X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
    For the record Nick, no politician will ever go door to door to collect guns.

They can have my guns but they will have to pry my bear spray from my cold dead fingers.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Our high school and middle school has a city police officer right in the school and they have their own office so they are there full time. The grade schools don't.
      Yep - same here.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        How 'bout you and Blaze go on an extended antidepressant binge...

How about you go fuck yourself on a Chinese made American flag? You chronically unemployed racist cornfed cracker bitch.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Satan
          This one might have been though, since his mother was a psycho gun nut militia fuckwit freak.
          Originally posted by ELVIS
          That's what I was thinking...

He could be expert level...

He enrolled into College at age 16...
          Shooting first graders at point blank range with an M-16 derived weapon doesn't really necessitate a high degree of marksmanship. Jesus I fucking hate speculating about the macabre, horrific bullshit!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

For the record Nick, no politician will ever go door to door to collect guns.

But if you have small Cuban children, apparently jackbooted thugs will come through your door...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This picture is undoubtedly horrible. The picture is based on your "accomplished shooters" use in context. Takes 3 to take down 1 woman.
              I'm not 100% exactly what was going on, but it could be a summary execution in NK. They were possibly prepping her to be killed it this was smuggled footage - just guessing...

The European model for gun control does work in the context of this thread. The thread is about "gun control".
              Then why are you posting alarmist pic's of autocratic regimes?

In the UK, an affray can be considered a violent crime but may be logged different only if a person is injured and logged entirely different in another country. This doesn't say whether a gun was used in the crime in most cases.
              They don't really have many guns in the UK, if you haven't heard. Handgun ownership was almost totally banned in the 90's and even none of the uniformed police carry them - though they do have access in emergency situations...

I'm not interested in any other country and how guns have made Kings and dictators over centuries and how the peons and peasants had to revolt. I'm only interested in results within the context of US gun control.
              Before guns, kings and dictators just used swords. What the fuck does that prove? The Enlightenment and Bubonic Plague probably had far more to do with the ascendancy of the middle classes than "revolts."

There over 2000 laws that apply to citizens on US gun control. Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC all have draconian gun laws and the crime rates are higher. So in the context of gun control, I can only presume you mean gun removal.
              Another bullshit point. You can ban guns all you want in a metro area, but if the state next door sells firearms to some little rat with no criminal record so he can flip them to gang bangers, then the laws need to be changed. Just ask Mexico...

In 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a handgun in the home. Bad news for those cities mentioned.
              I don't have a huge problem with that. Of course, having a gun can actually make you a target if they know you're out...

In Florida, we're about to go to 1 million conceal carry licenses. Your president is the cause whether you want to believe that or not.
              http://www.businessweek.com/articles...n-surge-take-2
              I have relatives in Florida. One is very right wing, and has a large collection of guns. His house was targeted while he was away and several guns were stolen, possible including his M-4 assault carbine (not sure though). So, now some lucky criminals have a nice stash of illegal, but originally legally purchased guns, to kill with...

I have never used any drugs other than a Zpak and Makers Mark.
              Dually noted...

Drugs are for people who can't think straight and have the need to to not think straight.

My penis isn't small. The hole in mine weighs 20 pounds.
              I'm not sure what that means. Your asshole weighs 20lbs?
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• jacksmar
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I'm a 185 pound asshole Nick. I'll be the first to tell you I'm self centered and arrogant and in fantastic shape. ( heh )

This about crime. The kid stole the guns and committed crimes. The common theme is the extreme brutality that criminals apply to victims. Criminals willing to commit a crime such as a home break in are fully prepared to play out any extreme physical violence or death. The disregard for victims is chillingly inhuman.

I honestly believe the difference between you and me is this: what can happen vs. won't happen to me.

Here's my example:
                In 1997, a drugged up criminal came in with a shotgun attempted to rob restaurant the I was in. Two customers with CCW licenses were watching this go forward. Neither were aware of each other. The robber became upset when the waitress couldn't open the cash box.

We both fired at the same time both using .22 magnum revolvers. The robber was hit once and he ran outside to his car breaking his shotgun on the door frame. Arrested at the hospital.

Most of us are not Tim McVeigh or militia members. But let me tie this to current events. This is a 1% issue not a 99% issue. 99% of the U.S. will never face a life or death situation. The other 1% does.

Just an FYI: Democratic presidents Harry Truman and John F. Kennedy were NRA members. I'm not.
                A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I was held up at gunpoint when I was 19. He got flustered when I couldn't open the safe and just had me fill his bag with the money from the till. Nobody got hurt....except for the PTSD I had to deal with. When it comes to robberies, just give them the fucking money. The business is insured.
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Not surprising, unfortunately....

Sandy Hook Shooting Sparks Gun Sales Surge
                    Posted: 12/17/2012 5:40 pm EST | Updated: 12/17/2012 7:01 pm EST

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. has sparked a surge in gun sales, according to independent arms dealers across the nation.

Robert Caselnova, who owns a Connecticut gun shop located less than 10 minutes from the school, said firearms flew off his shelves over the weekend, with multiple requests for AR-15 style rifles, a weapon Adam Lanza used in the Newtown massacre. Caselnova said he knew the Lanzas and that the mother and son had visited his store in the past, separately, but never made any purchases.

After high-profile shootings, debate over gun control can cause consumer demand for guns to rise, government records have shown. Industry experts say fears that stricter laws will follow such incidents push people to stock up on firearms before regulators can clamp down. But last weekend’s spike in business was unprecedented, gun shop owners in California, Connecticut and North Carolina told HuffPost.

Larry Hyatt, owner of North Carolina-based Hyatt Gun Shop, which claims to be America’s largest independently owned gun store, said he had a line out the door on Saturday, forcing him to call in extra salespeople.

“We already have tons of customers because of Christmas, hunting season is peaking right now, and not to mention, the election,” Hyatt said. “But this tragedy is pushing sales through the roof,” he added. “It’s like putting gasoline on a fire.”

Last weekend’s gun rush caused the federal system that processes background checks for firearm purchases, known as the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, to experience heavy delays. The FBI, which runs the NICS database, declined to comment on the number of background checks it has received since Friday. But Paul Marquardt, owner of ArmsX, a Connecticut-based gun store near Sandy Hook Elementary, said the wait-time on Saturday for a background check was nearly an hour -- the longest wait-time he’s ever seen.

“The two busiest days I’ve witnessed during my four years in the business,” Marquardt said, “was the day after Obama was elected, and ahead of that, last Saturday.”

The Black Friday after the Nov. 6 election, gun sales across the country broke records, crashing the FBI's background check system, according to The Denver Post.

At Ade's Gun Shop in Orange, Calif., manager Lisa Atkinson said Saturday was the biggest day the shop has ever had, with some $13,000 in sales.

"It was the first time we had to call a nearby gun shop to see if they could sell us a gun because we had run out," Atkinson told The Huffington Post. "It's been crazy."

In Arizona, one-day gun sales jumped 60 percent after a gunman killed six people in a Tuscon parking lot and wounded others, including then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Similarly, in Colorado, after 12 people were killed inside a suburban movie theater in July, background checks for gun purchases reportedly spiked 41 percent. In the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, these checks have spiked again, reaching a record-high for the year.

The AR-15 style rifle, a weapon of choice in both the Colorado shooting and last Friday’s shooting in Connecticut, accounted for more than 25 percent of ArmsX’s recent sales, Marquardt said.

Freedom Group, the weapon's manufacturer, reported a 20 percent increase in revenue for the first nine months of this year. “The manufacturers [of the AR-15] can’t keep up with the demand,” Caselnova said.

Not all gun shop owners saw more business over the weekend. Chad Sumner, who works for his family's shooting range and gun shop, Knob Creek Gun Range in West Point, Ky., said the mass shooting did not affect foot traffic, but that the increased talk of an assault weapons ban added an element of uncertainty.

"Another assault weapons ban [would] really limit our sales," he said. "People like the assault weapons. People say they are useless, but so are dragsters. Why do people want to drive a dragster down a drag strip?"

Brandy Liss, owner of the The Arms Room, a shooting range and gun shop in League City, Texas, said she opposed stricter gun laws, noting that Friday's killer had broken dozens of laws during his shooting rampage.

"Most people feel that if teachers had ability to protect themselves, there would have been less casualties," Liss told HuffPost in a phone call on Monday.

Protection and the government's failure to provide it is part of the reason gun sales are rising, Hyatt said, adding that the economic downturn spawned a growing belief among his customers that the U.S. is ill-equipped to safeguard its citizens. “You can’t get enough police to protect us, the jails are full, the mental health system is failing us,” he said. “That’s why more people are buying weapons, to protect themselves and their families.”

Hyatt said he wishes his staff had better information on whether buyers had a history of mental health issues. A 2010 investigation by The Washington Post ranked Hyatt Gun Shop second on a list of American gun dealers that had the most traces for firearms recovered by the police.

“Every gun you sell,” Hyatt added, “you have to worry whether that customer is competent, or whose hands that gun may end up in.”
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                      I was held up at gunpoint when I was 19. He got flustered when I couldn't open the safe and just had me fill his bag with the money from the till. Nobody got hurt....except for the PTSD I had to deal with. When it comes to robberies, just give them the fucking money. The business is insured.
                      Not worth getting shot over money but you just don't know what they are going to do. I had a friend who had a revolver pulled on him and he just grabbed the cylinder so it wouldn't rotate and fire and grabbed it out of the guy's hand. On some of the semi-automatics you can push the slide and barrel back and put the gun out of battery so it won't fire. On the Beretta 92 you can pull the whole barrel and slide off the gun if you know the trick and are good at it. This is why police officers stopped using that weapon.

I don't know what you are going to do with that weapon. I don't know if you are just going to shoot me anyways so they better not be too close to me and they better be willing to use it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

I wonder how many of those purchasers have never owned a gun or rifle before and have no idea how to even operate the damned things?
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          I wonder how many of those purchasers have never owned a gun or rifle before and have no idea how to even operate the damned things?
                          You buy a new gun today it comes with all sorts of safety books and instruction manuals. Most manufactures even give you a safety lock with the gun. If the person bothers to read it all they are pretty well informed on the do's and don'ts.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

I don't see a lot of conservatives or liberals anymore. I just see a lot of assholes.
                            At the end of the day in this country anyone involved in politics is a self serving pile of fucking shit ! They might start out with good intentions but............It's ALL about getting their way. Meaning their party. I'm all for having your own beliefs and ideas, but it's so far out of control it's sickning. No give or take. I see inteviews with these people and they down right scare me with their ideas ! And what scares me more is knowing that someone voted for them !I'm ready for the revolution ! Lol.

Comment

• jacksmar
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              When I was growing up, a Burger Chef in Speedway, IN was violently robbed. I NEVER forgot it. I worked at a near by city Burger Chef and swore it would never happen to me.

Ended up getting cut on the wrist trying to save a ladies purse from a theft on the Long Beach Pier. One of the few times I left the house unarmed.

One of the last.
                              A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

You buy a new gun today it comes with all sorts of safety books and instruction manuals. Most manufactures even give you a safety lock with the gun. If the person bothers to read it all they are pretty well informed on the do's and don'ts.
                                Yeah, I know. But how many people bother reading the instructions for their new blue ray player, much less the operating manual for an AR?
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...