• Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    No! Ginger Ale lol...

Lol, we don't have that here. It's like eastern Europe, we don't have anything
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by FORD
      I suppose my next question would be what you ate before, or immediately after drinking. Foods with a high fat content are best for absorbing alcohol out of your system, so it's not a bad idea to eat something before you pass out if you drank a lot. And for breakfast if you don't.

And if the third girl wasn't a vegetarian like yourself, and had a bacon double cheeseburger or something like that, it would explain the difference. Or maybe she's just got a stronger liver that processed the booze better.

Back in my heavier drinking days, me and my friends had this down to a science.... we would either hit the Jack in the Box drive through after the bar, or if we were buying more beer at the grocery store anyway, grab some microwave burritos with it. Never had a hangover - at least once I stopped settling for shitty beer.

We actually did eat before. We ate pizza. But the friend who didn't feel bad ate one with meat on it, while me and my other friend ate vegetarian. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. But it's pizza, it's not like we ate sallad. I usually drink a lot of water before bed if I drink, but since we kind of passed out, that wasn't an option. Thank god we weren't in a club but at my friends place. I am pretty sure it was the Ouzo.

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        Mix equal parts Ouzo with Chambord

It tastes like the Good N Plenty Candy.....

Remember, it's not so much the ALCOHOL that causes your hangovers, its the SUGAR

Hydrate, drink quality hooch, stay away from anything with HFCS such as Margarita mixes or Curacao....

Lol, I am NEVER touching it again

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by FORD
          And for wine drinkers (which includes coolers and all that sort of shit) sulfites are a big problem.

I'm allergic to that shit in general, so thank God for beer

You know what, I don't understand that. HOW can so many people find beer tasty??? It's absolutely gross. It's pretty bitter taste, you can taste the alcohol, it smells badly. Okay, if there was one small minority that liked it, people with strange taste, but SO many people??? What is so good about it? It's not even sweet.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
            You know what, I don't understand that. HOW can so many people find beer tasty??? It's absolutely gross. It's pretty bitter taste, you can taste the alcohol, it smells badly. Okay, if there was one small minority that liked it, people with strange taste, but SO many people??? What is so good about it? It's not even sweet.
            It tastes like shit when it's warm and has been sitting under the neighbors bushes for a few days. I cut my teeth on nasty beer when I was a kid but if you could knock back four bottles of the nasty shit, the buzz was worth it.

If you want nasty, clean out the fermentation tanks at a brewery. Gooey and nasty. I don't think people who work in those places even want to see a beer after work.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Back in 1997 when I was engaged to this chick, I had stopped in to the jewelry shop where I bought her engagement ring. The owner was a Greek immigrant, and he was about ready to close up for the day, and he asked me if I wanted to do a shot of Ouzo with him.

I said sure thing.

Was not bad. Different, to be sure, but I did not have any problems with it.

I do not like to drink hard liquor straight, but a shot of something or other once in awhile is not bad.
              The problem with Ouzo is it's pretty high proof but because it's sweet and tastes like licorice it's easy to drink too much of it. For some reason it's not as easy to drink as much whiskey or even vodka of the same proof. You drink the liquid candy and then all a sudden a two by four slams you and you are fucking drunk.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

ahem.... mow the lawn, or do some other strenuous physical activity on a 42℃ day.

an icy cold beer will be the greatest thing that ever passed your lips.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I started with champagne, went on to wine and ended with Ouzo shots. Ouzo is the last thing I remember from yesterday. It was just three of us, me and one girl were both feeling bad today. But not this third girl, she drank one bottle of wine, some champagne and just a half shot of Ouzo. And she was feeling great this morning.
                  You made the classic mistake of mixing too many kinds of drinks. You probably would have been fine if you steered away from the ouzo. If you have been drinking wine you really don't want to follow it up with something else; especially something like ouzo.

I hate to say it but my hangover remedy was to drink a beer. LOL! The old standby of black coffee is still good. Sometimes just getting a little food and sipping on orange juice helps.

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    You made the classic mistake of mixing too many kinds of drinks. You probably would have been fine if you steered away from the ouzo. If you have been drinking wine you really don't want to follow it up with something else; especially something like ouzo.

I hate to say it but my hangover remedy was to drink a beer. LOL! The old standby of black coffee is still good. Sometimes just getting a little food and sipping on orange juice helps.

I couldn't even hold down water. Food wasn't even an option at that point. I took ibuprofen and paracetamol in the morning with some water and i couldn't hold it down.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
                      ahem.... mow the lawn, or do some other strenuous physical activity on a 42℃ day.

an icy cold beer will be the greatest thing that ever passed your lips.

No, cold coke is the best thing. I LOVE coke.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I couldn't even hold down water. Food wasn't even an option at that point. I took ibuprofen and paracetamol in the morning with some water and i couldn't hold it down.
                        That sounds like a bad hangover. The worst ones are when you puke bile all night. LOL! Sometimes sipping a warm Coke helps. Sometimes you just have to let it run it's course and not drink or eat anything.

You let your fans get to you!

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

The problem with Ouzo is it's pretty high proof but because it's sweet and tastes like licorice it's easy to drink too much of it. For some reason it's not as easy to drink as much whiskey or even vodka of the same proof. You drink the liquid candy and then all a sudden a two by four slams you and you are fucking drunk.

The thing is when I drink any kind of alcohol, I have to wash it down with something sweet like soda. Even when I drink Baileys which I like, I have to take soda after every sip.

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

That sounds like a bad hangover. The worst ones are when you puke bile all night. LOL! Sometimes sipping a warm Coke helps. Sometimes you just have to let it run it's course and not drink or eat anything.

You let your fans get to you!

I heard that flat coke is best. It also cures stomach flu. Coke cures EVERYTHING

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Coca Cola is good for nausea and upset stomaches. For some reason other cola drinks don't work as well. My mom always had Coke on hand in case someone got sick. You can buy cola syrup but good old Coca Cola works fine.

You just have to be careful mixing different kinds of alcohol. If you like sugary drinks then stick with those kind of drinks. You can drink wine with a meal and then have cocktails afterwards but it's best to let what you ate settle down some. It's of course how much you drink. Also drinking on an empty stomach is different than drinking on a full stomach.

I made the mistake of drinking a lot of Johnny Walker Red scotch on an empty stomach before a Van Hagar concert. LOL! I don't know if the scotch made me puke or if it was Sammy Hagar's singing.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

The thing is when I drink any kind of alcohol, I have to wash it down with something sweet like soda. Even when I drink Baileys which I like, I have to take soda after every sip.
                                Rum and Coke or Jack and Coke is what you should drink.

Comment

Working...