And no your mommy on prom night drunk pity suck off that she fell asleep in the middle doesnt count tj,.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                Thanks... Funny you should mention that. I have a hickory tree in my back yard that we topped about 10 years ago. It's grown back up and is blocking about 20% of my view of the lake. I keep sending it death threats but it's not paying attention... This fall after the leaves drop me and Mr Chainsaw will be dropping by for dinner. I hate to drop such proud and pretty tree but my million dollar view trumps the environmental impact. I think I'll name it Stumpy after that...
                We just put in all new hickory flooring and cabinets in our kitchen. That proud tree can look good on someone's floor and be useful.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

[QUOTE=Nigel;1664674]
                  Originally posted by TJMKID

I'm not a trained musician --- but the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background and anchor down the rhythm section.

Don't ever tell Mark King, bassist, leader, singer and songwriter for Level 42, that the nature of bass playing is to shrink into the background.

Listen to "Guaranteed", "Hot Water" or any number of their songs to know it is definitely full-on FUNK!!
                  I'm a bass player and the bass does a lot of things depending on the song. Sometimes it is a lead instrument. Sometimes you keep the song rolling along, other times you add some flavor to the drums. The best way to describe what a bass player does is to remove the bass track from any song you play and you will find out quick what we add to the music. It's more than most people think.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    We just put in all new hickory flooring and cabinets in our kitchen. That proud tree can look good on someone's floor and be useful.
                    As a former carpenter (and Son of the Guy who created the Hickory tree) I must agree it's a good choice of wood for this purpose. On the other hand, trees are a good thing to keep in thy back yard as well. Shade and oxygen are good things, right?

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

^^ mate, it was gone after 5 posts!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by TJMKID
                          Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say stuff like this ??

His backing vocals are a fucking disgrace.

Comment

• Momshell
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Hey everyone - I have the article, and I swear I'll try to figure out how to scan it tonight. No promises, 'cause I'm not great with technology! Here's a couple of quotes I thought you'd all appreciate...

EVH - "Working with Dave again was like we had never left each other. It was that comfortable. We've known each other since high school. When you have old friends, five or six years can go by when you don't see each other, but you just pick up where you left off."

EVH - "We ended up recording demos for 35 songs." (!!!!)

Eddie credits Wolf for coming up with the arrangement for "Stay Frosty" - says "When Dave wrote it, it was just an acoustic thing like it is on the intro. Wolf turned it into what it is."

GW - "You haven't played some of those songs for 28 years or more. Did you have trouble remembering them?"
                            EVH - "That's why we do soundcheck every night. The next couple of songs that we're trying to work in are 'Light Up the Sky' and 'As Is'. We'll figure out the right time to do them. It's fun. We played 'Hang Em High' for the first time during soundcheck. That song is wicked. It has so many changes, there is so much shit going on, and it's fast. If you slip up once, the whole song is fucked. After we did it, we were all looking at each other and going, 'What do you think guys? Should we take a chance?' And it was Dave of all people who said, 'Fuck yeah! Let's go out there and do it.' I thought he was going to say no. He said, 'What's the worst thing that could happen?' We played it great."

There's more - I gotta get ready for work - I promise I'll try the scanner tonight!
                            Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Halen High
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

A new album next year? What a thought. I've always believed that Eddie wants Wolfie to be a major part of Van Halen's legacy and this will require more than one (great) album and a couple of tours. Eddie and Dave are a prolific songwriting team and apparently Wolfie also has some talent in this area - so we could be in for an amazing ride in the coming years. I just hope they can squeeze in a tour Down Under.

Comment

• Halen High
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                                ^^ mate, it was gone after 5 posts!!
                                How ya goin Ash?

Comment

Working...