X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1nelahnav1
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Mar 2007

Van halen 2014?

I was just checking thrill call and it say 1 upcoming show for van halen may 16 2014 in Greenville SC. Not sure if anyone had seen this yet.
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

That can't be right. I have them booked to play my back yard for my b-day on that date.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Zing!
        That can't be right. I have them booked to play my back yard for my b-day on that date.
        Thanks to Dave's stellar performance following the debut of ADKOT...

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Daves voice wasn't great this tour. Thank you captain obvious.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            I heard you left the building?
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              I heard you left the building?
              We should have changed the locks...
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Since Dave just did a "thank you" video for the tour, I'd get the idea the tour is over. Of course, I didn't listen to the video. Anyone can chime in here.

Oh dear.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                  Since Dave just did a "thank you" video for the tour, I'd get the idea the tour is over. Of course, I didn't listen to the video. Anyone can chime in here.
                  It was Dave smilin', shaking hands and giving hugs with Happy Trails & Just A Gigolo playing. Not a Van Halen in sight. Good shot of Steven Tyler giving Dave a big hug. Really wonder what's next for these guys.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                    Bridge pretty much summed it up. If the video didn't put up a graphic saying "Thanks for a great tour" at the very end....it would have simply been a DLR promotional video. Honestly...up until the last 5 or 6 seconds, it could have been mistaken for any of the other videos that Dave has flung at us over the last couple of years.

No concert footage, no appearances by anybody with the last name "Van Halen." Plenty of pics and videos of hugs and handshakes all around from Dave....but none of them with Ed, Alex, or Wolf.

What does it all mean? Who knows...I'm worn out with speculating about Van Halen. Que sera....
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                      What does it all mean? Who knows...I'm worn out with speculating about Van Halen. Que sera....
                      Exhausting, isn't it?

Oh, and after one more viewing, I caught Al and Wolf for 1 second at the Cafe Wha? show.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        Exhausting, isn't it?
                        Y'know...it really is! It is mentally taxing to be devoted to this band. Hardcore CVH fans are undoubtedly the most devoted fans in rock for all of the shit they put us through. The speculation, the guessing games, the on again/off again tours, etc... Granted, we put a lot of this on ourselves because we're fucking nuts...but it is almost a full-time job to be a CVH fan.

Now that this chapter in VH history is in the books, I feel relieved. I actually caught myself taking a deep breath after watching that video....it was like the end of a marathon where you collapse at the finish line.

I know one thing. I can't do it again. Whatever happens in VH-land...I'll wait for it to come to me. I can't actively seek it out like I've been doing almost non-stop since 2005. I got what I came for in ADKOT and the subsequent tour(s). Honestly, it was more than I ever thought was possible. I believe that just below the surface the old wounds are still bleeding and the band is still fractured with DLR on one side and the VH brothers on the other.

If there was going to be a "thank you" video about the tour, it should have come from the whole band. The fact that it came from Dave himself and prominently featured his solo work speaks volumes about the state of the band, in my worthless opinion.

It should have been all four of them, set to "Blood and Fire." But instead, Al and Wolf are off the radar, Ed's doing photo shoots in Elvis glasses, and Dave is being Dave.

Oh, and after one more viewing, I caught Al and Wolf for 1 second at the Cafe Wha? show.
                        As for that, I think that was purely because the venue was so small that they had no choice but to have Al and Wolf in the same frame with Dave.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are heading back into the dormant days where the official VH website collects dust while Dave continues his "Roth Show" on his own site.

But it was an awesome fucking ride!!
                        Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good shot of Steven Tyler giving Dave a big hug. Really wonder what's next for these guys.
                          I think Tyler told Dave "hey, if you want to be a judge on American Idol I can hook you up."
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

^^^This. I've been feeling this way too recently. The band not's the only only one that's getting old! I almost started a thread the other day. I'm done with =VH=...but not in a bad way. I just have closure. Although I missed out this tour, I was fortunate to catch them early in the 07 before Ed "screwed up". And then there was ADKOT. The perfect bookend for the 6 pack. Finally, after all these years, I am content.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Agree 100% Dutch, especially regarding 'them coming to us' with whatever may lie ahead with them.

What I look forward to most right now with regards to the band is the Van Halen Rising book that is in the works. The author, from what I can tell, is putting forth a tremendous amount of effort towards the cause of unearthing all of the minute details that led to the phenomenon known as the mighty Van Halen.

Comment

Working...