New David Lee Roth Greatest Hits coming in Nov!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfsbane
    Roadie
    • Jan 2005

My favorite part of discussing things with David Lee Roth fans is that noone's IQ is in the triple digits.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by wolfsbane
      My favorite part of discussing things with David Lee Roth fans is that noone's IQ is in the triple digits.
      We live in the 80's, mentally and emotionally.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        We live in the 80's, mentally and emotionally.
        Speak for yourself... the 70's were far better and we got more pussy!!

What the hell is wrong with a triple digit IQ?

Von has one... it's about 47.2...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Von can't count that high!
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            Speak for yourself... the 70's were far better and we got more pussy!!

What the hell is wrong with a triple digit IQ?

Von has one... it's about 47.2...
            Alright, let's settle this shit for once and for all: You are hanging out by the lagoon, and everyone is getting loaded on some of the Professor's bizarre cocktails, served in coconut cups. As the evening rolls on and attitudes tend to relax, Thurston Howell III serves up some jungle-found cannabis he has brightly loaded into one or two of his Cuban cigars, and has shared them with the group. Now, you have a choice to make: Mary Ann or Ginger?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              Thanks pal! I bought myself a new shotgun as a birthday present lol!
              "Don't point that thing at me!"

Happy Day of the Birthing!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Thanks Bridge!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DFVH5150
                  Groupie
                  • Apr 2004

Not that it was well-put-together, not that the choice of songs was normal (is it ever for a Best of/GH?), not that the choice of videos on the DVD was normal or especially the VHS quality of the long-awaited DLR solo home video collection, and not that there were new songs on the com-pi-lation or anything, et cetera et cetera as the man himself would say...you follow?

But it's interesting that this Greatest Hits wasn't advertised on any of the sites outside of being mentioned here and on the VH Forums.

He is VH's current frontman, but no news of it is to be found on the main page here, VHND, or even his very own official site(!). I see it's at least for sale on the VHND-affiliated Van Halen Store.

Not a big deal, it's not a Van Halen release, but still, just odd.

I know he put one out in '97, but even though time flies when you're older--that was a long time ago--and seems like a good time while being back in VH to release one, but why no care?

Shit, no one even cares about this thread. Alright then.
                  Dave
                  VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• DFVH5150
                    Groupie
                    • Apr 2004

...nothing from after "The Best" like his fan-favorite DLR Band album, he excludes one of his biggest videos where he did the epitome of Jungle-Studness by climbing mountains higher than Rocky did in Rocky IV--and you know he's big on that because he always talks about and show pics of that kind of stuff to this day, either way, what rock star is cool enough to do that?!--yet not included.

To capitalize being back in VH? Now that he's back in the band, any of his new music will be at the top of the Billboard Charts again when released, he will perform to sold-out (or close to it) arenas for here on out...so why even do it if you're not going to try to put out something decent or have it promoted?

Just weird.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

No one cares because Dave didn't !

Comment

• big fatty
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2004

You dont understand. It is the record company, " Friday Music ", that has the rights of the Warners releases, and they would put this out regardless of whether DLR approved or not. That is why there is nothing on it from after " YFLM ". I suspect DLR just sent them some new pictures is all. Which is ironic, as it probably would of been better with old pictures, like the '97 best of.

Comment

• DFVH5150
                          Groupie
                          • Apr 2004

Yeah I kinda thought it might be one of those situations.
                          Dave
                          VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by big fatty
                            You dont understand. It is the record company, " Friday Music ", that has the rights of the Warners releases, and they would put this out regardless of whether DLR approved or not. That is why there is nothing on it from after " YFLM ". I suspect DLR just sent them some new pictures is all. Which is ironic, as it probably would of been better with old pictures, like the '97 best of.
                            What's there to understand ? Dave had a greatest hits album coming out. He needs too find out what the record company has in mind. If Dave did contact them he didn't give them much input. And that's why I say he didn't care. Half the song's were never popular at all. The video's are not cleaned up and missing some very popular songs. Hell Dave went out of his way too call Ed to find out what was going too be on the 96 VH Hits album. Which lead to 2 new song's. I just make my own greatest hits albums anyway so I wont by it. I would have considered it if the video part would have been better. Hell I already have those on a boot dvd in a better version. If Dave wanted some of those not so popular songs out their again that's fine I guess, but most fair weather fans will pick it up and say what are half these songs ? Maybe it will do o.k. for him.

Comment

Working...