X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    So basically only National Guardsmen should have weapons?
    I see two subjects and two verbs in separate phrases in the 2nd Amendment. In your statement above, you only account for one of each.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I honestly don't see why every school doesn't have an armed cop on staff. My daughter's middle school does and so does our high school. And I live in a little town out in the country and even we can afford it. The dude is there every day, in uniform and armed with a pistol and a taser and he's got his shotgun in his patrol car. Same at the high school.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        I honestly don't see why every school doesn't have an armed cop on staff.

Can you believe we are in times where you actually just said that? How fucked up is that?

I think an armed guard might be much. but what about training & carry/conceal permits for principals? Like 2 jobs in one. I don't know. I don't want principals carrying guns nor do I want armed guards at our schools. But it is all of our duties to protect children.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Here, only police officers are allowed to carry a gun, not guards.

What if the armed school guard loses it one day?
          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me

What if the sky falls tomorrow?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              People would be shot...
              And not breathing anymore...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Many schools here have armed guards. Didn't Columbine have armed guards?

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Many schools here have armed guards. Didn't Columbine have armed guards?
                  But, how come we don't need any armed guards? How did it get to that? :-(
                  The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't know. But actually a lot of schools have police stationed in them I should have said...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Our high school and middle school has a city police officer right in the school and they have their own office so they are there full time. The grade schools don't.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

In Israel the teachers are armed. The thing is everyone has to do a mandatory two years in the Israel Defense Forces so they are trained with weapons. Then you go in the reserve for I believe two years. When I was there they issued the reservists an Uzi sub machine gun and you had to take that with you everywhere and if you lost it and had to be reissued another one, it was another mandatory two years in the military. People hung onto them.

Everyone carried chamber empty including the handguns and they came up with a way to rack the slide or bolt carrier real quick and get some aimed shots off. By carrying chamber empty they eliminated a lot of accidents. It seemed to work well for them. For having that many citizens armed their safety record is good.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          In Israel the teachers are armed. The thing is everyone has to do a mandatory two years in the Israel Defense Forces so they are trained with weapons.
                          I remember getting on buses in Israel and it was nothing seeing people carrying an Uzi or a Galil.
                          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Degradation of society. We have some screwed up kids because the family situation in this country has gone to pot over the last 40 years. We have really high teen suicide rates. The guns have always been around in this country. I owned guns and my high school friends had them. Our high school even had a skeet shooting club and you took your shotgun to school and the principal locked them up in his office. After school you picked up your gun. The school rule is it had to be in a case with a lock on it.

The thought of shooting someone let alone shoot up the school was so beyond reality and so absurd it was like a dark fantasy. I can't think of one public shooting that ever took place in our town. I don't even think our bank got held up ever.

What happened is mom ditched her responsibility to her children and made chasing a career more important. Married couples who probably could work things out got divorces because they were egoed out and selfish. Kids are often stuck in the middle of feuding parents using the kids to get back at each other. Then you have nobody home to supervise anyone with video games, movies, and even television shows full of some real twisted and violent stuff. Expose children to that you desensitize them and when your family situation is bad and depressing and you are shooting things in a video game everyday for hours. That's what you know. Then when the other screwed up kids bully you it's not get in a fist fight, it's shoot the bastards because thats what you do in the game.

Also I see parents taking young kids to movies that they shouldn't even be at. When I was a kid the world was defined as adult and then safe for children. Las Vegas was for adults, they didn't let kids in most places there and the city was not for kids. Now you have guys advertising the strip club next to a roller coaster with kids on it. There was adult entertainment or parental advisories to let parents know there was violence that might affect kids. Now parents take their kids to see Saw movies.

This new way of parenting isn't working and once the rot sets in it gets into everything and once a society gets full of corruption it's takes whole institutions down and even governments down. History is full of such scenarios. Another problem in the US was the vast wealth. There is a cycle, once a country becomes wealthy the next generations become lazy and ill behaved. Usually it destroys the country.

This isn't an overnight problem. It took 40 years to get here and now everyone is going holy shit the kids are mass murderers. Well, look at what you exposed them to. They are only acting out what they grew up on.

In short, a lot of parents made other things in life more important than their own children and the children are rebelling and lashing out. Some in very violent ways.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Society is fucked. When your 12 year old kid can point out all the kids at school that cut themselves there's a problem.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

In all honesty...fund a public school teacher and ask them what happens to the smart kids who have clear, erratic mental issues...

Public schools get jackhammered for letting these kids slip through the cracks, but find out the truth.

Before we talk about gun control with regards to this issue...start there.

Yes, gun control should be discussed in some form, but the root is more serious...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...