X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

No provincial taxes here.

We pay a council tax, which is determined by the value of your house. It is usually around £1000-£1500 per year.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      Here's a question for the heartless zealot conservatard idiot... are you OK with Wrongney's plan to raise YOUR taxes to give yet another tax break to the wealthy?
      Before you make jackass statements like the one above, Mr Shortbus, why don't you actually find out what his plan actually is instead of believing the lies of your boy's campaign TV ads?

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
        If a Devil remembers correctly, the US was doing rather well, economically speaking, when your Republican President Mr. Eisenhower had a tax rate of 91% on the rich. Built the Interstate Highway System, didn't he?

Your country is in desperate need of infrastructure building on that level right now, but the money isn't there to pay for it, because corporations and bastards like Willard Mittens Romney are not paying their fair share.
        FORD, even you can't honestly believe taking 91% of a person's income, no matter how wealthy they are, is moral....right?

Besides, there were mega tax shelters back then...even more than there are now.

How else did the Kennedy Criminal Empire get so wealthy?
        Last edited by BigBadBrian; 08-09-2012, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
          Sure he has.

It's the Ryan Plan

Go back to your village...idiot.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            The only true "job creators" is the middle class

More idiocy. It figures.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
              Exactly.....

and that's why "supply side economics" is, and always has been a goddamned lie. It's the demand that drives the REAL economy. Always has, always will.
              Not entirely. This is a mere oversimplification. FORD, doesn't that outfit you work for offer economics classes? If not, here's a good economics book for you:

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                FORD, even you can't honestly believe taking 91% of a person's income, no matter how wealthy they are, is moral....right?
                1 Tim. 6:17 Tell those who are rich not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which will soon be gone, but their pride and trust should be in the living God who always richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 1 Tim. 6:18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and should give happily to those in need, always being ready to share with others whatever God has given them. 1 Tim. 6:19 By doing this they will be storing up real treasure for themselves in heaven--it is the only safe investment for eternity! And they will be living a fruitful Christian life down here as well.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  1 Tim. 6:17 ...
                  who are you, and what have you done with sesh?

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

^^^^^

True, but even that doesn't say 75%!

Plus, tax isn't the only way of being charitable. If I was ever in the £100mill club, I'd be pissed at those types of taxes (I'm guessing most people would be). That being said, I'd probably spend most of my time supporting charities etc. Maybe I lack imagination, but once you've got a big house, some cool cars and a holiday home, what the fuck else are you going to spend it on. I reckon I'd get more wellbeing from helping others than writing the chancellor a big cheque every year.
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah but almost all of the rich people in the world don't think like that, and that's why they are rich.

Most give 1% or less - shallow cunts.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        who are you, and what have you done with sesh?
                        Just showing the usual complete disconnect between the so called Christians and their superstition manual.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

orright. carry on then.

are there any rich french people?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There are rich people everywhere.

This tax thing is a a bit of a moot point because if you are wealthy you just spend a bit on avoiding paying tax.

It's only the people in the middle that pay tax.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

bono and bob will fix it for the next generation. from their country estates and swiss chalets.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Indeed.

Why’s Bob Geldof so tetchy about his tax affairs?

May 16 2012

The Week has a fascinating report, from which I borrow the following (edited) highlights:

BOB GELDOF lashed out at a reporter this week after he was asked about his tax arrangements, bizarrely demanding to know how many irrigation ditches her salary had built.

Geldof, who was in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa for the World Economic Forum, was interviewed by Times journalist Lucy Bannerman. Their encounter appeared to go very well at first, with Geldof talking about the huge changes that have taken place in Africa since Live Aid in 1985.

Then Bannerman asked him about his tax status. After confirming that he is a non-dom and can legally avoid income and capital gains tax on international earnings, Geldof laughed off the Sunday Times Rich List estimate of his worth (£32 million).

When pressed on how much tax he actually paid – the justification for the question being because his big idea, aid, can come from taxes – Geldof exploded.

“I pay all my taxes,” he shouted. “My time? Is that not a tax? I employ 500 people. I have created business for the UK government. I have given my ideas. I have given half my life to this.”

In a bizarre, heated exchange Geldof jabbed his finger repeatedly at Bannerman and demanded to know how many irrigation ditches she had built with her salary.

The tirade ended with Geldof yelling: “How dare you lecture me about morals”, before being led away by his entourage.

Actually Bob, lots of us would like to lecture you on your tax morals if you don’t pay in full what somebody else living in the UK might owe. I stress we don’t know whether you do or not, but you had the option of saying you do and got angry instead, which makes me think you’ve got something to get angry about.

And candidly, in that case Lucy Bannerman was absolutely right to question you as she did. Paying tax in the right place at the right time is a principle inextricably linked to solving the problems of poverty in Africa – and elsewhere. You can build as many ditches as you like. But candidly if you set an example by tax avoiding then you undo all your good works.

It’s your choice though Bob. You’ve no need to get angry. You can just either drop the non-dom claim or pay up instead. It’s not hard.

Comment

Working...