Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

Not the end of the book but this chapter closed. New music should be next, when is a highly variable word in the VH world.

Comment

• Never was
      Foot Soldier
      • May 2012

I'd be surprised if over, this kinda of a toxic mix usually goes unstable with a bang not a smile.

Comment

• diamondclaudio
        Roadie
        • Jan 2004

Official video of Lenny Kravitz performing It Ain't Over Til It's Over from the album Mama Said, REMASTERED IN HD!Vote for Lenny Kravitz to join the Rock & R...

Comment

• Silexxx
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2010

I wish they would do a South American tour and release it on DVD/Blu-ray/CD or whatever like many of the other big bands do.

And of course to do that European tour. =VH= has only visited Finland once and that was with Gary!

Comment

• Grit
            Roadie
            • Oct 2011

Seems like for the most part, it's up to Wolfie on what the venture is

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Grit
              Seems like for the most part, it's up to Wolfie on what the venture is
              Not sure I agree with that. That was definitely the case 5 or 6 years ago when Ed could barely put one foot in front of the other, but now that he's fully sober I believe he's back in control.

I suspect that Wolfie may go his own way to forge his own legacy, and the next incarnation of VH (if there is one) will include Michael Anthony. Wishful thinking perhaps, but I have a hunch...
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                I suspect that Wolfie may go his own way to forge his own legacy, and the next incarnation of VH (if there is one) will include Michael Anthony. Wishful thinking perhaps, but I have a hunch...
                Only a band like Van Halen could leave the door open for so many "reunions" (even though the reuniting of Dave and Ed was the biggest and more than enough for most true =VH= fans). With that said, the real "reunion" of Van Halen - one that includes Michael Anthony - seems like the only thing they have not put closure on. On a financial level it seems like a no-brainer. In fact, now that I think about it, VH could have Wolfie's band (Tremonti?) open the show and still include him on the tour - having him sit in on a few tunes during their set.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• twobad
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

Do you think MA would share the stage with Wolf as the cost of going out on tour again with VH?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Well at this point, the elusive pie in the sky is the original four, but I just can't see it happening. If Wolf moves on, Ed's probably going to put more time towards his product line. In no way could anyone convince me that working with Mike Anthony again is an item towards the top of Ed's bucket list. What we want and what he wants are definitely not one in the same. I also can't imagine this band touring anymore. No matter who's involved. The vibe of any sort of continuation just isn't there. Since Ed healed from his Diverticulitis, they've had extended breaks in between some scattered shows. And now, a big break? A 'thanks for the tour' from a lone Dave? I don't know. I love 'em, but I'm not holding my breath for a damn thing.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by twobad
                      Do you think MA would share the stage with Wolf...?
                      I think back to the early 00's when Cheap Trick were doing all sorts of Trick Fests and anniversary shows. They very graciously, had Jon Bryant, Tom Petersson's one-time replacement for 3 or so albums, up on stage for a couple of songs from his era. It was a nice way to promote the fact that, though there was a revolving door moment with a prominent member, the loyalty to the replacement player was still there. Like a family.

Should VH ever fully right their ship, Wolf opening the show with what ever project he's part of, followed by popping up on stage for an ADKOT tune or two would totally work in my eyes.

But again, who knows what's swimming around in Ed's head. Hopefully, something good.

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Silexxx
                        I wish they would do a South American tour and release it on DVD/Blu-ray/CD or whatever like many of the other big bands do.

And of course to do that European tour. =VH= has only visited Finland once and that was with Gary!
                        I also wish a Southamerican Tour. Brazil will host the 2014 FIFA World Cup, and VH has a huge fanbase in Brazil.

The 2014 World Cup wil be like a “whole month holiday” for the region. It would be a great opportunity for VH, Brazil will receive more than 500.000 tourists from all over the world.

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          But again, who knows what's swimming around in Ed's head. Hopefully, something good.
                          Right now I'd say: "What else can I franken-stripe and charge an exorbitant fee for? I've already striped beach towels, flip-flops, lighters, hmmmm... Oh yeah, how about license plate frames?"
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I saw that, to which I let out a muted "good grief" to myself.

Comment

• Grit
                              Roadie
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                              Not sure I agree with that. That was definitely the case 5 or 6 years ago when Ed could barely put one foot in front of the other, but now that he's fully sober I believe he's back in control.

I'd love to see Michael Anthony in the mix but man, I don't know. I think Eddie hates him even more than Hagar. Even for the 2004 reunion with Hagar, Ed wanted Anthony gone. Hagar said no way. Anthony took a huge pay cut for that tour and gave away some rights as a member of the band. I don't know if it's simply because Anthony and Hagar were so close?? As we all know Ed was in a bad, bad place back then so who knows?

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Zing!
                                Right now I'd say: "What else can I franken-stripe and charge an exorbitant fee for? I've already striped beach towels, flip-flops, lighters, hmmmm... Oh yeah, how about license plate frames?"
                                iPhone covers? I think I saw an ad on the VHND.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...