Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Okay, the event is now detailed at the ANZ stadium website, so I was wrong - it ain't a hoax.

But, whether it ultimately goes ahead will probably depend on ticket sales ... too much of a risk for me to spend a thousand quid on air fare at this point, but we'll see what happens over the coming weeks.
    Last edited by VHscraps; 02-17-2013, 09:20 AM.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• BillikenJohnson
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
      Hmmm... DLR talks at length in his book about 'foment.' Is that what he's doing right now?

Like anything else VH, I'll believe it when I see it...
      Billiken says...you'll see it when you believe it!

Last edited by BillikenJohnson; 02-17-2013, 09:31 AM. Reason: L'État, c'est moi
      http://www.myspace.com/billikinjohns...blues-45431724
      Billiken Johnson III's Soundcloud jukin':
      https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa/

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dan
        Kings-Cross For party and Hookers.
        Concur !! Wild times back in the day....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
          It's 8 weeks to go, and no one is talking about this, apart from this interview with a guy called 'Lee Roth' and a couple of stories that are just taking the same info from the original interview.

Excuse my scepticism ... !! Even if VH have agreed to this, my guess is that the ticket sales will be so poor that it is cancelled.

Let's start calling this show "Soundwave Fizzle Fest, Part Deux" --- truth in advertising !!

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by mh5150
            [url]He said he was looking to “sharing some strong drink and bulls… stories” with their co-headliner Joel.
            I hate to bust his bubble but Joel is a recovering alcoholic just like his bandmates.

I love Billy Joel, The Stranger, Glass Houses, 52nd Street, all great stuff.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• mh5150
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by gbranton
              I hate to bust his bubble but Joel is a recovering alcoholic just like his bandmates.

I love Billy Joel, The Stranger, Glass Houses, 52nd Street, all great stuff.
              Don't forget coke head

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Poison99
                Full On Cocktard
                • May 2005

I don't know whether to buy tickets for this or not, but I've got about four hours to make up my mind before the pre-sale. VIP standing room for the two days works out at $429. Coming from Melbourne will cost me a small fortune in airfares and accommodation too. I've always said I'd pay any amount to see VH live, but I haven't forgotten the Soundwave debacle. In fact, one of my friends won't risk buying a ticket at all. My concerns have been compounded by this article:

But veteran Australian music promoter Andrew McManus, who is bringing Guns N' Roses and ZZ Top to Newcastle on March 13, commented on an independently created Stone Music event page this morning to cast doubt on the genuineness of the festival.

"Smells very fishy? Unknown promoters... be very careful punters... you have been warned here!" McManus posted.

When pressed to comment further, on his own Facebook page McManus clarified: "[The promoters have] been saying they have my acts which we are announcing next week... all I can say is be very, very careful and stand by for 60 minutes expose next weekend."

McManus is yet to confirm which acts on the Stone Music Festival bill he is referring to.
                The last time I bought tickets to a show put on by an upstart promoter, it was meant to be a Quiet Riot, Warrant and LA Guns triple bill. The show was officially cancelled two hours before it was due to start when it turned out the promoter was in jail, and LA Guns (being the only band that actually got on a flight to come here) had to play two impromptu gigs at a small metal bar to raise the money to get on a flight back to the US.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I cant help but think this wont happen..has everybody said this already?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Roth had the RS interview how long before this festival was a done deal??...and he said nothing..

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                      I cant help but think this wont happen..has everybody said this already?

What happened to all those US dates they "postponed"? Did those get officially canceled & refunded? Never heard a peep after that about it.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I still have some hopes for that.They can keep making cash without a new album...

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Poison99
                          I don't know whether to buy tickets for this or not, but I've got about four hours to make up my mind before the pre-sale. VIP standing room for the two days works out at $429. Coming from Melbourne will cost me a small fortune in airfares and accommodation too. I've always said I'd pay any amount to see VH live, but I haven't forgotten the Soundwave debacle. In fact, one of my friends won't risk buying a ticket at all. My concerns have been compounded by this article:

Very interesting.

If this whole thing is dodgy, you got to wonder who in the VH camp has negotiated this thing - their manager Irving Azoff retired from running Live Nation recently, but I think it was just to avoid a hefty tax bill. I assume he is still representing Van Halen? He's surely an experienced enough guy to spot some fly-by-night promoters who might be trying to do something other than put on a show ...
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• mh5150
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2010

Very interesting.

If this whole thing is dodgy, you got to wonder who in the VH camp has negotiated this thing - their manager Irving Azoff retired from running Live Nation recently, but I think it was just to avoid a hefty tax bill. I assume he is still representing Van Halen? He's surely an experienced enough guy to spot some fly-by-night promoters who might be trying to do something other than put on a show ...
                            If anything I don't trust Andrew from melodocshit.... That's all I got to say about that...

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

I think the biggest warning sign about this show is ZERO mention of it on the VH official site, Facebook, or Twitter --- and same goes with Dave's official sites.

You would think if the band already got their appearance fee from the promoter, they would be advertising the gig on their official sites to garner interest and help sell tickets, correct? They did that for the Soundwave Debacle.

My gut feeling is VH hasn't received a fucking dime from the Stone promoter yet --- and they're just letting all this publicity go unaswered in case the check arrives in the mail in the next few weeks.

If this Stone Festival implodes --- it's going to nail the coffin lid tight on any chance of VH touring in Australia while Ed and Dave are still alive --- BET ON IT.

Last edited by TJMKID; 02-17-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Poison99
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • May 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
                                I think the biggest warning sign about this show is ZERO mention of it on the VH official site, Facebook, or Twitter --- and same goes with Dave's official sites.

You would think if the band already got their appearance fee from the promoter, they would be advertising the gig on their official sites to garner interest and help sell tickets, correct? They did that for the Soundwave Debacle.

My gut feeling is VH hasn't received a fucking dime from the Stone promoter yet --- and they're just letting all this publicity go unaswered in case the check arrives in the mail in the next few weeks.

If this Stone Festival implodes --- it's going to nail the coffin lid tight on any chance of VH touring in Australia while Ed and Dave are still alive --- BET ON IT.

There is no mention of it on Billy Joel's site either. Richie Ramone has indicated he is coming via his Facebook page. Otherwise, it's just the promoter shilling it on Facebook and via their own website. I also read the terms and conditions of the ticket sale on the promoter's website, and it more or less excludes them from liability as far as any venue changes or lineup changes are concerned. I know that most fine print would read like that, but I'd be way more comfortable buying the tickets from Ticketmaster or Ticketek, because I know I'd get my money back if the promoter went bankrupt.

I wouldn't waste my time if it wasn't Van Halen. Basically, it's going to cost $867 for my girlfriend and I to go. An $867 roll of the dice before I pay a cent on flights or anything else.

Somebody tell me what to do.

Comment

Working...