X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
    Here's the vid, Roth Show 4. I wonder if it is Super-8 handheld camera footage - still, look what Page did with stuff like that for the Led Zeppelin DVD ...
    It looked like clean super-8... definately didn't look pro-shot.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by howie
      Yesterday's gone - I look at old footage of Roth in his prime and I can't believe it's the same guy we're seeing today...would have preferred to see this back in the VH hiatus - the DLR band years. I just see an old man now...sorry

I love Dave no matter how old he is. I perfer older men. They are more mature and that is sexy. It's really all in the personality, attitude and what you radiate. But if I could choose between an older man and a younger man, I'd choose older.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TJMKID
        How good is your rapport with the DDE rep?
        Put it this way, the first time I talked to her, she had to hang up with me because Dave was calling....

How's that....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

except it or not...dave has reached a point where he's just doing what he is doing...you like it? fine...tell your friend...if not, tell it anyway because he'll be there tomorrow...

I didn't like every step in his carreer but if he wants to sing about a fucking plastic chair...I give it a listen and see if I like it. would I buy that song? no...but it's cool to watch it for free...and imagine dave at the henson's being the trooper he is and making music...
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Put it this way, the first time I talked to her, she had to hang up with me because Dave was calling....

How's that....
            How did the contact start? Did she initiate it or did you?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by envy_me
              How did the contact start? Did she initiate it or did you?
              http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...e-Enterprises-!!

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

But how come she contacted you?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by envy_me
                  But how come she contacted you?
                  My charming personality....

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

My charming personality....
                    Goes without saying :-)

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

How's that....

Keep greasin' her up ---- use your masculine charms ---- we need to get Dave's ear on this urgent topic ---- UNLEASH THE HIDDEN FUCKIN' FOOTAGE !!!

This shit ain't doing nobody any good sitting on a dark shelf collecting dust.

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TJMKID
                        Keep greasin' her up ---- use your masculine charms ---- we need to get Dave's ear on this urgent topic ---- UNLEASH THE HIDDEN FUCKIN' FOOTAGE !!!

This shit ain't doing nobody any good sitting on a dark shelf collecting dust.

You have unleashed the fucking footage

There was a documentary about swedish metal like an hour ago on tv, where they played that recording :-)
                        Last edited by envy_me; 11-10-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

How's that....
                          Damn, at that time things were happening so fast around here it was hard to keep up
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

I received an email, from someone not wanting to be identified, that the footage at 11:39 is from the Anaheim Stadium show in 1978.....

If you know your Van Halen history, you know this is special show, one that helps put VH on the map. From the VH encyclopedia:

From http://www.vanhalenencyclopedia.com/...len-tour.html:

09/23/78: Anaheim Stadium, Anaheim, CA. The bill for this show included Richie Lecea, Sammy Hagar, Black Sabbath and Boston. Attendance: 56,000. Van Halen stole the show by hiring look-a-likes to parachute from an airplane into the stadium (David Lee Roth's idea). An announcer frantically declared, "From out of the sky, Van Halen is coming into the stadium!" Looking as though they would land right on the stage, the four parachutists maneuvered to an area just outside the stadium gates at the last minute. Moments later, Van Halen, dressed in parachute gear, took the stage arm-in-arm to a thunderous ovation (though Alex Van Halen twisted his ankle while waiting for the parachuters to land). The event set a new one-day gross record with receipts totaling $710,000. Unadvertised Lecea, fresh from opening the California Jam 2 at Ontario Motor Speedway, opened the 9-hour extravaganza, followed by Hagar, who relied heavily on his then newly released live album, All Night Long. Van Halen followed with a 10-song set made up of nine songs from Van Halen and Bottoms Up! Audio recording exists.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Wow! I want more!

Comment

• TJMKID
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Yep, the footage definitely matches the photos taken at the '78 Anaheim Stadium gig.

So I guess Zlozower was operating a Super 8mm film camera after snapping photos?

I received an email, from someone not wanting to be identified, that the footage at 11:39 is from the Anaheim Stadium show in 1978.....

If you know your Van Halen history, you know this is special show, one that helps put VH on the map. From the VH encyclopedia:

From http://www.vanhalenencyclopedia.com/...len-tour.html:

09/23/78: Anaheim Stadium, Anaheim, CA. The bill for this show included Richie Lecea, Sammy Hagar, Black Sabbath and Boston. Attendance: 56,000. Van Halen stole the show by hiring look-a-likes to parachute from an airplane into the stadium (David Lee Roth's idea). An announcer frantically declared, "From out of the sky, Van Halen is coming into the stadium!" Looking as though they would land right on the stage, the four parachutists maneuvered to an area just outside the stadium gates at the last minute. Moments later, Van Halen, dressed in parachute gear, took the stage arm-in-arm to a thunderous ovation (though Alex Van Halen twisted his ankle while waiting for the parachuters to land). The event set a new one-day gross record with receipts totaling $710,000. Unadvertised Lecea, fresh from opening the California Jam 2 at Ontario Motor Speedway, opened the 9-hour extravaganza, followed by Hagar, who relied heavily on his then newly released live album, All Night Long. Van Halen followed with a 10-song set made up of nine songs from Van Halen and Bottoms Up! Audio recording exists.

Comment

Working...