OH FFS: Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely (With BOTH Singers ?!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
    Yeah, 'cause you know that Sammy isn't going to do it unless his "other half" is involved.
    I don't think it'll happen as the boys probably don't have it in them to do two catalog shows a night. But don't think that Sam's footprint wouldn't be on Michael Anthony's forehead if kicking him off a life raft is what it took to get back into VH...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
      ok market research done.

vh with wolf and dave = sell out multiple arenas.

vh with the spam included = nobody shows up; even at the rooty hill rsl club. (except the old ladies who play bingo, and buy meat raffle tickets)
      This is true, the demographic outside North America was far more ambivalent towards Van Hagar as evidenced by them opening for Bon Jovi in Europe, IIRC. Did Van Hagar ever even play downunder? I know that Gary Halen did...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The only thing I could see is Sam and Mike opening for Van Halen as "The Other Half" with their own band lineup, then maybe coming out and jamming for an encore. But even that is very farfetched. Isn't it rumored that VH has another album almost ready?

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

My thoughts on this have been echoed lots on this board .
          And that is without wolf ed is just gonna stay home and walk the dog.
          Wolf was the driving force for the reunion , more than likely the release of new music and the subsequent tour.
          It's been said and I somewhat agree no wolf no van .
          We will never see mike in the band unless wolf joins tremonti full time and if that happens ed goes back to being a total random equation.
          To my mind there is no scenario where spammy gets back in the band , or at least gets back in a functioning one.
          And maybe it's this simple ,compare 2004 tour to the last one , which does ed wanna do .
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Grant
            ...and please leave the Hagaris Horribilis where he belongs, I think we Aussies have suffered enough. Thank you!
            Hey Grant, good to see ya again....

Throw us a link if you see more articles about this....

Thanks....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TJMKID
              OH FUCK --- maybe this Haggis reunion might actually be happening?

Listen to what Sobolewski says at 1:22

I gotta admit, after seeing this, it concerns me that there might be some validity to it....

Think about it: He said just "Me and Sam".... If they planned to go out on the road with Mona and the other dude, that's not something MA that would have to keep a secret.....

But I also agree with what Lounge said... For a lot of general rock music fans, having both singers might be appealing to those who want to hear all of those fucking ballads....

Not me, baby.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Man VA you normally have a Good BS detector , I think am a little less confident now

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  I gotta admit, after seeing this, it concerns me that there might be some validity to it....
                  Pinch yourself...

You may be dreaming...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Pinch yourself...

You may be dreaming...

Trust me, I hope so....

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I wouldn't mind seeing Van Halen and Chickenface on the same bill...

That seems to me like a good bill in a promoters eyes...

But Edwad would never do it...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                        You had me at "absolute horseshit". Did melodicrock change their name to musicfeeds.com?
                        Watch the Mike Anthony clip. I think this rumor has an 89% chance of being true at this point.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                          You had me at "absolute horseshit". Did melodicrock change their name to musicfeeds.com?
                          Shockingly, Mr. Tasmania hasn't picked up this and run with it....

Just a matter of time though, especially since it's concerning Australia....

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

grant, the 4 of us will stay at your place this time?
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                I wouldn't mind seeing Van Halen and Chickenface on the same bill...

That seems to me like a good bill in a promoters eyes...

But Edwad would never do it...
                                The old Ed wouldn't. The new Ed who carries his toy dog around like Paris Hilton might.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...